Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruchika Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchika SharmaYour feedback matters!
I was not having periods, I got sonography, multiple hormonal tests done everything came in normal however my prolactin level came as quite high after M.R.I it was detected m having micro 8.8 mm prolactinoma. The docs gave me medicine n all expressed that nothing is wrong and its treatable by a single medicine. But my concern is though its all benign and all treatable but am I prone to get cancer as compared to others or its just my anxiety and another main concern is m feeling tired and a bit light headedness so can you please send me the name of an effective medicine which helps me get relieve my fatigueness. Please please ill be highly obliged as I want to get normal and active as i.was before. Thanks in advance.
For most men, arousal’s not hard (pun indented). But there are some circumstances where things get awkward and sometimes, embarrassing. Read on to find the most easy ways to enhance arousal in men.
- Confidence: The most important thing for any man or woman to enjoy and have a satisfactory sexual life is confidence. Men and women both suffer from negative thoughts, especially when they have low self-esteem, body issues, stress or personal concerns. Leaving all that at the bedroom door and embracing yourself and your partner in the bedroom will result in an amazing sexual experience.
- Relaxation: This means relaxing yourself and completely getting lost in the moment. Dim the lights, open the bottle of wine, play music and get comfortable. While nervousness and anxiety can so easily ruin the mood, being calm and relaxed will enhance it.
- Communication: Communicating with your partner in terms of what you like and what you don’t, can make the experience more enriching for the both of you. Being open with your partner not only makes things easier but also helps you relax and enjoy the moment.
- Being patient and understanding: This is for both men and women; the only way to fully enjoy any sexual experience is when you’re comfortable with each other. Slow and steady wins the race. This means that you should take the time to know what your partner likes and doesn’t.
- Healthy lifestyle: If you think your penis is all you need during sexual intercourse, think again. If you’re not healthy, chances are you won’t perform at the moment. Smoking, alcohol consumption and drug abuse all lead to very poor sexual performance and so do poor diets, hygiene and lack of self-care.
- Exercise: Testosterone is an androgen which is produced in the testicles. It also plays a huge role in promoting sexual desire. Regular exercise helps increase testosterone production. Testosterone also helps in increasing lean muscle, burning fat and slowing the aging process.
- Supplements: Some of us may suffer from disorders or hormonal imbalances that may prevent us from reaching our desired sexual goals. There are pills and medications to help with that. Consumption of foods with aphrodisiac properties also helps in getting aroused and increasing sexual desire. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 26 years women having pcod my last period date is 28 feb I have taken 12 hmg 150 mg injection and on 17th march I take iui my husband semen report is ok I am on glyciphage 500 and sustain 300 mg tablet on 23 and 24 march I have very light bleeding of brown colour and pain in abdomen and back pain now what should I do.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 9th june but I took unwanted 72 tablet after an hour of this deed. Now received my periods on 14 june but I am feeling very tired and i'm having abdominal pain also i'm not able to eat anything after eating I feel like vomiting. please tell me what is the matter am I pregnant and also suggest some remedy for my problem. Thank You.
A miscarriage can have adverse effects on both physical and emotional health. The impact of one such event can last for a very long time and harm your social behavior and thus, relationships. It is important to understand that in most cases, it is no one's fault. A number of things can go wrong naturally during the development of the fetus and so, the feelings of guilt, shame and anger are best avoided. Here are the common causes responsible for miscarriages:
- Chromosomal defects: Chromosomal abnormalities are responsible for more than half of the miscarriages around the world. The development conditions like Turner syndrome, cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome etc. can be detected by the system and upon detection, the system often chooses to shut itself down leading to a miscarriage. If the cause of the miscarriage is identified as a chromosomal flaw, then a maternal and fetal specialist or a genetic counsellor can help solve the problem.
- Diabetes: Pregnant women develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes mellitus in the past. This condition is known as Gestational diabetes mellitus. It occurs primarily due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result in a variety of complications, the most severe one being a miscarriage. A miscarriage may also be caused by a chronic diabetic condition.
- Thyroid conditions: Both hypothyroidism (low production of thyroid hormones) and hyperthyroidism (high production of thyroid hormones) can be responsible for miscarriages. In case of hypothyroidism, the body produces more of the other hormones in order to make up for the deficiency and this interferes with the reproductive cycle. In case of hypothyroidism, the functionality of the estrogen hormone is compromised due to the over production of other hormones.
- Separation of the sperm DNA: The sperm DNA is divided or separated due to a number of possible reasons like radiation therapy, chemotherapy, smoking, overexposure to heat etc. and it does not fertilize the egg properly i.e. the DNA is not delivered efficiently. The eggs can sometimes repair the damage in the DNA but this does not happen, a miscarriage is the likely outcome. The condition in males can be treated depending on the reason for the damage in the sperm.
I got married on April 2013. I started trying for baby from september 2014.(not yet succeed) I have irregular periods from august 2014. On january 2015 I came to know that I have thyroid. Doc prescribed me thyronorm 50mcg. Nxt month my tsh level came normal and doc also prescribed me ubiphene, fertigem, ovabless and fertisure f in jan and feb. But I am not get pregnant. Before taking medicine my cycle length was 35 days. But in feb and march it was 30 days cyle length. Then I thought I have to try without medicine and my irregular periods again start. So I went to new doc. She have done all test of me and my husband. All negative except tsh level 27.76 and ESR 40mm and mantoux test positive. She said she have to do laparoscopy to check is there any infection in my peliv area or my tubes are blocked. On the basis of ESR and positive mantoux test. Should I have to do laparoscopy. Or my periods are irregular due to high tsh. I am so much confused. I want baby soon. Is there any chance that my tsh normal then my periods normal and I try for baby and get pregnant.
I-pill se periods delay ho jaati hai Kya. I have doubt that I might get pregnant after yesterday night.
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
- Chamomilla is used when the individual might be excessively touchy and feels extreme pain even if it is not that painful. The blood might be dark with large clots with a scarlet red hue. The person might also have extreme mood swings. Also, excruciating pain extends down the inner thighs. The individual tends to crave frosty beverages and the pain is more pronounced when she is lying down. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Sir, Is there delay in periods after taking unwanted 72 and my 2nd question is after how many days of sex pregnancy test should be done?
Hi doctor my weight is gaining now 2-3months over hair fall also is there now my neck also paining some one told to me its thyroid problem but I'm now little scared I want 2nd baby so it will problem me what problem I have any problems will come for conceive? Please tell me.
Got periods on 3 sep. Had unprotected sex on 7 sep. Now she got her periods on 5 oct. Is impossible dat she can be pregnant. As some says anyone can have periods while pregnancy. She is really worried. She did not take any test. Please clarify. Can she b pregnant.
Had an unprotected sex with my bf before my period on 11 sep 2016. But he ejaculated sperms outside the vagina during sex. And I am scared so I started eating papayas from the next day. And I got my period on 16th sep which was late by 2 days. Is there a chance of getting pregnant even.
I am breastfeeding my son of 11 months old. Within a month my weight suddenly got reduced by 5 kg. Is it OK? Also I am having Severe pain in my back neck along left hand side. What to do for reducing the pain?
Women who are in the habit of pleasuring themselves regularly are likely to enjoy better and satisfying love lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits.
Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Psychological or mental benefits of female masturbation:
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you understand your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life.
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called dopamine, increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.