Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S.B.SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 36 years old and am suffering from pain on right back and shoulder that extends upto the whole right hand, please advise what should I do?
Hello Doctors, how are you all in here. I just have a doubt, suddenly for the past 2 weeks I have a burning sensation in my ankles and also a swollen feeling when I sit or stand for a long time. I do not see any swelling but I feel like its swollen and a little stiff. I am over weight of 145 KGS. I have started to go to the Gym the last 3 - 4 weeks and lost 7 Kgs but I am a little concerned. I suddenly feel the above feeling and suddenly I feel that the ankles are alright. The main ankle I feel the above mentioned feelings are the left leg the most. Is it anyway related to diabetes is something more serious?
Respected sir, I am 32 year old male person having pain on my right shoulder from 3 years after a accident 3 years ago. Doctor said 3 years ago that there is no facture but little stiff in my two joint bone on right shoulder 3 years ago. Doctor prescribed a exercise of pulling a rope from up and down. But the pain remains on my shoulder and also I cannot throw a stone from my right shoulder. So give me a solution and remedy.
Hi, I am 29 years old male I have a problem with my knees every time I try to climb stairs it hurts a lot. Please help.
I am a 22 year old male. I have been suffering from fever for 2 days. And also feeling pain in joints. Please tell me what should I do.
I am 35 years old and suffering from a thin space in disk problem and disk pain regularly. What should i do?
Hello, I am suffering from back pain when I was driving or just after eating anything specially when I drink cold water, its been from past eight months on 20th february. I was doing back exercise in gym with empty stomach. I am fed up with this pain kindly suggest me solution.
What to do with pain of body because it is very hard to stop it. This pain is on my back since last 4 years and now the condition is that I cannot walk easily. What to do?
I am suffering from cervical spondylitis since last 1 year. The pain is getting severe day by day. Please advise me what to do.
I am am suffering from chronic and severe sneezing for the past 20 years. This is now giving me severe problems like back pain, asthma. Doctors have prescribed anti histamines and I am taking levo cetrizine daily. But the effects are limited. Please suggest if there is any cure.
I have developed neck pain in the intestines of the neck connecting back with the head infact stiff neck for quite some time.
My dad has a problem of legs everyday my dad legs start ache what should I do for my dad please help me sir.
I am suffering from leg joints pains ince 2 months I am looking for good treatment for my leg pains please consultant me a tablets.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.