Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi TandonYour feedback matters!
Thalassaemia, which is commonly referred to as thal, is a disorder of the blood which is inherited from the previous generation. This condition triggers the production of abnormal red blood cells in the body which in turn paves the way for chronic anaemia. Red blood cells play an indispensable role in carrying oxygen all through the body and hence any abnormality in this regard can result in thalassemia, the symptoms of which include, weakness all over the body, fatigue, faint and shortness of breath.
Understanding the type of thalassemia:
Thalassaemia is often thought to be an iron deficiency disease (anaemia), but can be differentiated with the aid of certain blood tests. This disease is a lifelong condition which requires efficient management. The type of thalassemia an individual is suffering from can be attributed to the number of faulty genes the person has inherited.
The two variants of thalassaemia are beta and alpha. In the case of alpha thalassemia, having one faulty gene would lead to no health problems while two faulty genes can cause mild anaemia. If there are three mutated genes, it will cause Haemoglobin H disease, and regular blood transfusions may be required. But an unborn child with four mutated genes will not be viable enough to survive the pregnancy.
The beta thalassaemia also comes in various forms. The beta thalassaemia major needs lifelong transfusion of blood and it is the most common form of thalassaemia across the world. The beta thalassemia intermedia do not have to depend on blood transfusion.
The treatment option for mild thalassaemia is entirely dependent on the type of the disease and how intense it is. When the disease is on a mild and minor level, then there may not be need of any comprehensive treatment. But at times, blood transfusions become necessary especially after undergoing surgery or when the thalassaemia causes complications.
People who are affected by severe levels of beta thalassaemia will require transfusion of blood from time to time. The treatment also causes an overload of iron and thus it is important to remove the surplus iron content. There are several oral medications available for this, and the healthcare provider can recommend suitable medications.
Managing moderate to severe thalassaemia:
Some of the most general methods of managing and treating thalassaemia include
- Frequent blood transfusions: When the thalassaemia gets too severe, it becomes necessary to opt for blood transfusion after every few weeks. The blood transfusion can cause iron build up with the passage of time. This, in turn, can affect the heart and lungs along with other crucial organs. Therefore, it is important to take medicines that can eliminate the extra iron.
- Stem cell transplant: Also referred to as the bone marrow transplant, the stem cell transplant can be the best bet. It is recommended for kids who are born with severe thalassaemia. This treatment option can mitigate the need of a lifelong transfusion of blood and intake of drugs for controlling the iron overload.
Upper lateral portion of my breast is paining. I can feel it While walking fast, climbing down steps etc. There are two more days for ma exact period date. This pain started three days back. Please help.
We are not planned for kids at the moment, When should I participate in sex after her date, Can you please mention specific time period in a month.
I have tested twice of my pregnancy but the result is negative and have missed my periods for 3 weeks. I am not having any symptoms of pregnancy so what is my problem. What should I do to have regular periods.
My periods not come in this month I will waiting for this for last 15 days So what should I do? Please advice.
Hi After my period a white liquid secrets from my vagina regularly. Say 1-2 times in a weak. I am now of 20 and my weight is 38 kg. Is it normal for a women or this is anything serious. please help me.
A backache in pregnancy. Is normally seen. To remain a backache free use a flat shoe, maintain right posture, avoid heavy weight, use warm water for bath. Keep changing your posture. Learn exercise, take vit d calcium rich food.
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Am I pregnant? What should I be eating? Is it normal to be this tired? How can I help my partner during labour?
Raising a child with dyslexia can stir up a lot of emotions. You may look ahead and wonder if this learning issue will affect your child's future. But dyslexia is not a prediction of failure. Dyslexia is quite common, and many successful individuals have dyslexia.
Research has proven that there are different ways of teaching that can help people with dyslexia succeed. There's a lot you can do as a parent too.
What are the symptoms of dyslexia?
Because dyslexia affects some people more severely than others, your child's symptoms may look different from those in another child. Some kids with dyslexia have trouble with reading and spelling. Others may struggle to write or to tell left from right.
