Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. S C NijhawanYour feedback matters!
Both ovaries show multiple peripheral follicles with a central echogenic stroma what does it mean? Dr. provide me fertomid 50 mg I want suggestion from best gyna.
How to increase the testosterone level in body? What should we eat? Please tell me any Ayurveda medicine for grow beard on my face as my age is 25yrs. Is there any hence of beard now?
What is the symptoms for diabetes. I am 33 yrs old. How to find it. What type of food should take. What foods should avoid?
I will masturbate my dick every day is good to health n good for feature and if I release my sperm daily it vil create new pimples on face are not and what to do for grow long pennis my pennis is small?
I am 23years old and I feel weakness and my digestion system week so back to back go toilet and my weat loss my heath regularly back. Pleas help me.
I am 21 years old male, I am suffering from headache from 2 months I have used many medicines but didn't get any solution the pain is increasing day by day what is the solution.
Please tell a Sure Shot method to increase Sexual Stamina (except Kegel Exercise ). Currently unmarried so masturbation time is 2 min appx. Need to increase stamina as getting Married this year (2016). Please help ASAP. .
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer: People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease: According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity: People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol: High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders: In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Dr. I am a only 24 years and I am positive with diabetes what should I do. Its fasting 180 to 200 always and in pp 300.
There been pain in my both ankles from 2 years, when diagnosed, I have been reported with increased uric acid - 7.3. Can you suggest a cure. Thanx.
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.