Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Some germs in my teeth and they crating a problems when I eat sweet, teeth gives pain so please suggest what should I do so that I can remove all germs in my teeth and its killing my teeth.
I'm having elevated teeth bulging out of my lips at upper row. I have put braces already in age of 17 but I can't continue it due to some reasons. So it came out again. Can I put braces again? is there any problem in future? please clear me with price. I need cheap and best clinic to put brace. Thanks.
Periodontitis is a serious gum infection that damages the soft tissue and destroys the bone that supports your teeth. Periodontitis can cause tooth loss or worse, an increased risk of heart attack or stroke and other serious health problems.
Periodontitis is common but largely preventable. Periodontitis is usually the result of poor oral hygiene. Brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily and getting regular dental checkups can greatly reduce your chance of developing periodontitis.
In most cases, periodontitis is preventable. It is usually caused by poor dental hygiene.
Signs and Symptoms of Periodontitis
- Swollen gums
- Bright red or purplish gums
- Gums that feel tender when touched
- Gums that pull away from your teeth (recede), making your teeth look longer than normal
- New spaces developing between your teeth
- Pus between your teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Factors that can increase your risk of periodontitis include:
- Poor oral health habits
- Tobacco use
- Older age
- Decreased immunity, such as that occurring with leukemia, HIV/AIDS or chemotherapy
- Poor nutrition
- Certain medications
- Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy or menopause
- Substance abuse
- Poor-fitting dental restorations
- Problems with the way your teeth fit together when biting
If periodontitis isn't advanced, treatment may involve less invasive procedures, including:
- Scaling. Scaling removes tartar and bacteria from your tooth surfaces and beneath your gums.
- Root Planing. Root planing smoothes the root surfaces, discouraging further buildup of tartar and bacterial endotoxin.
- Antibiotics. Your periodontist or dentist may recommend using topical or oral antibiotics to help control bacterial infection.
If you have advanced periodontitis, your gum tissue may not respond to non-surgical treatments and good oral hygiene. In that case, periodontitis treatment may require dental surgery, such as:
- Flap surgery (pocket reduction surgery): The healthcare professional performs flap surgery to remove calculus in deep pockets, or to reduce the pocket so that keeping it clean is easier. The gums are lifted back and the tartar is removed. The gums are then sutured back into place so they fit closely to the tooth. After surgery, the gums will heal and high tightly around the tooth. In some cases the teeth may eventually seem longer than they used to.
- Bone and tissue grafts: This procedure helps regenerate bone or gum tissue that has been destroyed. With bone grafting, new natural or synthetic bone is placed where bone was lost, promoting bone growth.
In a procedure called 'guided tissue regeneration', a small piece of mesh-like material is inserted between the gum tissue and bone. This stops the gum from growing into bone space, giving the bone and connective tissue a chance to regrow.
The dentist may also use special proteins (growth factors) that help the body regrow bone naturally.
I am 18 years old and I was suffering from teeth ache for last two months and I take medicine but it does not relief me what I have to do to got relief from the pain.
I have mouth infection and this leads to a severe patches / grooves inside my mouth and my doctor says my small intestine last part which takes the b-complex from food is not working and giving me injections of b-complex, it happens whenever I go out of town and eat outside food, some ingredients which I am unable to figure out initiates this problem and takes 5-7 days to course if I take b-complex injection on alternate days. My doctor says there is no permanent solution of this problem. Can your expert doctor panel advice on this problem.
I have a problem in my gums and teeth. They start bleeding when ever I eat hard food and I also feel pain in my teeth.
Need to undergo root canal treatment as advised by a doctor near to my home. Please suggest whether it will pain a lot? also I am postponing it since I don't have any idea where to take treatment without pain. Please suggest. Thanks.
Did you know that transforming your smile can have an outstanding impact on your life and career?
if the eyes are the window to your soul then the smile is the window to your personality.
Ever wondered why some celebrities seem to have that eternal smile and appeal like all they need to be wearing is their smile. A beautiful smile while being visually attractive, ageless and timeless is what sets you apart. Here's exploring how a winning smile can change it all for you as an aspiring actor and if it is that x factor you were always looking for!
Is your smile the only thing standing between you and a great career?
While beauty lies in the eye of the beholder this is undeniable that as the world becomes a global village, the media portrays profound respect for beauty as a fundamental measure of perfection.
People are unwilling to accept anything less than the best. The positivity and dynamism within must reflect without.
A career in the limelight, as an actor, a celebrity, an anchor or a performer is a dream come true for most! as glamorous as it seems it can often be very demanding on all fronts. While rigorous competition and long hours are just some of the challenges your key focus even before your skill is your visual appeal or attractiveness.
Smile its role in physical attractiveness
a smile can be attractive, a prime asset to a person's appearance and it can be a powerful factor in the ego and desirable life experiences of a human being. It cannot be treated with indifference because of its deep emotional significance.
Science of smile design
Smile design as a concept evolved almost a century ago, to address the aesthetic needs of the smile and the face as a whole.
Many artistic and scientific principles when considered collectively can create a beautiful smile. These principles are established through data collected from patients, diagnostic models, dental research, scientific measurements and basic artistic concepts of beauty.
A smile makeover is a complex procedure involving a variety of dental procedures that form what is called the speciality of cosmetic or aesthetic dentistry. If you are insecure about your smile or are unsure if you need a smile makeover, just consult your dentist.
The articles to follow will elaborate how and when each one is required to make your smile a shining star just like you!
This is the first of a series of many articles on cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers and how they impact the film and television industries.
Do leave your comments below, we would love to hear what you thought about the article.
Second thing you can do is go to dentist for saying him/her hello and get your teeth clinically examined at least twice in a year.
The above tips are time tested and reliable.
If you can do that much, you are sure to stay out of that dental chair majority of times.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.