Dyslexia can also make it difficult for people to express themselves clearly. It can be hard for them to structure their thoughts during conversation. They may have trouble finding the right words to say.
Others struggle to understand what they're hearing. This is especially true when someone uses nonliteral language such as jokes and sarcasm.
The signs you see may also look different at various ages. Some of the warning signs for dyslexia, such as a speech delay, appear before a child reaches kindergarten. More often, though, dyslexia is identified in grade school. As schoolwork gets more demanding, trouble processing language becomes more apparent.
Here are some signs to look out for:
- Warning Signs in Preschool or Kindergarten
- Has trouble recognizing the letters of the alphabet
- Struggles to match letters to sounds, such as not knowing what sounds b or h make
- Has difficulty blending sounds into words, such as connecting C-H-A-T to the word chat
- Struggles to pronounce words correctly, such as saying 'mawn lower' instead of 'lawn mower'
- Has difficulty learning new words
- Has a smaller vocabulary than other kids the same age
- Has trouble learning to count or say the days of the week and other common word sequences
- Has trouble rhyming
Warning Signs in Grade School or Middle School
- Struggles with reading and spelling
- Confuses the order of letters, such as writing 'left' instead of 'felt'
- Has trouble remembering facts and numbers
- Has difficulty gripping a pencil
- Has difficulty using proper grammar
- Has trouble learning new skills and relies heavily on memorization
- Gets tripped up by word problems in math
- Has a tough time sounding out unfamiliar words
- Has trouble following a sequence of directions
Warning Signs in High School
- Struggles with reading out loud
- Doesn't read at the expected grade level
- Has trouble understanding jokes or idioms
- Has difficulty organizing and managing time
- Struggles to summarize a story
- Has difficulty learning a foreign language
Skills that are affected by Dyslexia
Dyslexia doesn't just affect reading and writing. Here are some everyday skills and activities your child may be struggling with because of this learning issue:
- Appears bright, highly intelligent, and articulate but unable to read, write, or spell at grade level.
- Labelled lazy, dumb, careless, immature, "not trying hard enough," or "behavior problem."
- Isn't "behind enough" or "bad enough" to be helped in the school setting.
- High in IQ, yet may not test well academically; tests well orally, but not written.
- Feels dumb; has poor self-esteem; hides or covers up weaknesses with ingenious compensatory strategies; easily frustrated and emotional about school reading or testing.
- Talented in art, drama, music, sports, mechanics, story-telling, sales, business, designing, building, or engineering.
- Seems to "Zone out" or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.
- Difficulty sustaining attention; seems "hyper" or "daydreamer."
- Learns best through hands-on experience, demonstrations, experimentation, observation, and visual aids.
Vision, Reading, and Spelling Skills:
- Complains of dizziness, headaches or stomach aches while reading.
- Confused by letters, numbers, words, sequences, or verbal explanations.
- Reading or writing shows repetitions, additions, transpositions, omissions, substitutions, and reversals in letters, numbers and/or words.
- Complains of feeling or seeing non-existent movement while reading, writing, or copying.
- Seems to have difficulty with vision, yet eye exams don't reveal a problem.
- Extremely keen sighted and observant, or lacks depth perception and peripheral vision.
Reads and rereads with little comprehension:
- Spells phonetically and inconsistently.
- Hearing and Speech Skills
- Has extended hearing; hears things not said or apparent to others; easily distracted by sounds.
- Difficulty putting thoughts into words; speaks in halting phrases; leaves sentences incomplete; stutters under stress; mispronounces long words, or transposes phrases, words, and syllables when speaking.
Writing and Motor Skills:
- Trouble with writing or copying; pencil grip is unusual; handwriting varies or is illegible.
- Clumsy, uncoordinated, poor at ball or team sports; difficulties with fine and/or gross motor skills and tasks; prone to motion-sickness.
- Can be ambidextrous, and often confuses left/right, over/under.
- Math and Time Management Skills
- Has difficulty telling time, managing time, learning sequenced information or tasks, or being on time.
