Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
I am 50 years old suffering from pain radiating in both the legs from past 6mn please help me to come out of my pain.
I am 60 years old retiree.In recent days I am experiencing pain in my toes. When I get up in the morning ,for few minutes I can't touch my toes on the ground as touching make toes painful. This painful condition remain through out the day.
My mother is on bed first of all she has a fracture in right hip later on developed infection doctors operated and remove the plate implanted and the after that spacer in implanted in latter stage infection is developed in uti and there is hundred percent puss in urine and culture eport says that there is ecoli bacteria is seen. Now she has a problem of vomitting nothing is digested only given liquids such as coconut water little milk or some juice. No solid food is taken by her as she try immediately vomits it out. She is also diabitic her condition is critical since last fortnight so please advice what should we do
I am a male aged 45 years suffering from low back pain since 2002 xray shows deformity in l3&l4 please give suggestion.
I have started running on treadmill 2 months back. Now I developed pain in the heal or sole while walking. Suggest permanent treatment for iy.
I have pain in my back from last night. I take medicine too. But it does not help. Please advise me what to do.
I got 9000 rank in jee advance last year and could not get into iits. Since then I get depresses occasionally when I start thinking as it was my aim from my very childhood. Kindly suggest me some way to get back to my study.
I am male 25 years old. I consulted the doctor for my leg pain. He old me that it is" shin splints" he advised me to take rest. I have bow knee. I need to know the reason for this and is there any possibility to overcome bow leg.
I am a 29 years lady and I have white discharge problem and backache problem from past 8 months what should I do?
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.