Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.C. Modi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.C. ModiYour feedback matters!
Hlo sir I am suffering for constipation last three years. Take many medicine but no effect. Pls suggest the best treatment. Some time come blood with stool.
I had undergone Bypass surgery (CABG 3 Grafts) in 2011 @age of 44. Regularly taking cardivas CR 20, cilnidipine 10 mg, ecosprin 75 mg with clopidogrel 75 mg, rosuvastatin 20 mg and telmisartan 40 mg. Is it ok?
Omnacortil syrup besides other medicines has been prescribed for my grandson who is aged one year and is suffering from cold and cough. Is it safe to administer the medicine to the children of this age?
Our body cells are responsible for the essential breakdown of food into energy, as it is vital for our body functioning. Cells break down food into glucose and then convert glucose into energy through insulin, which is an important hormone in the body. Diabetes is associated with the inappropriate functioning of insulin and can be classified into two types: Type I and Type 2 Diabetes. In type I Diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin. In type 2 diabetes, the cell do not use insulin properly.
Both conditions cause blood glucose levels to rise in the body. Diabetes is more than one disease as it poses serious health risks. People with diabetes are at risk of developing a host of problems such as stroke, hypertension, nerve damage, skin, eyes and kidney problems. High amount of blood sugar level can cause damage to the blood vessels leading to blocked arteries restricting blood flow to the heart. Poor blood glucose control can lead to high blood pressure and other blood lipid abnormalities including high levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and triglycerides.
The link between cardiovascular disease and diabetes is well established by medical science. It is estimated that 65% of people with diabetes die of heart disease, which makes it a leading cause of all deaths among diabetic patients. Doctors refer to this connection as DHD- Diabetic Heart Disease. The term Diabetic Heart Disease covers coronary heart disease; narrowing of the arteries, heart failure; minimising heart’s capacity to pump enough blood and diabetic cardiomyopathy; alteration in the structure and function of the heart.
A sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical activity, smoking, stressful life and unhealthy eating habits all contribute to weight gain, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes. Thus, weight and lifestyle issues management is the best way to prevent and control such health risks.
Let’s look at some simple but effective ways towards a healthy lifestyle:
- Physical exercise: Adopt a 30-minute exercise rule to remain healthy and fit. For diabetic patients, a morning and evening walk is highly recommended. You could walk, run, gym, climb stairs, do yoga, aerobics or other physical activity that interests you.
- Eat healthy: Avoid fried and packaged foods as they are full of fats, salt and sugar. Include seasonal vegetables and fruits in your diet and drink plenty of water. Dieticians recommend eating a heart-healthy diet including superfoods like broccoli, spinach, berries and fibre rich meal.
- Weight management: Keeping weight under check is an effective way to prevent the risk of heart diseases. Consult a dietician for a customised diet plan as per your medical condition.
- Be positive: Stress is a silent killer and a major contributor to all lifestyle diseases. Remain calm and manage your negative thoughts to overcome stress.
Health is the ultimate treasure you have! Preserve it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had unprotected sex with my fiance on 8th feb, her menstrual cycle date was on 12th feb eventually she missed her date today is 15th feb. Are there chances for her to get pregnant and if yes please advice how to get through it. Thank you.
Know Your Headache
What is Headache?
Headache, also known as cephalalgia, is the symptom of pain anywhere in the region of the head.
Approximately 64-77% of people have a headache at some point in their lives.
How does it occur?
1. Traction or dilatation of intracranial or extracranial arteries.
2. Traction of large extracranial veins
3. Compression, traction or inflammation of nerves
4. Spasm and trauma to head muscles.
5. Meningeal irritation and raised intracranial pressure
6. Disturbance of intracerebral serotonergic projections
May include fatigue, sleep deprivation, stress, the effects of medications, the effects of recreational drugs, viral infections, common colds, head injury, rapid ingestion of a very cold food or beverages, and dental or sinus issues.
If you are having migraine you may feel moderate to severe pain which is pulsating or throbbing type and it occurs 2 to 3 times a week which stays for 4 to 72 hours.It usually occurs on one side but it can swap between attacks. You may feel aura, nausea, vomiting and you will be sensitive to light, sound and smells. Sufferers seek rest in a dark, quiet room.
It is twice more common in females than males.
What Happens during migraine?
Tension-type headache - If you are suffering from tension headache you will feel pain mostly everyday on both side of head, whole head,and neck.it feels pressure and tightness in head.You wont have light and sound sensitivity.
Acupuncture is probably not helpful for tension-type headaches.
If you are having excruciating, penetrating, continuous, non-throbbing type of pain you may be suffering from cluster headache. Pain may persist for 15 to 180 minutes.It is periodical type of headache, like you may feel pain on the particular time or on season or on same clock time on each day. Rest of the time the pain will be absent. It is more common in middle aged male smoker.
