Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RuchiYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant 16 weeks, she has undergone cervical length surgery (stitch) on 5th September 2016, at that time her cervical length was 2.8 cm and now it is 2.9 cm, will it be safe to travel by flight post 5th October 2016.
Hi doc, I am married female of 26 years trying to conceive from 1.5 years my cycle is 30 days now I am post period of 3 days I have constipation problem from 3 days so can I be pregnant and suggest me when to take home pregnancy test.
I am having sex with my husband since ten year and I never loose my virginity as blooding since my first sex is with my husband but after ten year I have blooding by intimation. Why this is?
She is not enjoying sex with me these days? She says she is not feeling the urge for it? PLease advise.
After periods of 3 days 7 days white sticky discharge like gum is coming in my vagina its a monthly process but there is no foul smell. Is this normal?
Super Fact of the Day: The nerve impulses to and from your brain travel at the speed of 170 miles/hour!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Breastfeeding is advocated to be the only best thing for a newborn. But while it is the most natural thing to do, it isn't an easy process. It is challenging and full of surprises. Researches throw up facts that surprise all. For example: breastfeeding is like a shield against breast cancer.
Here are 3 such lesser known facts:
1. The milk contents - ever wondered what your baby thinks of the taste of your breast milk. Well, the fact is that your breast milk is tailor-made for your baby. From the taste to its benefits, it is a full course meal. When the feeding begins, the milk is watery. This is to quench the baby's thirst. Then the consistency thickens and the milk becomes higher in fat content. This meets your baby's electrolyte needs as well as energy requirement. Want to know something more amazing? through the day, your breasts milk's properties keep changing. By evening, it has higher sedating properties and helps the baby's body meet nutritional demands. This should explain that satisfied smile babies have when they sleep right after their feeds.
2. Variation in milk production - it is okay and natural if you feel you are lopsided. Many breastfeeding mothers feel that one breast is heavier than the other since it produces more milk. This is possible and happens a lot. Our body is not perfectly symmetrical between left and right. This applies to breasts as well and shouldn't be worried about. Because of this, milk production can also vary between both the breasts.
3. It causes weightloss - some women are known to lose their pregnancy weight by breastfeeding. Yes, this is also a lesser known fact. Breast milk happens to be a high calorie food which the baby literally sucks off the mother's body. This leads to shrinking of the mother's body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
L am 25 years old. I am having back pain, nausea,lower stomach pain, white stretchy discharge. Missed my period this month. I have already checked pregnancy test seven days after my missed period but test is negative. I do not understand what happen. I am pregnant or not?
When the vagina hurts and contracts involuntarily during the insertion of a foreign object, this is known as vaginismus. The muscles in the vagina tighten around the foreign object and causes pain, discomfort and a burning sensation. It is basically an involuntary spasm occurring in the vaginal muscles, which makes a penetration in the vagina almost impossible. Vaginismus works in a reflex mechanism, just like the eye shuts automatically when an object comes towards it.
Symptoms: Painful sex is the most basic symptom of vaginismus. Penetration initiates the pain, which usually goes away after withdrawal. Usually, you might think that your vagina is small because of which you are hurting on penetration. This causes the situation to go undetected. Many times, you might even feel discomfort during an internal pelvic examination or while using a tampon.
Causes: The actual cause of vaginismus is not known. Usually anxiety and the fear of having sex are stated as the causes of vaginismus. Sometimes medical causes like vaginal infections might also result in vaginismus.
Types: Vaginismus is of four different types, based on the time span of it occurring and on the object of penetration:
- Primary vaginismus: Suffering from vaginismus throughout life it called primary vaginismus.
- Secondary vaginismus: If you start suffering from it after having normal sex for quite some time then it is secondary vaginismus.
- Global vaginismus: When the pain starts with any foreign object penetrating the vagina, like a tampon or with internal pelvic examination instruments.
- Situational vaginismus: When the pain occurs with any one sex partner but not with the others.
Treatment: Vaginismus can be treated with exercise. If you do 20 kegels at a time every day, then vaginismus can be cured gradually.
