Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S BediYour feedback matters!
Hi This is to draw your kind attention that I am a lady of 56 years old and was detected with stage 1 TNBC in left side Breast during January, 2014.Immediately thereafter I underwent Breast conservation surgery followed by 8 doses of chemo and 35 rounds of 3D Linac Radiation therapy. The course of treatment was completed in December, 2014. Since then I am under check up of the Oncologist at regular intervals of 03 months. However on completion of the course of treatment as mentioned above, I have developed the problem of lymphedema in my left hand. Of late I am experiencing tremendous pain in the affect arm with high temperature over the affected arm. I shall be highly obliged if you kindly favor me with valuable advice in this regard. Regards Yours faithfully,
Hi I have irritation in my vagina since my second pregnancy. Now my baby is 11 month old but the problem is continuing. My gynecologist told me it is infection. There is some wet discharge from my vagina that makes itching and it is so irritating. please suggest me something. My gayene gave me vaginal insertion capsules but there is no benefit. please help me.
My wife is in 5th week of pregnancy, her total leukocyte count is 11, 500 against the range of 4000-11000/cmm. Please suggest if it is normal during pregnancy pr there is anything to worry about?
Hello Dr. I am F 35 years. Trying to conceive since 5 yrs. Have PCOD, One tube removed due to one ectopic. (Lead into ectopic after 4 IUI cycle) Tried for IVF. After a long try (6-7 cycle) Egg was retrieved. Hormonal injections was not working for me. Its been 1 years my ebmreyos are freeze. But could not transfered because my ET not growing at all. hysteroscopy and TB PCR done twice. But came normal as per my Dr. Only prob is I have a Fibroid (a tiny one) Every month taking progynova 3 times 11-11-11. With vitamin E and viagra. But still ET not growing beyond 7. Triple line never came up. Not sure why this is happening As per Dr. last only option is surrogacy. My elder sister came foreword to help me in surrogacy. Her age is 37, have one kid of age 12. Had normal delivery 71 Kg, height - 5-4 ET was very good. 8.7 (Clear triple line) blood flow. Uterus condition was good. No cyst, no fibroid She started taking progynova 2 times 1-1-1 from her 2nd day On her 17th day (30th march 2016) 2 embryos transferred. Please find the embryo detail below Embryo 1-4AA (100% survival) Embryo 1-2BB (100% survival) She traveled back to her home town on 3rd april. Dr. suggested to do pregnancy test on 10th April 2016. (11th day after transfer) She did the home urin test today which came -ve. I am really really broken down this time. This was my last hope. I am feeling very low. Could you please help me to understand 1) What may be the reason to fail. As ET was good and also had good quality embryo 2) What should be the next plan. She was continuing progynova till today. 3) When we can plan next transfer. 4) What is the chances of success. Anything we can do to make it success 5) Please suggest any medication for me to grow my ET Kindly please help me on this. Any more suggestion and guidance from your side will be appreciable
Hello. Im 21 yr old grl. I have a problem of pregnancy fear. Whenever I am wid my bf. We have not done any sexual activity. I was just sitting upon. Him. And he was little wet due to arousal. Bt we were dressed up. And now I fear that I may get pregnant. please Help me. And tell me that is there any possibility of being pregnant this way. Plzz relieve me out of this stress and fear.
I am 20 years old girl. I use tablets for preventing periods for few days stopped now. But no periods. At should do? Next week is my wedding. Suggest me a good solution.
I am having hypothyroidism for the past 10 years. I got married on Aug 20 2015. We are trying to get conceive. But we are unsuccessful. Please guide us.
My periods are 2 days late , I checked on I can preg check but it's pregnancy negative . But I am scared . I don't want to be pregnant now . Please advice ?
Your inner health and its link to the heart and Ojas: According to Ayurveda, the heart is believed to be the seat of the ‘Ojas.’ You might be wondering that what Ojas is then. Well, Ojas is a term given to the substance that maintains life. It is responsible for maintaining the bliss and longevity of life. Ayurveda believes that heart can be protected by increasing the ojas. Therefore, the well-being of an individual is directly related to the ojas and condition of his or her heart.
