Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. S C JunejaYour feedback matters!
The treatment of heart disease has come a long way and one of the more important and fairly common devices used to correct rhythmic problems of the heart is a pacemaker. A pacemaker is a device which is put inside the chest or sometimes even the abdomen to send electrical pulses to the heart to keep it beating at a normal rate.
Pacemaker for heart failure
However, the implications in case of heart failure make the usage of the pacemaker much more complicated. In such cases, the device used is a special type of pacemaker which is also called a bi-ventricular pacemaker. This device sends electrical signals to pump the ventricles of the heart so that they can pump at the same time.
There are many factors to be aware of before undergoing this treatment. Some of the factors to consider are mentioned below.
- Requirement for a pacemaker in case of heart failure - When a patient has heart failure, their ventricles or lower chambers of the heart aren't able to pump enough blood into it. This could be due to physical problems with the heart or problems with the electrical system within it which cannot function normally. The doctor will perform multiple tests to determine whether a patient is the right candidate for a pacemaker for heart failure.
- The procedure - In most cases the device is fitted into the chest and it is done without an open heart surgery. Precautions and post operative care for a minor surgery should be followed. The doctor makes a minor incision on the chest and then inserts the device along with three leads which are connected to the ventricles to ensure they keep pumping properly. Sometimes another device known as the ICD or the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator may be put in to shock the heart back to a normal rhythm in extreme cases where the change of sudden death from high heart rate is a possibility.
- Immediate post operative care - As mentioned above, the surgery involved in putting a pacemaker is a minor one and the patient is usually discharged in next 2-3 days or may be more depending on the comorbidities & complexity of the scenario. However, in most cases, people can go home the next day fairly easily although some monitoring is done for the next few days with daily reporting.
I am 21 yo male, I have sharp pain in my chest's right side whenever I move my right arm forward, its been there since I sneezed (really hard) about a few minutes ago.
I have no stomach pain But heart pain by gas trouble. I am Not having sugar and pressure. Hemoglobin 11.5%. Age 45.Please suggest
My wife pulse rate goes 115-120. She is diabetic patient. She is taking telma 40, gluformin 500, volibo 0.3 mg, insulin 30/70 mixstard 20 units in the morning. Night has been stopped by the endocrinologist. But her bp remains 130/95 or sometimes it goes 99/100 but pulse rate is very high. Is metxl tablet and upto how many mg 25 mg or plain will be suitable in her case to control the heartbeat.
Hi doctor. A while ago I feel my heart beat very fast . It was like a minute . Not to any physical activity . I was just sitting and suddenly I felt.
I have 480 cholesterol. TWO EYE CIRCLE HAS FULLY cholesterol. I AM 24 YEARS OLD. MY weight is 65 KG. Please tell me how can I reduce this cholesterol? I take rojavel20 medicine continue.
I had echo ecg tmt chest x-ray which came out to be normal but still I get frequent chest pains. And whenever this pain trigger I still fear it could be heart disease and my pain worsens. I google my symptoms some sites says some stories that even if tests comes out Normal still you may have heart disease this makes me fear. I am not able to go to office thinking about these chest pain. I started taking lot of tension regarding this pain. I am Not able to enjoy my life. I always think something must have been missed in my tests. I am not able to travel alone as well. What do I do to get rid of this and start my Normal life again. Can a 24 years old get heart disease can tension alone cause heart problems?
I am 58 years old I have diabetic heart disease I took cholredral forte ismo 20 replace 50 tgtdr 10 prolomet 50 for the past 10 years I lost my sexual feelings and my penis is decrease small size what happened and have any medicine to improve in sidha or english medicine please give correct medicine.
Mild heart attack occured. Now I am on medication. Is heart disease reversible? If so how I am diabetic since 30 years. Bypass done 8 years ago. I am now 63 years old .
Without any reason ill get fear, ill start to feel my heart beats which make me feel very uncomfortable, for a month ago I started to study for exams and I use to study at night skipping sleep, what is this why im feeling panic and I did my ECG it showed sinus tachycardia so please help im feeling very worse. I want to get rid of this permanently.
From last 9 day I am having lite pain in & around my muscles below left chest I also had gas problem for last 2 years remedy pl.
I am a BP (140/100, or 140/90) patient. All the test results say nothing but I have BP. And recently I noticed some Gasping issue. Is it because of BT or some thing else and I am using Prolomet XL 25 is it safe is there any side effects.
I am taking blood thinners because I have got my angioplasty done. I have got a blood clot on my thigh. What is the remedy ?
Hi all, I am 27 years old. I have fast heart beat since last two or three months but since last some day's it's quite faster. I had my Ecg with two different doctors they said ECG is normal. Now. Don't understand the reason for palpitations. Please let me know and how to cure it .my heart rate was 115 shown in ECG. Is there any effect on heart please let me know.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.