What triggers your headache?
Foods: spices, wine , chocolate, citrus
Food additives: monosodium glutamate
Sleep: both too much and too little
Stress: mainly offset
Female hormones: fluctuating or falling oestrogen
People often use over-the-counter medicines or prescription pain killers to get relief from headaches. But there are many natural remedies that can treat your headache quickly and easily.
- Mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice. Consume it once or twice a day.
- Menthol and menthone are the primary components of mint which are very effective in alleviating headaches.
- Peppermint contains menthol that helps open up clogged blood vessels that cause headaches. It also has calming and soothing effects.
- Basil works as a muscle relaxant, making it a helpful treatment for mild headaches caused by tense muscles. Plus, it has calming and analgesic effects.
- Simply smelling the soothing scent of lavender essential oil can be of great help in relieving tension headaches. Research suggests that it can also help improve migraine symptoms.
- The cold from ice helps reduce inflammation that contributes to headaches. Plus, it has a numbing effect on the pain.
- Simply massage your forehead and temples with a few drops of rosemary oil mixed in a tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Crush a few cloves gently and put them in a sachet or a clean handkerchief. Inhale the smell of the crushed cloves whenever you have a headache until you get some relief from the pain.
- Simply eat an apple with some salt.
- Accupuncture: Press and massage the fleshy area between the thumb and index finger, at the highest spot of the muscle when both the thumb and finger are brought close together. Do this for one or two minutes and then repeat on the other hand.
Regular exercise can reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches and migraines. When one exercises, the body releases endorphins, which are the body's natural painkillers. Exercise reduces stress and helps individuals to sleep at night. Stress and inadequate sleep are two migraine triggers.
In order to prescribe a homeopathic remedy, it is crucial to discover what is unique about the way an individual experiences a headache. For example, all migraine sufferers may experience nausea, but a particular individual may feel thirsty for cold drinks with the headache. Thirst for cold drinks is the characteristic symptom that sets one migraine sufferer apart from others.
There are hundreds of possible remedies for the treatment of headaches, so the key is finding which homeopathic remedy most closely matches your symptoms.
Belladonna, Glonoine, Sanguinaria, Nux Vomica etc are the medicines for the headache.
First Headache is worst headache.
Sudden onset headache is a red flag.
In 99.9% of people with headache there is no sign of tissue damage.
Injuring the brain itself does not cause pain - it causes altered brain function, however the membrane and blood vessels of the brain are very pain sensitive.
I have one kidney large and other small. I am planning to take lean gainer protein powder .Will it be harmful for my kidneys?
I have problem that there is pain in my both ear due to even few cool weather. So what can I do for increase my body temperature or to increase body warm. To immune cool weather.
Society sends numerous messages to men about sexuality. For example, men are taught to believe they:
can always get an erection
should always initiate sex
should always want sex
should always be in control
give women pleasurable orgasms
should have a big penis (or feel inadequate)
should know what to do in the bedroom
should hide any feelings of inadequacy or vulnerability
Men are taught to conform to these myths and can develop negative feelings as a result. This is especially true if their sexual needs happen to differ from societal standards. The restrictions imposed by these standards may inhibit men from exploring the full range of their sexuality.
Ultimately, men and women have the same basic requirements for a fulfilling sex life. They need self-knowledge about their bodies, accurate information about sexuality, awareness of the options available to them, and knowledge of techniques to improve their sexual skills, both physically and verbally.
Men usually get information about sex from peers and popular culture. Friends will brag about who or what they did, while men’s magazines emphasize sexual performance and virility. In this context, aspects of sexuality such as performance, competition, and accomplishment are overly—and erroneously—emphasized.
To expand your views of sexuality, try some of the following:
Ask your partner to caress you; dictate how you would like to be touched.
Breathe consciously during sex.
Say yes when you want to.
Say no when you want to.
Self-pleasure (masturbate) slowly.
Fantasize while you masturbate.
Touch yourself all over; notice what feels good.
Talk about sex with your partner; discuss what you have discovered arouses you.
Have a sexual experience with your partner without having intercourse.
Touch your partner’s body for your own pleasure.
Take Care of Your Body
Exercise regularly and watch your diet. Men who exercise are less likely to develop erectile dysfunction (ED).
ED becomes more common as men age, especially among men who are sedentary. Men who exercise regularly are more likely to avoid ED, and may even be able to reverse some of the symptoms of ED after ED appears, by improving diet and becoming more physically active. Of course, looking good often translates to feeling good. And feeling good about oneself—having self-confidence and self-esteem—has been linked to better overall sexual satisfaction among men.