Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rupa Sarkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rupa SarkarYour feedback matters!
Hair is one of the most noticeable aspects of a human being, whether you are a man or a woman. However, the increasing use of chemicals and other ingredients in hair care products tends to cause more damage to hair than benefits. Ayurveda offers great solutions for healthy hair without the side effects associated with chemical related products.
Some Ayurvedic tips to keep hair healthy:
Shampoo itself is a derivative of the word champoo, which is an indian concept of soothing or gently massaging the scalp before washing it off. Let's look at some of the ayurvedic tips which may help you get better hair and shine and keep it healthy throughout.
A. Special Ayurvedic oils for massaging on scalp: The best options are usually sesame, brahmi and the most commonly available coconut oil. Massage it on your scalp regularly at least twice a week and leave it overnight before washing it off the next morning.
B. Make sure diet is corrected: Ensure that the food you eat is a part of a balanced diet and it is preferable to avoid junk food altogether. Stay away from carbonated sweetened beverages as well as smoking and drinking. Some of the spices and vegetables that will be helpful in restoring hair health would be:
- Cooking in olive oil or ghee instead of cheap vegetable oils is also beneficial
C. Taking care of digestive or bowel issues: If you suffer from digestive or bowel related issues, then it would be wise to correct that first by the use of laxatives or other medications.
D. Taking care of pitta issues: The pitta, if aggravated, can cause hair fall. There are many techniques in ayurveda which can be used to balance it.
E. Usage of certain herbs in controlled amounts: Usage of the following herbs in controlled amounts can be very good for the health of your hair.
- Aloe vera - aloe vera is the new wonder drug, which is effective in treating many ailments and it is very good for skin and hair as well, whether consumed as food or applied to the hair as an extract.
- Bhringraj - paste made of bhringraj applied to the hair before washing can be very good for the health of the hair.
- Methi - another spice which can be grounded made into a paste and then applied to hair and is known to produce great results.
- Amla - amla is very good while being eaten as it contains vitamin c and fortifies hair health from the inside. Amla paste or extract massaged on hair is also very good for its health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am newly married couple me and my wife age is 20 years. But there is a problem in excitation of my wife. She excited for a short time. I make an effort to excite her but at the time of entering she afraid and a great pain during intercourse after that we have to stop it. So please suggest me what is the problem.
Hi, Exactly 75 days back my wife delivered our baby. It was a cesarean delivery. Can we start having sexual intercourse or we should wait for some more days?
Add pistachios or roasted channa to your diet. Make them your evening munchies, as they help you lower risk of heart disease and help you gain weight.
One medium-sized gajar contains 5 054 micrograms of beta carotene, which is equivalent to 53 % of adult's requirement for Vitamin A. In the body, beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A – an antioxidant that destroys free radicals and prevents damage of the cells. Research has shown that antioxidants like Vitamin A and C found in fruits and vegetables provide protection against non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Vitamin A also prevents night blindness and helps in maintaining healthy skin.
No wonder mum always said that “carrots are good for your eyes and complexion!”
Three things to do with gajar
•Juice them: Choose the orange/red variety of gajar. Chop them into pieces and put them in a juicer. Strain the juice through a sieve. You may combine with other fruit and vegetables like tomatoes, beetroots or spinach. It's best to have juices fresh, rather than canned or packaged, without added sugar.
•Pickle them: If you enjoy pickles, peel and cut the gajar into long 1½ inch pieces, julienne style. Do the same with green papaya, raw mango, green chillies, ginger or fresh turmeric (haldi). In a bowl, add the vegetables and sprinkle on some salt and turmeric. Set aside for 1–2 hours. Drain the water, add vinegar, coarsely ground mustard seeds (rai), then mix. Place the mixture in a glass bottle, ensuring that the vinegar covers the vegetables. The carrot pickle (gajar ka achar) will be ready to eat after 2–3 days, and you can keep it for up to two weeks.
•Grate them: Grate the gajar and add them to your salads, sandwiches, cakes, muffins, idlis, dosas, parathas, cutlets, tikkis and kheer. It's a good way to get fussy eaters – especially children – to eat more vegetables. Traditionally in India, grated gajar is used to make Gajar ka Halwa which is eaten as a warm dessert during the winter months.
Arthritis is caused by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and gout.
Here are some tips, which help you in preventing arthritis:
- Exercise: Strengthening your muscles around your joint decreases the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
- Take Omega-3 fatty acids: Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
- Eat ginger and broccoli: Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.4. Avoid injury Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
- Take Vitamins: Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges.
- Avoid injury: Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.