Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Bach Flower Aroma Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Rukmini NairYour feedback matters!
Headache is one of the most common maladies which refers to a pain sensation in the head. It may itself be an ailment or may be the symptom of any other illness. Headaches can last for a short time or may persist up to several weeks depending on its cause or type. Many reasons can trigger headache.
The following are eight reasons why you might get that headache
- Stress: Physical stress or emotional stress can be identified as one of the most common causes for your headache. Tension, anxiety and depression may trigger a headache. This is also known as tension headache. In this condition, the muscles of your scalp, neck, face and jaw tighten, thus causing pain. Fatigue may also lead to this type of headache.
- Eye problems: Sometimes eye problems may be the cause of your headache. Diseases such as glaucoma can cause headache. Straining your eyes for seeing distant objects or glaring at your computer screen for long can also result in headache.
- Eating and sleeping pattern: Change in eating and sleeping pattern can also cause headache. Inadequate sleep or caffeine withdrawal can give you terrible headache sometimes.
- Ear, nose or throat disorders: Ear, nose or throat problems can also give rise to headache. Sinus caused by cold or infection, tonsillitis or throat infections can also prompt a headache.
- Medication: Excessive use of medication can be a factor responsible for your headache. This is also known as rebound headache.
- Dental problems: Jaw or dental problems sometimes may trigger a mild headache which can turn severe also. The alignment of lower and upper jaw, tooth decay may be some of the causes for headache.
- Hormonal problems: Sometimes a decline of your estrogen levels can also be a reason for your headache.
- Bad posture: Sometimes, poor posture may strain the muscles of your back and neck, triggering a headache.
Headache can be very annoying. Sometimes pain relief medicines help in controlling headache, but consuming them regularly may affect your health. You must consult a doctor in order to get your headache treated in a proper manner.