- Computing math shows dependence on finger counting and other tricks; knows answers, but can't do it on paper.
- Can count, but has difficulty counting objects and dealing with money.
- Can do arithmetic, but fails word problems; cannot grasp algebra or higher math.
Memory and Cognition:
- Excellent long-term memory for experiences, locations, and faces.
- Poor memory for sequences, facts and information that has not been experienced.
- Thinks primarily with images and feeling, not sounds or words (little internal dialogue).
- Behavior, Health, Development and Personality
- Extremely disorderly or compulsively orderly.
- Can be class clown, trouble-maker, or too quiet.
- Had unusually early or late developmental stages (talking, crawling, walking, tying shoes).
- Prone to ear infections; sensitive to foods, additives, and chemical products.
- Can be an extra deep or light sleeper; bedwetting beyond appropriate age.
- Unusually high or low tolerance for pain.
- Strong sense of justice; emotionally sensitive; strives for perfection.
What can be done at home for dyslexia?
Helping your child with dyslexia can be a challenge, particularly if you're never been confident in your own reading and writing skills. But you don't have to be an expert to help work on certain skills or strengthen your child's self-esteem.
Keep in mind that kids (and families) are all different, so not all options will work for you. Don't panic if the first strategies you try aren't effective. You may need to try several approaches to find what works best for your child. Here are some things you can try at home:
- Read out loud every day
- Tap into your child's interests
- Use audiobooks
- Look for apps and other high-tech help
- Focus on effort, not outcome
- Make your home reader-friendly
- Boost confidence
What can make the journey easier?
Dyslexia can present challenges for your child and for you. But with the proper support, almost all people with dyslexia can become accurate readers. Your involvement will help tremendously.
Wherever you are in your journey, whether you're just starting out or are well on your way, this site can help you find more ways to support your child. Here are a few things that can help make the journey easier:
- Connect with other parents. Remember that you're not alone. Use our safe online community to find parents like you.
- Get behavior advice. Parenting Coach offers expert-approved strategies on a variety of issues that can affect children with dyslexia, including trouble with time management, anxiety and fear, frustration and low self-esteem.
- Build a support plan. Come up with a game plan and anticipate what lies ahead.
Understanding dyslexia and looking for ways to help your child is an important first step. There's a lot you can do just don't feel you have to do everything all at once. Pace yourself. If you try a bunch of strategies at the same time, it might be hard to figure out which ones are working. And do your best to stay positive. Your love and support can make a big difference in your child's life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist and ask a free question.
I have purchased Bovista 30 liquid version would I have to mix this liquid with water and drink and how much drop of bovista 30 liquid I must use in water.
Hi Me and my Wife are planning for a baby. What are the necessary things I should keep in mind. Kindly guide.
I AM MARRIED 4 MONTH AGO, LAST TIME MY PERIOD DATE IS 6th Feb 2016, BUT STILL NOW MY PERIOD DATE IS OVER, TODAY I AM TEST MY URINE BUT THIS RESULT IS NEGATIVE, SO PLEASE HELP ME WHAT CAN I DO?
इमली के पत्तों के कई औषधीय गुण होते हैं. इमली का पेड़ बहुत विशाल होता है. इसके जड़, तना, छाल, पत्तियों, फल और फुल सबका औषधीय महत्व है. इमली के फल को हमारे यहाँ खाद्य पदार्थों में खट्टापन लाने के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है. तो आइए देखते हैं कि इमली के पत्तों के कितने फायदे हैं.
1. अल्सर के उपचार में
इमली के पत्ते का उपयोग अल्सर जैसे बीमारियों से लड़ने में भी कर सकते हैं. जाहिर है अल्सर में कई बार असहनीय दर्द होता है. इसके उपचार में इमली के पत्ते महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाते हैं.
