Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.C Bhatia
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.C BhatiaYour feedback matters!
I have a scar on my forehead from a recent accident. What can I do to reduce the Scar? Is there any way to remove it completely?
My facial skin is becoming tanned after working in front of computer .after exfoliating with water and soap my skin seems dry and after few minutes it is becoming oily .what are the remedies for this and which type of soap should I use.
I am 25 years old I have a skin problem ferlw days back I observerved blacksores in my skin it is creating very problem please suggest e what to do.
In summer only, my face get darken and summer boils comes on it very badly. Red rashes around forehead nose and down to lips. And itching badly.
Everybody wants a radiant and younger looking skin that is flawless and glowing. Having a healthy lifestyle that involves eating right, sleeping well and exercising enough can help you achieve that. But sometimes, that is not quite enough. It is a common misconception that the only way to get perfect skin is through cosmetic surgery. What many people do not know is that there is a range of non-surgical treatments and procedures that can give you the skin you desire. These treatments are quick and easy and do not come with the hassles of post-operation care.
Following are a few examples of such treatments that can give you better skin:
- Chemical peels: This is a treatment method for skin that makes it look younger and smoother. It involves the application of a chemical solution that makes the skin blister and peel off. The layer of skin that lies underneath comes up to the surface and is suppler and less wrinkled than the skin that has peeled off.
- Botox injections: Botox (an abbreviation for botulinum toxin) is a bacterial protein that is injected into the skin to make it appear less aged. The muscles in the area of the skin that receive the injection get temporarily paralyzed which causes wrinkles in the region to diminish.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure involves taking silicon crystals and propelling them onto the skin surface to remove cells from the uppermost layer of skin. The inflammation or “abrasion” that forms on the skin surface helps suppress the appearance of superficial wrinkles and unevenness on the skin, making it look younger and better.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Lasers can be used to improve the appearance of skin. In this treatment method, high intensity light is used to tighten loose skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing can also be used to improve skin that is scarred. Depending on the intensity of the laser used, the effects of the procedure can last between 2 to 5 years.
- Filler injections: This is a common procedure used to improve the appearance of skin. It involves injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin to remove wrinkles and fine lines and increase skin volume. These injects help plump up the skin and make it look more smooth and supple than before.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Melasma is one of the most common pigmentary disorders presenting to the dermatology clinics. The exact cause of melasma is unknown. Plenty of oral as well as topical medications are available for the management of melasma.
Causes of melasma:
Melasma manifests as symmetric hyper pigmented macules on the face. It is common in people with Fitzpatrick skin types 4 to 6. Some of the causative factors are:
Patients with melasma have increased levels of luteinizing hormones and low levels of serum estradiol.
Drugs like phenytoin may lead to development of melasma.
Pregnancy : Is a known factor in the development of melasma.
Sun Exposure : Also leads to the development of melasma.
Pigmentation and darkening of the skin is noted on the cheeks, nose as well as the forehead. Sometimes a generalised diffuse pigmentation is noted. There are 3 main patterns of distribution: Centro facial, malar and mandibular.
Hydroquinone and triple combinations are considered as gold standards in the management of melasma.
However they should be prescribed for a shorter period. Milder depigmenting agents like kojic acid, azelaic acid, glycolic acid can be given for a longer duration to avoid side effects of long term use of hydroquinone.
Chemical peels like glycolic acid peels or retinol peels also provide good results.
Recently tranexemic acid has been used in the management of melasma with good results. Both oral as well as topical formulations are used.
Melasma is a chronic condition with a high tendency to relapse. However with proper medications as well as sun protection, excellent results are obtained.
The aging process is a natural phenomenon and can be treated with the help of anti-aging treatments that include botox, fillers and other such methods. All the treatments are safe and use the minimum invasive technology to treat the skin. If you're thinking about one or more of these treatments, do read this article to get and in depth idea about what do you need to know before you even set foot in a cosmetic surgeon or doctor's office?
Botulinum toxin (BTX) is a neurotoxic protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum and related species. Botulinum toxin types A and B are used in medicine to treat various muscle spasms and diseases characterized by overactive muscle. The commercial form is marketed under the brand name Botox. Botulinum toxin is administered by diluting the powder in saline (sodium chloride) and injecting it directly into neuromuscular tissue. It takes 24-72 hours for botulinum toxin to take effect, which reflects the time needed for the toxin to disrupt the synaptosomal process.
