Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.C BhatiaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am using depiwhite cream for darkspots how manh days it will take to reduce the spots on an avarahe.
I have skin disease at buttocks since year ago. I tried skin creams like clobeta GM but it didn't worked. Sometime it heals very good but in short time it appears. Can you suggest me cream or any medicine with more power?
My face skin is not so tight and have double chin also. My name is raj and my age is 30 please suggest me proper medicines.
I am suffering from pcos and hormonal imbalances. Apart from that my upper hands and foot are dark having patches. Doctor suggesting don't rub it to stop triggering it's darkness. I have dark patches on forehead and chin. please give me solution for it.
I travel on a two wheeler daily for my coaching and so, my arms are tanned to a great extent. How can I get rid of this tanning in less time without wearing full sleeve shirts as its too hot?
I am 26 years old female, my face skin is very dry and sensitive, for dryness despite of applying cetaphil (DAM. It's an daily advanced Ulta hydrating moisturise my face skin around checks is dull, rough and dry I have applied it throughout winter season n now for summers too will use the same. My overall body skin is dry but controlled you can say comparatively. Pls suggest some remedy for this dryness.
Sir 6 month meri body ki skin me daad jaise ho rahe hain. Jab dhup ya garmi hoti hai to aisa lagta hai k jaise cheti kaatti hai jisse mujhe bahut prob hoti hai. Pls acha sa upay batyen.
I have a black burn spot on my cheek before 15 year's ago then how to reduce my black spot and reduce to burn scars.
I am 18 years old male and I have an rash on my nose from 1year ago, I used an cream fusiwal bt nt overcome from that. Can you sugest me what can I do to overcome from that problem?
Hi i am 20 years old and I got stitches scar on my forehead I got this scar wen I was 5 and it still exist please help me out to get rid of it.
Hi I have skin issue my age is 22 but hand and leg skin its look like old lady type skin. Please help me.
I am having some Light Brown spots on both my feet. No irritation whatsoever. I am on Medication for Mild Hypertension - Tenechlor 25 mg. May I know reasons for the same and whether this would be a problem in the future.
I am getting pimples on my chins and I am getting rashes on my back and after applying lemon, they got reduced but those scar's didn't go away and they seem black. How do we get rid of those scars and black spot on the pimples and reduce the black spots along with scars and the skin to be fair? What to do to have clear skin? Without pimples and scars?
I am losing fairness on my face I was facing problems I getting pimples on face to avoid the pimples what should I do.
I am 28 year old female I have blemishes on my face. Under eyes area. I have tk treatment from skin specialists and already used home remedies. But it's still becoming dark day by day. Please advise for treatment or any other way to remove blemishes from my face .can I take Zeno device treatment fir lighten the blemishes? Or any other method Please advise as I am loosing my self confidence.
I am getting blisters on my leg, they are filling up. There are quite a few on the legs. I am 55 years old, male. I have had a hip replacement fine in May 2015. The blisters are forming on the same leg.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.