Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S A KhanYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 25 and married. When ever I do lot of physical activity I am getting my periods early a week before my actual period time. I usually have a 30 day cycle. I tested My hemoglobin and it is 12.8. Could somebody help me with this issue by giving me a solution for my problem? Thanks.
How can you eat healthy? This is a question that plagues many of us. The quest for a youthful looking body that is also slim and well-toned is something that we all strive for. On the other side of the spectrum, we also have people who are concerned about too much of weight loss, fatigue and general weakness. So what all can you do to ensure that you indulge in healthy eating for a healthy body and mind? Try these nine tips.
- Eating the Right Carbohydrates: Choose the right carbs that will help you pile up on energy with the right kind of food. Sugar and flour can cause an overload of carbs in your digestive system, while oats, cereals and complex carbs like whole grains are high in fibre.
- Lean Protein: Avoid red meat and make a beeline for fish and other lean protein that will give you omega three fatty acids in the process as well. This includes fish and chicken.
- Good Fats: There are four major types of dietary fat found in food from plants and animals - Good Fats(monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including omega-3s), Bad Fats(trans fats), and Saturated Fats. Good fats can improve blood cholesterol levels, lower your risk of heart disease, and benefit insulin levels and blood sugar. Omega-3 fats are particularly beneficial for your brain and mood. The best sources are fish, nuts, and seeds.
- Superfoods: Berries and all their variants have come to be known as super foods. These are rich in anti-oxidants which can encourage better brain health. This includes blueberries, cranberries and even salmon and seaweed, used in Oriental cooking.
- Salt Intake: Limit your salt intake but do not cut it out entirely. Ensure that you take NO MORE THAN A TEASPOON OF SALT A DAY. Try to avoid packaged food as it is high in salt content.
- Water: Stock up on water so that you get plenty of hydration and avoid needless snacking. Avoid sugary drinks and too much of caffeine.
- Count the calories you need: Do not simply needlessly cut down on calories, but rather calculate the number of calories you need to function on a normal basis. Then, build a diet chart around this and avoid empty calories like excessive sugary food.
- Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day which also fuels you into action and can potentially stop you from snacking and overeating.
- Slow: Eat slowly and have small and frequently meals for healthy eating.
Try these healthy eating tips to change your mind set towards food and nutrition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Hi, I am a mom of a 6 months old baby. I had a c-section in october and still I am feeling pain in my knees, legs. I am not able to fold my knees and sit cross-legs because it pains. Can you please help me out with some solution.
Hlo Doc, I have missed period from 3 days, and mostly my menstruation is in regular manner. Can I go for pregnancy kit test tomorrow.
Hi Dr. Meri shadi ko 6 years ho gaye h, but still does not conceive yet. My periods r not normal. Maine 2-3 Dr. se consult bhi kari lekin kuchh nhi hua, dawa kaho to periods aate h or agar nhi khao to nhi aate. Sab Dr. Follicular study karta h to usme aata h ki mere egg bohot late banta h.every time I try my best to conceive. Dr. prescribe me ovashield. Now I am not on medication. I quit everything. Suggest me how should I conceive. How my egg grow n rupture on time. What should I hav in my food n what should I do to b a mother.
Dear Sir, Kindly note that my sister aged 58 years struggling with body swelling and knee and other joints pain. She can't even walk without support because of swelling. The main problem is she is having drug allergy. So she can't take any type of tablet. All reports are normal including CBC, SGOT, SGPT, bilirubin, urine, sugar except hb (9.3) & RA factor (border line) visited various hospital. Few Doctors are suggesting maybe chicken gunia but not sure. Kindly advice for the suitable solutions and specialist doctor to whom I suppose to visit. Kindly revert immediately Thanks.
Hello. Im 30 years male and got marriage in may 2014. I have no children yet. I have gone through sperm analysis test. It was showing pH 8.0 Fructose. + be Sperm count 33 million/ml Wbc/pus cells 6-8/hdf Motility Grade 1 Rapid & progressively linear 50% Grade 2 slow & sluggish linear 15% Grade 3 Whirling & non linear 10% Grade 4 Immotile 25% Morphology Abnormal 40 % Normal 60% Agglutination Absent Impression Normozoospermia. I told same thing to one of my friends who is working as a lab technician. He suggested me to use medicines like BENQ 10 Mg, Nurokind plus and fertile 25 m. I'm taking those medicines past one month. My spouse even gone through scanning and her doctor told her that everything is perfect. Could you please suggest me weather I'm doing correct or any thing need to follow to get better result. Please let me know even diet.
