Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruchi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RuchiYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old female. Unmarried. I had my periods on 19 Feb nd Unfortunately I had unprotected sex on 26 but as it is our first time I had bleeding and within few minutes we stopped he definitely didn't cum in me. But I am very much worried of getting pregnancy .I started ovral l today please help me.
Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a syndrome wherein more than one cyst is formed in the ovaries of the women who are in the reproductive age. This disease thereby creates problems in hormonal levels which lead to the irregular menses in women along with infertility and masculine changes in the body. The main reason for this disease is the hormonal imbalance and also a genetic disease. Some of the causes of PCOD are listed below:
- If there is a rise in Testosterone level.
- The increase of level in Luteinising hormone.
- The decrease in the levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin.
- Increase in the levels of Prolactin
- If insulin is in high than the required level.
Symptoms to watch out for-
The following signs may indicate prevalence of PCOS-
- Weight gain
- Abnormal/irregular periods
- Excessive hair growth on the face and body
- Painful menstruation
- Pelvic pain
- Difficulty conceiving
How well does Homeopathy work for PCOS?
The answer to this question is ‘miraculously well’! Hard to believe? Take a look at the countless benefits Homeopathy offers and ways in which it helps treat PCOS.
- Homeopathy treats each individual with PCOS symptoms differently. Therefore, your doctor will first evaluate the symptoms of PCOS, and prescribe a remedy that directly addresses the condition.
- As stated earlier, hormonal imbalance is the primary cause of PCOS. Homeopathy rectifies the ‘root cause’ by controlling hormonal imbalance and thus brings about harmony. Homeopathy prevents recurrence of the condition.
- Homeopathy follows a holistic approach. This means, your lifestyle and habits are also taken into account. For instance, homeopathy considers the fact that stress can disrupt your body’s hormonal balance, which, in turn, causes PCOS. Hence, the doctor provides homeopathic medicines for stress management.
- Homeopathy remedies are derived from all natural substances and particles extracted from animal bodies, plants and minerals. The medicines prepared from these extracts are absolutely natural and hence free from side effects.
Combining homeopathy remedies with a healthy diet, good lifestyle choices and exercise, can help you manage PCOS symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 26 years and I am diabetic since 1 year. Although it's in control now. After marriage. Will it affect my sex life and more importantly will it have affect over my baby child while in womb and after Birth and during baby life?
Hello mujhe aisi tablet ka naam bata de jis se period time se phale ho jaye meri shadi h or usi din period ki date h please mujhe aisi medicine ka name bata de jis se mujhe period time se phale ho jaye plz.
Hello, my wife pussy is very black in colour, how to make into white so as to sex confortly? age 22.
We are planning for baby from last six months. But I am not getting pregnant. I did not consult to any doctor yet. What can I do to get pregnant? Do I need to consult any doctor? Or wait for few more months. My age is 28. Please suggest.
Poor sex education and awareness can lead to pregnancy in the teenage years, which continues to be a problem that affects almost all countries. In fact, USA is the leader in teen pregnancy with most cases. As per records, about 35% of the girls get pregnant at least once before they reach 20 years of age.
This is a problem for the mother and for the child and is a social menace. Read on to understand a little more on how it affects both.
How it affects the mother?
- Teenage pregnancy is a result of negligence and poor awareness in most cases. The chances of habits like smoking, alcohol abuse and drug abuse are quite high in these mothers, which have adverse effects on the fetus during pregnancy. This also means their responsibility in terms of sufficient prenatal care, nutrition, and overall care for themselves and the child would not be optimal.
- Higher rates of maternal death: If girls who are less than 15 years of age get pregnant, the death rate is quite high. In addition, there is also poor weight gain, anemia, pregnancy-induced hypertension, STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). All these can have an effect on the child including low birth weight, vital organ malformations, congenital disorders, respiratory distress, and very high levels of infant mortality.
- With the added responsibility of the child, the chances that the teenager would go to school after childbirth and complete education and look into employment are also reduced drastically.
- Very often, teenage mothers also tend to remain single, as the child is usually born out-of-wedlock and is a result of negligence.
- The chances of having children later in life is also reduced, given all the changes that she goes through early on in life.
How it affects the child?
- As a corollary to the effects on the mother, the first effects include low birth weight, malformation of vital organs, inadequate healthcare, and even very high rates of infant mortality in the first year of life.
- Other medical conditions like chronic respiratory problems, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and blindness are very common.
- There could also be developmental issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other
- Given the social circumstances in which they are born, they are more exposed to early motherhood, single parenthood, broken marriages. This affects the regular parenting care that they receive resulting in improper nutrition and healthcare.
- Again, the poor social set-up also does not ensure sufficient education opportunities for the child. They may also get into child labor and become easy prey to neglect and abuse.
- The chances of girls born to teenage mothers themselves becoming teenage mothers is also quite high, leading to a vicious cycle.
Most countries are trying to fight this social menace by involving families, schools, and healthcare professionals, and running social campaigns and programs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.