I am trying to conceive for more than 2 years. My prolactin levels are high It is 122.6ng/m. I have done a brain MRI everything is normal and currently taking tablet Cabgolin 0.25mg twice a weak. I have LUFS syndrome I have been told to go for DNC Hysterolaproscopy. I had completed my cabgolin tablet course for 6 weeks and just got blood test done yesterday. As per the report my count is 1.2. This time I did get my periods on time My last month date was 16th Oct and this time I got it on 8th nov almost eight days early. should I still continue capgoline tablet. Kindly reply with your opinion.
We often fear change in our daily routines, it makes us anxious and jittery. But sometimes change is often required to shake up your life and inculcate better and healthier daily habits. We are creatures of habit and linearity, and like to keep it so. Soon these new habits will be a part and parcel of your life in no time. But it is important to push yourself and be disciplined and not slack off when your body refuses to comply.
- Exercise daily: This habit can never be stressed upon enough. It gets your body up and running first thing in the morning, and helps to make you feel good about your body. When exercising daily, your body is fit and healthy, decreasing the risk of lifestyle diseases. The kind and level of exercises that you do is completely dependent upon your goals.
- Eat right: What you eat everyday by way of habit, makes more impact than you think. Stick to well-balanced meals that supply your body with just the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, etc. Food also has an impact on your moods and it is important that you understand what each food does to different kinds of moods. Make sure you eat a power-packed breakfast for it is the only meal of the day that gives you enough energy to get through to the next meal.
- Limit your online time: Social media has become so much a part of our lives. But being online and making your social media presence felt all the time isn't all that 'cool', but a rather unhealthy habit. Checking your phone constantly for those incessant notifications, hearing ghost rings, can make you have extremely jumpy nerves. Limit the number of times you check your phone in a day, and have phases where you don't touch it at all, especially just before you go to bed. The glare of your smartphone can not only ruin your sleeping patterns but also your eyesight.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, to wash out all the toxins that have accumulated overnight. This helps to boost your metabolism and raises your energy levels. Drink enough water the rest of the day to keep up this cleansing effect.
- Meditate: In a world that is now so virtual, it is integral that you take out time for yourself and yourself only. Meditation is a way by which you can find inner peace and clear your mind of all unnecessary thoughts. It helps you to focus on yourself, your goals and wants. Starting your day peacefully with intent and focus is the way to go.
It's all about trying and being disciplined enough to keep at it and succeed. It is for your betterment and will go a long way to keep you healthy mentally, physically and emotionally.
Hi. I need advice from female homeopathic doc. I am 27 year old girl and have been married for 11 months. I am facing this strange problem where while having intercourse I feel as if my vagina is shut, preventing the penetration. No matter how many times we try, it doesn't yield any result. I feel very sensitive down there (at certain point, while in the act) and also feel the problem is increasing as the time passes. Earlier it was not as sensitive but now I have to ask my husband to stop and lay still on me until that feeling subsides. After a lot of internet research, I feel I am suffering from vaginismus. I have had only 2-3 intercourse when the penetration happened successfully (which were around 4 months back) At that time I did not have any such sensitive feeling. After that it just used to get stuck at the vagina, not moving further in. But now the vagina just doesn't allow and as soon as I experience that sensation I have to ask my husband to stop and be perfectly still. Now I don't look forward to sex. Kindly diagnose and prescribe. I feel so low that all problems I have are of such nature where I cant even openly talk about them.
I had sex 5 to six times at interval with a married woman. I am unmarried. She is not suffering from hiv aids. Can I be infected from AIDS after having sex with her?
The 10 year married (41 ) pregnant aspirant women already did 2 times IVF through foreign ovum donation, having problem in tubal blockage, high FSH (21.34 IU/ml) and low AMH (0.82), . Would it recommendable for another IVF of her own or go for surrogacy/adoption. Last time she got pregnancy but after 16 week it was lost due to abnormality, as result growth of the foetus checked and length was reduced and finally going to be aborted. The linear ovary and male sperm found O.k but don't know the quality of egg donor. Pl. Put the suggestion under this condition, what to do as because she is going to be on menopausal stage?
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long-term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important?
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But, good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphilis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also, the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.