Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Rupi JaggiYour feedback matters!
I have fever and cough for more than 6 days and I tried my family doc prescribed medicines also but it doesn't worked it out so what should I do now..
I have been suffering from blocked nose problems during cold it becomes severe and my forehead pains a lot. I fear it may be sinus problem .What should I do know?
Dear sir What can I do my skin is very dry, and what I do for cough in summer? And what action for hair fall?
I am a 40 year old man. I am feeling some breathing problem. What should be dose for nebulization for me.
Sir my chest xray show increased mild bvm marking I show it to doctor he said it is possibility due to allergy what test for it.
Allergic asthma is the condition in which the symptoms of an asthmatic attack appear after exposure to certain allergens. 90% of the cases of asthma in children are allergy driven, while in adults, the percentage is said to be around 50%.
An allergy happens when an individual's immune system exhibits massive reaction or fights vigorously against substances like pollen, dust, animal dander or certain other minute particles which are actually not harmful to the body but are considered so by the immune system.
Symptomatic changes in cases of allergic asthma:
If the symptoms of an asthma attack occur only when you are subjected to these triggers or irritant particles, your case is allergy driven.
- In such cases, the airway reacts aggressively to the entry of such allergens.
- The airway muscles tighten up and inflammation is observed.
- Breathing becomes painful and compromised, and mucus accumulation sets in very quickly.
- Coughing is a common phenomenon, as the body tries to expel the mucus accumulated.
The allergens mentioned above are not the only triggering agents. Basically, anything that causes irritation could trigger an allergy and an asthmatic attack thereafter. Symptoms in the case of allergy driven asthma are more or less the same as seen in other asthmatic cases.
Confirming the cause of asthma as allergic or not:
The doctor would give you a much better clarification on whether you're asthma is allergy driven or not. There are pretty much two ways to decipher the same:
- One is to administer a tiny amount of allergen to the skin and making a note of the reaction to that. Whether the reaction is a normal one or an aggressive one would tell if an individual has an allergy or not.
- Specific IgE test may be done to confirm the cause, or to test the presence of an allergic reaction in the individual.
All your queries pertaining to allergic asthma and asthma, in general, are more than welcome.