When injected, Botox relaxes muscles, preventing skin from creasing and causing wrinkles. It's effective for "expression lines", such as frown and surprise lines on the forehead and crow's feet around the eyes, and "turkey neck" – lines on the throat. The wrinkles will get smoother in a couple of days after availing the Botox. Botox injections give natural results that lasts generally 6 months to 1 year. Although, the treatment will show immediate results full visible results will be noticed only after a week or two. Botox is the most hassle free and safe anti-aging treatment that not only smoothes the wrinkles but also softens the creases formed on the skin.
Fillers offer a temporary solution and a firm, wrinkle free skin and also diminish scars.There protein fibres called collagen and elastin in the deeper layers of skin which are responsible for offering you a smooth and soft skin. With age, this protein tends to lose its elasticity and leaves out fine lines and scars on the face. The fillers Restylane and Juvederm are clinically proven to smooth and erase these lines formed on the skin. Apart from smoothing or tightening skin, injectable filler also aims to change the facial profile to a more youthful one. The injection of filler materials under the skin can fill in deep folds, such as nasolabial folds also called "bracket lines", running from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth, create fuller lips and pad out hollow cheeks and eyes. Hyaluronic acid fillers which are most widely used last UpTo 18months. Fat transfers - where your own body fat is extracted from another body part, processed and injected into your face, can sometimes last several years too.
Stay away from the wrinkles and fine lines and experience a youthful skin with the anti-aging Botox and fillers! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir Is any cream who effective like hydroquinone cream. Because hydroquinone is dangerous. I think arbutin is effective like it but thats costly please suggest a best cream who I can use long term and please sir who cream you suggest me like hydroquinone nothing else. Thank you sir.
I recently had a big accident I got 8 stitches on my face nw everything is fine but it had a red rashes over the skin please give some tips the accident was happened on 9 april I haven't face any pain.
The harmful effects of UV rays (UVA and UVB) are known to all. UVA can prove to be a great nemesis for flawless skin, accelerating the skin ageing process. The skin loses its radiance and appears saggy and wrinkled. UVB affects the skin superficially, resulting in sunburns and skin tans. At times, overexposure to UV rays can produce Carcinogenic (skin cancer) effects. Use of a good quality sunscreen is more of a necessity than luxury. The effectiveness of a sunscreen can be enhanced several folds if one knows the ins and outs of its use.
- Sunscreens with different SPF (Sun Protection Factor) numbers are available in the market. SPF provides intense protection from the UVB rays. An overall skin protection can only be achieved when the harmful effects from both UVA and UVB can be controlled and minimised. Do not judge a sunscreen by its price tag. An expensive sunscreen is not necessarily an effective sunscreen. Go for the sunscreen that covers a Broad Spectrum.
- Many people do not get the usage of the sunscreen right. Sunscreen cannot work miracles. Applying it only once a day will not solve the purpose. Often, your work might require you to be in the sun for a longer period of time. Under such circumstances, use the sunscreen every two to three hours.
- Application of sunscreen at regular intervals is also effective for people who are more into swimming and water related activities. This usage is beneficial for people who sweat profusely. For sensitive skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist before using any sunscreen.
- Applying excess amounts of sunscreen will not provide your skin with any extra protection. A generous quantity of sunscreen can also do the trick. The quality matters more than the quantity.
- Sunscreens can be Mineral (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide) or Synthetic (Oxybenzone, Avobenzone) active. In case of Mineral sunscreen, one can step outside immediately after its application.
- In case of synthetic sunscreen actives, immediate exposure to sunlight might fail to provide the desired protection. For better results, apply the sunscreen 25 - 30 minutes prior to an outside venture.
- Being at home does not guarantee protection from sunrays. You can still be susceptible to the harmful UV rays. Use sunscreen daily, even when at home.
- If you are into makeup, use sunscreen once you are fully done with the makeup.
- Sunscreen is not only meant for bright, sunny days. This misconception can affect your skin in the long run. Apply sunscreen regularly, irrespective of the weather outside.
Sunscreen, if used accurately will keep a lot of skin problems and sunburns at bay.