Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am a chain smoker, from one week I am suffering from severe gum pain, reddish skin over the operculum of the wisdom teeth, and swelling around the area, rest of teeth are good. I am a drinker for 2 years and stopped drinking 2 years ago. I am afraid if they are symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do now ?
Have a bank job that requires me to have 50% time travelling. But am having a shearing pain in my gums for the past 5 days. Unable to sleep or chew without pain killers. Kindly advice.
Hello doctor! I have Tooth problem, in incisor. Before 10 years I fell down on the ground and my right incisor broke partially. A dentist treated it formally, pain and swelling vanished. But it starts again paining and swelling gum, harmonically and regularly. When it take pain killer pain lost. How can I get ride of this pain permanently? Please help me.
I sometimes feel terrible pain around my molar teeth (especially during winter season) which leads to severe pain around my neck, ear and temple. I. E. One side of my face. The molar teeth is not fully developed and has black spots in it. What might be the reason and what is the treatment?
Tooth sensitivity is a condition when the nerve ending in the teeth are overly sensitive to hold hot and cold conditions. Drinking and eating hot or cold food may cause a sharp pain in the tooth. A material called dentin, which is what makes up the inside of your tooth, is protected by the enamel in the crown and the cementum in the root of the tooth. In cases when the dentin loses its covering, teeth may be become sensitive.
Causes of sensitive teeth
1. Inflammation caused by bacteria may lead to sensitive teeth.
2. Gum diseases such as gingivitis may cause the gums to retract and reveal the roots of your teeth.
3. Constantly grinding your teeth can cause the enamel to break down, which leads to exposure of the dentin.
4. Accumulation of plaque can cause sensitive teeth.
5. Various acidic foods such as lemon cause the enamel to be worn out.
6. Sensitive teeth is caused by decay of the tooth.
7. Various dental procedures such as teeth restoration and cleaning of the teeth cause the teeth to be sensitive.
Treatments for sensitive teeth
1. You need to use dental products that contain fluoride. Fluoride products tend to decrease teeth sensitivity.
2. Restrict consumption of acidic foods such as lemon and some dairy products.
3. If you grind your teeth then start using mouth guard.
4. Follow proper dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing on a regular basis to keep teeth sensitivity at bay.
5. You should use a toothbrush that has soft bristles so that the gum tissue is not affected while brushing.
6. You may use a toothpaste that has been made for people who have sensitive teeth.
7. You may apply fluoride varnishes to root surfaces that have been exposed.
8. You may cover up root surfaces with white fillings.
9. Application of dentin sealers to root surfaces that have been exposed may help in preventing tooth sensitivity.
10. Laser is also effective to fix tooth sensitivity.