Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruhani KantoorYour feedback matters!
IVF (in vitro fertilisation) and surrogacy are alternative methods of having a baby and can be resorted to when a couple cannot conceive the natural way. There are three things you must keep in mind before making a choice between IVF or surrogacy:
Surrogacy is opted for when the woman is unable to conceive by natural means and when there's no possibility of her getting pregnant whatsoever. Surrogacy can be of two types- full surrogacy and partial surrogacy. On the other hand, IVF works towards the treatment of infertility in one or both the partners, enabling the woman partner to conceive the child. IVF involves the fertilisation of a woman's eggs by the sperm of the intended father in a laboratory dish. The developed embryo (or fertilised egg) is then implanted in the woman's uterus.
Risks of surrogacy include multiple births, ectopic pregnancy (implantation of the fertilised egg in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus, leading to miscarriage) and birth defects in the child, to name a few. As for risks associated with IVF, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (swollen and painful ovaries), multiple births, ectopic pregnancy and stress can take place if IVF is opted for.
Surrogacy requires the fulfilment of complex legal processes, such as determining eligibility, matching profiles of surrogates with intended parents, finding of a potential surrogate and more, which require proper legal counselling. Besides the cost of surrogacy in India is higher than IVF.
IVF does not involve any such processes and is easier to carry out. The low cost of IVF in comparison to surrogacy makes it a much more viable option. Based on these factors, you can make the choice of a procedure that is best suited for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Almost every couple wishes to have a family of their own. They eagerly wait to be expecting parents. It is a joyous, yet delicate occurrence in one's life. But sometimes, you might be deprived of this. For one reason or another, some couples are not able to conceive.
in vitro fertilization (IVF) is a good option for couples who want to conceive but cannot. But there is one other option if IVF fails that is surrogacy. In fact, many women with fertility problems opt for surrogacy.
Surrogacy is of two types:
- Traditional surrogacy: When the father's sperm is used to artificially inseminate the surrogate mother, then it is termed as traditional surrogacy. In this case, the surrogate mother is the biological mother. Donor sperm may also be used.
- Gestational surrogacy: In this case, IVF is used. The egg from the mother and the sperm from the father is used to create an embryo. Then the embryo is placed into the surrogate's uterus. Here, the surrogate mother is only the "birth mother". The biological mother is one whose eggs were used.
Surrogacy is an expensive procedure. But still, it should be considered if you have been trying to conceive for too long. Why choose a surrogate mother in that case? There are various answers to that question.
If you are a woman, then you can consider surrogacy for the following reasons:
1. Medical issues with your uterus:
- You have your uterus surgically removed (hysterectomy)
- Other medical conditions that can have dangerous effects when pregnant, like heart diseases.
2. The other obvious reason would be if your IVF cycle fails. It can be quite devastating to invest so much time and effort in IVF and not have any positive result. Surrogacy can prove to be beneficial in this case.
3. Surrogate mothers can help people who wish for parenthood but cannot adopt a child because of their marital conditions or age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I have pain under my right breast. It became worst while taking deep breath or changing positions while sleeping. And also pain starts at the middle. Does this pain relates to ribs or sternum. What it is. Is it serious. Please advice..
Hi doc I am married female trying to conceive from one year no problem was diagnosed during follicular study hsg sperm count all are normal but I have white discharge from 10 the day of my cycle till next period date can it affect my conception please help or suggest me any treatment or tablets so that I can get pregnant in next month.
Hello, My last LMP was 15th june, 2015 On 20th July, I did urine test it was a faint pink line. But I got periods for a single day on 20th. Then I did HCG blood test on 20th, the count was 44. On 24th again I did HCG blood test, the court was 158 And on 28th it was 540. There was nothing seen in sonography. I am really very confused am I pregnant?
Calcium is an essential mineral that is required by the body for various functions. It is used for building and maintaining strong bones and teeth. It is also used in the cardiovascular and nervous systems for preventing all kinds of health conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lyme disease, etc.
It is, thus, extremely necessary to have calcium-rich foods as a part of your daily diet. Dairy products constitute as the primary source of calcium on an everyday basis. Of these, milk and curd are the two most important. But in case, you're wondering which one of the two is better for you, read on to find out.
There has been much debate about which is the better source of calcium - milk or curd. In very simple terms, milk ranks higher than curd in terms of calcium content. 100g of milk contains around 125mg of calcium, whereas 100g of curd has a lower calcium content of approximately 85mg. So if you really want to up your calcium intake, milk will be a better choice.
Other health benefits:
If one is to take into consideration other health benefits provided by these two food products, curd takes the lead by a landslide.
Following are the known benefits of curd:
- It is far easier to digest
- It is a suitable dairy product for those who are lactose intolerant
- It cleanses the digestive tract
- It prevents infections of the stomach and intestines
In the end, it's for you to decide what your body needs more. If it requires more calcium, choosing milk would be wise; but if you cannot digest milk, opting for curd will ensure you get a healthy dose of calcium along with scores of other health benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 31 years old man and my wife is 27 years old women and my marriage is last four year and I have no child what can I do please tell me.