Your inner health can only be improved by maintaining the health of the heart and ojas. Ayurveda suggests that heart can be well kept by boosting fat metabolism and digestion within the body. Therefore, a mixture of herbs is recommended to keep the heart healthy by nourishing the blood, and improving the functioning of heart muscles. Individuals who lead a sedentary life and live on fast-food diet are at risk of developing severe cardiovascular diseases. Ayurvedic treatments offer relief to such persons and ensure the well-being of their hearts and ojas. An authentic Ayurvedic herb mixture improves the health of your heart and inner-health in the following ways:
- It increases the ojas and the power of fighting back diseases
- Nourishes the muscles and tissues of the heart walls
- Improves circulation of the blood through all channels or the shrotas
- Betters the coordination between mind and body
- Enhances fat metabolism and overall digestion, avoids accumulation of excess cholesterol
Tips for good inner health
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
- Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
- Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate medicine for the good heart.
- Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
- Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
- While eating, ensure that the atmosphere around is absolutely peaceful and serene.
- Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
- Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
- Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes. Intake of raw tobacco or getting addicted to drugs is also harmful for the heart.
- Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Work-out and exercise on regular basis.
- Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions.
- Maintain a peaceful environment inside your home.
- Avoid eating pungent food items. They increase anger in you.
- Avoid excessive stressful and emotionally draining works or interactions.
- If you are stressed, take an Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils.
- Go for meditation to relieve yourself from the stress and strains of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I took ipill. I am get bleed on 7th day. I took the ipill within 24 hrs. I took ipill twice in a week. I had sex om the 2nd and 8th day of my period end. Then took ipill within 24 hrs. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Factors that are making you prone to pcod! + how you can manage it
A problem of the body's endocrine system (a system of hormone producing glands), polycystic ovarian disease (or pcod) affects about 18% of indian women. Women in the age group of 15-30 years make up the majority of the victims of this disease. Although the root cause of this problem is still unknown, it can be a result of:
2. Low-grade inflammation
Inflammation occurs when the body's white blood cells (wbcs) produce substances to fight harmful matter that attack the body. A disruption of this natural response of the body can cause low-grade inflammation (a mild but sustained inflammatory response brought on by microbial bacteria called endotoxin). As a consequence, it causes the stimulation of polycystic ovaries to create more androgens (male sex hormones) than female sex hormones. This brings about the appearance of pcod symptoms such as ovulation problem, growth of excessive body and facial hair.
3. Excessive insulin production
Excessive insulin (a hormone produced by the pancreas) production occurs when the cells of the body become resistant to insulin. It causes an increase in the production of androgens, in turn affecting the ovaries' ability to release eggs during ovulation.
Although not a direct cause of the disorder, being obese can increase your chances of pcod significantly. The excess fat in the body can worsen your insulin resistance, and can consequently bring about an increase in the androgen levels, causing weight gain in the end.
5. Unhealthy eating habits
Irregular meal timings and poor eating habits (a diet rich in sugars and carbohydrates) can make you prone to obesity, a risk factor of pcod.
How to manage the problem of pcod?
Although the condition doesn't have a permanent cure, the symptoms can be easily managed by employing these ways:
- limit the intake of refined sugars and carbohydrates to counter the imbalance of insulin and glucose
- exercise for 30-60 minutes a day to boost metabolism for weight loss as well as control of insulin levels
- avoid coffee and other caffeine stimulants that may cause an increase in the production of insulin
- avoid dairy based products and red meat
- include lean meat in your diet
- avoid saturated fats (found in baked foods and lamb, cheese and other dairy products) to control your cholesterol levels
- consume foods that have a low glycaemic index (a scale for determining the effect of food on blood sugar level) such as brown rice, wheat pasta and wholegrain.