2. स्कर्वी के उपचार में
नाविकों के रोग से मशहूर स्कर्वी नामक रोग विटामिन सी की कमी से होता है. इसके लक्षणों में मसूड़ों और नाखूनों से खून निकलना और थकान प्रमुख है. इमली के पत्ते उच्च एस्कार्बिक एसिड से भरपूर होते हैं. जो कि एंटी स्कर्वी के रूप में काम करता है.
3. उच्च रक्तचाप के उपचार में
इमली के पत्ते आपको उच्च रक्तचाप में भी मदद करते हैं. आज बदली हुई जीवनशैली के कारण उच्च रक्तचाप की समस्या बेहद आम हो गई है.
4. शुगर को नियंत्रित करने में
हमारे शरीर में रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को नियंत्रित करने में इमली के पत्तियों की महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका है. इससे इन्सुलिन की संवेदनशीलता में वृद्धि हो जाती है. इस तरह ये शुगर की बिमारी में राहत देने का काम करता है. पीलिया को ठीक करने में भी इसकी भूमिका देखी गई है.
5. सूजन को कम करने में
इमली के पत्तों के तमाम फायदों में एक ये भी है कि इससे सूजन को कम किया जा सकता है. इसका प्रयोग आप चाहें तो जोड़ों के दर्द में भी कर सकते हैं.किसी तरह के चोट से भी हुए सूजन को ये कम कर सकती है.
6. मलेरिया के उपचार में
जाहिर है कि मलेरिया बुखार मादा एनोफेलिज़ नामक मच्छर के काटने से होता है. एक शोध में ये पाया गया कि इमली के पत्तियों का अर्क प्लाज्मोडियम फाल्सीपेरम के विकास को प्रभावित करता है. आपको बता दें कि यही मलेरिया बुखार के होने का कारण है.
7. एंटीऑक्सीडेंट के रूप में
एंटीऑक्सीडेंट का महत्व हमारे शरीर में बहुत ज्यादा है. एंटीऑक्सीडेंट फ्री रेडिकल्स से छुटकारा दिलाते हैं. जाहिर है फ्री रेडिकल्स त्वचा कैंसर और कई अन्य समस्याएं उत्पन्न करते हैं. इमली के पत्ते एंटीऑक्सीडेंट से भरपूर होते हैं जिससे कि ये इसमें काफी मददगार होते हैं.
8. इन्फेक्शन में
विटामिन सी की भण्डार इमली की पत्तियां किसी भी सूक्ष्मजीव के संक्रमण से हमारे शरीर की रक्षा करता है. जाहिर है इससे शरीर स्वस्थ रहता है. इसके पत्तों का प्रयोग जननांग संक्रमण को भी रोकता है. तो संक्रमण से बचने में भी इमली के पत्ते हमारी मदद करते हैं.
9. माउथ फ्रेशनर के रूप में
जाहिर है मुंह का दुर्गन्ध रहित रहना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है. मौखिक स्वच्छता यानी माउथ फ्रेशनर के रूप में इसका इस्तेमाल आपको बेहतर परिणाम देता है. तो अब से आप माउथ फ्रेशनर के रूप में इमली के पत्तों का प्रयोग कर सकते हैं. जाहिर है ये आयुर्वेदिक भी है.
10. पीरियड्स और स्तनपान में
पीरियड्स के दौरान ऐंठन, पेट दर्द आदि समस्याओं से निपटने के लिए इमली के पत्तियों और छाल के अर्क का उपयोग करते हैं. ऐसा इमली के पत्तों का एनाल्जेसिक होने के कारण होता है. स्तनपान के दौरान इमली के पत्तियों का प्रयोग करने से माताओं के दूध की गुणवत्ता में काफी सुधार आता है.
11. घाव भरने में
इमली की पत्तियां एंटीसेप्टिक गुणों से युक्त होती हैं. इसलिए इमली के पत्तियों का रस जब घावों पर लगाते हैं तो इससे घाव तेजी से ठीक होता है. इसका रस अन्य संक्रमण और परिजिवी का विकास रोकने के साथ-साथ नई कोशिकाओं का निर्माण भी तेजी से करता है.