I am 21 years old I have problem in my periods I get periods on 18 April then it delayed on next month and periods come on 23 may and on 23 may I have sex without precaution on the 1st day of mensuration and now its 28 june but periods are not coming please help me out as soon as possible.
My friend had a sex with his bf for the 1st time and he used condom also it is necessary to take pills for safety she dont know weather condom was broken or not and she had sex on friday and now also she is getting little bit bleeding while doing urine may I know y any thing she has to do.
I am 29 years old I get early periods from 9 or 10 months I have consulted to gynecologist and there is no problem in my usg and I have hypothyroid but in normal value then what is reason may be this 18-20 days period
How v wil get to know tat girl has climaxed or not? As for boys, v wil cum at the peak of pleasure. How to know if girl has reached her climax or not? How to give her maximum pleasure?
Hello madam Dr. ne mujhe tab Ovigyn dsr and tab Q gold f diya hai, last period maine 29 June ko dekha tha pr abhi tak mujhe period nahi aaya hain, pichhle 8 din mujhe lower abdomen pain, thakawat, back ache aur lo fever tha, pr abhi aisa kuch nahi hain. Kya medicine ke karan period nahi aa raha hain ya maine conceive kiya hain kuch pta nahi chal raha hai. please help me.
My period date is 2/7/2017. Till I have not getting any period symptoms. I feel nausea and acidity. My doctor prescribe me omez d sr. When I take this medicine I feel better. I have unprotected sex before months. I can't understand whats wrong with me? I am trying for baby. I have not get my period exact time.
We all have heard our grandparents telling us, that drinking water stored in a copper vessel is beneficial to our health. So much so that some people have glasses and jugs made of copper that they use exclusively to store and drink water. So, do you think this belief really has any scientific logic?
According to ayurveda, water stored in a copper vessel has the ability to balance all the three doshas in your body, (vata, kapha and pitta) and it does so by positively charging the water. The water stored in a copper vessel is known as ‘tamara jal’ and is supposed to be consumed after storing the water in a copper vessel for at least eight hours.
When water is stored in a copper vessel, the copper gently leaches into the water and lends it all its positive properties. The best part about this water is that it never becomes stale and can be stored this way for long periods of time.
- Try drinking water stored in a copper vessel regularly. Apart from fine tuning our digestive system to perform better, copper also helps our body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently, thereby, helping our body keep only what it will use and throw out the rest, hence helping in weight loss.
- Copper has properties that stimulate peristalsis (the rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the stomach that helps food get digested and move along the digestive tract), kill harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation within the stomach, making it a great remedy for ulcers, indigestion and infections.
- Copper strengthens our immune system and aid in the production of new cells. Copper is also known to help wounds within the body, especially the stomach.
- Copper has been found to help regulate blood pressure, heart rate and lowers one’s cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also helps prevent the accumulation of plaque and has the documented effect of dilating blood vessels to allow better flow of blood to the heart.
- Copper is known to be oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria), and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against e. Coli and s. Aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and known to cause severe illnesses in the human body. Copper is known to help prevent common water-borne diseases like diarrhoea, dysentery and jaundice.
- Copper has very potent anti-inflammatory properties. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints – like in the case of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This is why drinking water infused with copper is a great option for relief from aches and pains of these diseases.
- Right from cell formation to aiding in the absorption of iron, copper is an essential mineral for the functioning of your body. This is one of the reasons that it also helps in keeping anemia at bay. An essential component in the entire process of absorbing and using iron present in the body, copper helps keep the levels of haeme (iron) up and regulates its flow in your blood vessels.
- Copper is the main component in the production of melanin (a pigment that mitigates the color of your eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies. Apart from that copper also aids in the production of new cells that help replenish the top most layers of our skin. While melanin helps the body stay safe from sun damage, speeds up wound healing and covers up scars, the production of new cells is a boon for smooth, blemish-free and clear skin.
- While buying copper utensil, one very easy way to distinguish between pure copper and an adulterated version is to know that copper is a very soft metal and pure copper is difficult to mould into intricate shapes. So if the design of your copper vessel is very intricate, it is most probably not made with pure copper.
To wash copper utensil from inside, do not use a coarse scrub as it will tend to scrape away copper from the vessel. Instead, use one half of a lemon (you can squeeze out the juice) and rub it on the inside of the vessel. Allow it to stand for a few minutes and then wash off with plain water. Alternatively you could also try using baking soda with water. Use this mixture to coat the inside of the vessel and allow it to stand for a few minutes and rinse away the excess baking soda.
Drinking water twice or thrice in a day from a copper vessel is more than enough to reap its benefits.