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
If someone is tested for all std negative after one year of exposure. If one partner is infected with genital herpes. Is anything worry about the uninfected partner.
One of my friend complaining that, breast discharges yellow color liquid after squeezing them. Is this serious?
I am 21 years old married female. My height is 4 ft 8 inch and my weight is 58 kg. How to reduce my weight? Do I need to reduce my weight to get pregnant?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I did one foolish thing i. E. Passed some urination, due to sexual emotion (and I am a diabetic patient). Is it leads to any problem to my wife's menstrual matters, why because from the last 6 months she is facing some menstrual problems? And not getting pregnancy. Kindly suggest the remedy.
I am 29 year old women, I have taken saheli oral contraceptive pills for a month and now I am pregnant, I used mtp kit for abortion but little bit bleed occurs even after 24 hr of taking pills. please suggest me what should I do.
Hi doctor. I hav pcod prblm. Doctor suggested me to take metformin and goecyst for one months. I got my periods for 30 to 35 days. I continued same course for another month. Again I got my periods on 35 th day. Later doc suggested me to take ovaa should-DS and metformin and nurosurge (folic acid). Doctor pls tell me does ovaa should helps to get pregnant? How many days it will take to get pregnant? Is there any side effects? Or will it cause delay in periods? Pls let me no wat will happen?
Hello Dr. Meri age 27 years h aur mai unmarried hu Mjhe 2 month se period theek se nhi ho rha h only 2 days ho rha tha, meri date 25thi but abhi tk period nhi hua h hamesha se hi meri date kbhi bhi late nhi hui h pata nhi kyu is baar period kyu nhi hua h.btyiye yeh koi preshni wali baat to nhi h naa. please Dr.
I was taking krimson 35 ocp for last 6 months. I got my withdrawal bleeding regularly in plasbo week. I am asking is there any possibility of getting pregnant if I got my bleeding? Thank you.
Being overweight or obese leads to many health problems and thus, controlling your diet to reduce fat and weight can help you get your life back. However, one the other side of the spectrum, being too skinny can also be unhealthy. You could also be clinically of a proper weight, but might want to put on some muscle. Diets for both the sides will thus vary greatly.
Diet for weight loss:
- Include more of dark leafy vegetables in your diet: These vegetables are store houses of many important nutrients, such as vitamins, proteins, fibers and antioxidants and also contain no fats.
- Cereals and grains: It is important that we replace refined flour and fried foods, such as parathas or poori and replace them with whole healthy grains. Some examples of these grains are whole wheat bread, brown rice, rotis and oats.
- Lean meats: Certain forms of meat, which have been prepared without too much oil and spice are good as weight loss diet ingredients. Chicken, turkey, sweet-water fish among others are good choices.
- Fruits: Fruits are also a good option as they have natural sugar within them and can provide a boost of energy without requiring processed sugars. Melons, Oranges, berries, guavas are all good examples as they also help in regulating body functions.
Diets for weight gain:
- Peanuts: This ingredient is a good source of protein and unsaturated fats, which will help you build muscle and put on some extra weight. If you are working out at the gym to gain muscles peanuts can provide you with the required calories and protein to put on weight.
- Bananas: This fruit is not only a source of potassium, but also a source of good sugar which can easily be converted into energy within the body and can help build muscles and thus enable you to put on weight the healthy way.
- Eggs: Eggs, especially egg yolk is known to be rich in protein and fats and can help you gain weight quickly. However, it is advised not to eat multiple eggs and limit its consumption to three or four eggs weekly as it can contribute to bad cholesterol within the body.
- Chocolate: Some amount of chocolate in your food also helps you to put on weight although excessive consumption may lead to elevated blood sugar levels. However, chocolates in moderation and regularity will help you put on weight healthily.
Related Tip: "Are Detox Diets Good For You?"