Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S B Mathur
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S B MathurYour feedback matters!
Piles or haemorrhoids are one of the most common health issues associated with ageing. It can be described as the swelling of veins in the rectum, just above the anus. When irritated by stool movements, piles can be extremely painful. Thankfully there are a number of effective home remedies that can be used to manage and treat this problem. Here are the top 5 ways to treat piles naturally.
- Psyllium husk: Constipation of passing hard stools can aggravate piles and the pain associated with it. One of the most common causes of hard stools is a lack of fibre in the diet. Psyllium husk is rich in fibre and makes stools softer. Ideally, if you suffer from piles, try consuming one tablespoon of psyllium husk with a glass of water every night before going to bed.
- Sitz bath: Heat therapy can be very efficient in relieving pain associated with piles. Heat increases circulation and helps the damaged veins heal faster and also stimulates thermo receptors that block the body’s pain transmitters from signalling the brain. Fill a bucket or bath with warm water and soak the inflamed area in it for 15-20 minutes. This warm water wil also help relieve itchiness help the blood vessels relax.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the healing of haemorrhoids. Applying the gel extracted from aloe vera leaves on the inflamed veins can help soothe and hydrate external haemorrhoids. For internal haemorrhoids discard the thorns and freeze strips of aloe vera leaves before applying over the anus in the form of a cold compress.
- Essential oils: Essential oils such as tea tree oil have the ability to reduce inflammation and can be very beneficial in curing haemorrhoids naturally. Dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil such as castor oil or almond oil and apply directly over the inflamed area. Do not use the oils without dilution as they can be very strong. Other essential oils that can be used to treat piles are lavender oil and rosemary oil.
- Olive oil: Consumption of olive oil makes the blood vessels more elastic and thus reduces the discomfort of passing hard stools. In this way, olive oil can even prevent the formation of piles to an extent. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce discomfort and soothe the inflamed veins. The monosaturated fatty acids in olive oil can also help regulate bowel movements and prevent constipation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.