Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi GuptaYour feedback matters!
At present I do not want child so. . Which time is better for sex to avoid pregnancy ? I do not have do sex more then 5 minute . . What can I do for increase my sex time ? I have facing problem of discharge quickly . . Long to long 2 minute ? I want to increase my discharging time . . plz give me better solution.
Hello doctor. Sometimes I am having pain in my lower stomach during periods. And I took medicine. But my friend told me that in period its harmful to take medicine even I will not able to get pregnant after marriage. Is this true Dr. Please help.
Delivery done for my wife 5 days before. But breast milk was not producing adequately. So insufficient diet for baby. can milk formation be done by some food? Any other diet can be given?
I and my gf had sex before three days without any protection how can I now she is pregnant. How to avoid if she is. Plss answer me soon.
How to count ovulation days? Does frm the first day of period count? Actually I don't hv knowledge regarding sex en ol. please do help me. I wanna get pregnant as soon as possible. Yesterday my period his strted so what day will be my ovulation day en how long ovulation period stay 1 day, 2 day or more den.
I m 26 years female and want to know as whenever I conceive after 2 months I had miscarriage doctors r saying that my uterus is weak. Will I be able to become a mother throughout my life?
Beet juice: apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
Berry smoothies: acai is a fruit which has a south african origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
Pomegranate juice: pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
Carrot juice: carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
Cocoa: a harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Which milk is best for pregnant women. Buffaloes or cows. And which milk is best for building muscle.
We as a couple are planning for a family for last 3 to 4 months, I am 33 while my wife is 30. However we are not sure if our approach is in the right direction or not. We have been following the ovulation cycle carefully, and every time we feel this is the time but the only thing happens is the periods get delayed by 3 or 4 days and we are back to zero. Not able to understand where the problem lies, inspite of following all the processes properly. Please guide as to what should be our approach now in this case.
Some basic components for good sleep
1. Regular physical exercise (preferably not in evening's)
2. Minimise daytime napping
3. Avoid fluid intake or heavy meals just before going to bed
4. Avoid caffeine intake (tea, coffee, cola drinks) before sleeping hours.
5. Avoid regular use of alcohol (especially avoid alcohol as hypnotic for promoting sleep)
6. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
7. Sleep in dark, quiet and comfortable environment.
8. Regularize time for going to sleep and waking up.
9. Try relaxation exercise.
She is suffering from monthly cycle issue. Monthly cycles are not coming exact date. They are getting missed by 2-3 days late every month. So suggest me what can I do?
Hello Doctor! My age is 31 years I am trying to conceive for more than 3 years but no luck. My follicles do not rupture even with Hcg Injections. My Hysteroscopy was done last month on 7th Jan The report says Uterine cavity normal with Endometrial polyp Subseptum noted. Endometrial polyp noted at fundus1.5cm* 1.5cm. Endometrial polyp resection done with scissors. spectrum resection polypectomy was performed with Scissor. Good voluminous cavity obtained. Both ostia were well visualized. Endometrium normal. Cervix dilated upto no 7 Hegars dilate. Procedure was uneventful. Endometrium sent for TMA RNA TB-PCR. Then the Lab report said TB Not detected. After that I was given some antibiotics for 5 days and tablets Valest-2 for 20 days and Gynacet for 5 days. Then I got my periods and now I am again suppose to take tablet Enrifol and Gynacet Pls let me know the purpose of these tablets. Will I be able to conceive now naturally or as my Amh level is low I need Ivf with donor egg only. Are there any medicines to increase egg quality and AMH level. Kindly reply with your opinion. Thanks.
When was the last time you got vaccinated.
Probably when you were a kid. Or after an injury you might have got a tetanus shot.
However with evolving medicine vaccinations in adults have a major role to play.
Who should take what?
Well that depends on what other diseases you have like diabetes or respiratory conditions or kidney disease or liver disease etc.
However routine adult vaccinations that almost any adult should take are
1. Seasonal influenza vaccine or flu shot. This saves you against swine flu and 2 other common influenza virus strains.
Frequency- once a year
2. Typhoid vaccine - it has been around for some time. But there is a newer version. Which has much more effectiveness in preventing typhoid.
Frequency-once in 3 yrs
3. Pneumococcal vaccine- the newer vaccine prevents you against multiple strains of pneumococci and as the name suggests it will prevent you from severe pneumonia.
Frequency-once in a life time.
4. Hepatitis b- if you have not taken it already then this the time to take. Prevents against hepatitis b. If hepatitis b occurs it can cause chronic liver disease and even liver cancer. The disease can even be spread by sexual routes or contaminated blood transfer. It is about thousand times more easily spread than compared to HIV.
Frequency - 0, 1, 6 months. Booster dose after 10 yrs.
In conclusion as we all know-how prevention is better than cure.
Upcoming vaccine-dengue vaccine, very eagerly awaited.
Motor tics are generally experienced by children, and the symptoms can last up to one year. This disorder is characterised by brief and uncontrolled spasm like motions which are also accompanied by screams and other outbursts. If the physical and vocal tics come together for each attack, then the condition is known as Tourette Syndrome. Motor tics may occur due to problems in the functioning of the neurotransmitters in the child’s brain. These are chemicals that are usually responsible for transmitting signals throughout the brain, and a malfunction can lead to serious issues. Here are a few Homeopathic ways of dealing with this disorder.
Selective Treatment: Homeopathy will provide a form of ad hoc care that can help in treating the various symptoms that are associated with these tics. The symptoms include obsessive compulsive disorder as well as the tendency of exhibitionism. Also, the mechanical repetition of actions with head jerking movements and lip biting as well as wincing are some of the main symptoms that one will experience in such cases. While most of these symptoms tend to vanish as one progresses towards adulthood, it has been found that Ignata and Cuprum Metallicum are some of the Homeopathic medicines that can help in treating these symptoms, as well as painful facial tics. Agaricus Muscarius can also help in treating the symptoms of motor tics.
Prevention: The point of Homeopathy medication is also to prevent the occurrence of such tics. Cina 15 CH can be prescribed for this purpose along with Zinc Metallicum. Also, these medicines will help in treating the anxiety that the child may feel when suffering from this condition. Further, many Homeopath doctors will recommend and administer a Hyoscyamus based treatment to deal with this aspect of the condition. Hysteria and violent movements can also be prevented with the help of Staphysagria.
Involuntary Movements: The treatment of involuntary movements felt as a part of this condition can take place with the help of Homeopathic medicines like Sepia, China, Zinc and Lycopodium. A Gelasium-based treatment can also be prescribed in case the tics are accompanied by violent head movements and hysterical fits.
Visit to a Doctor: For most Homeopathic treatments, especially for conditions like these, it is important that you visit the doctor for physical examination. Based on your symptoms, the doctor will provide the right dosage and right treatment. Also its important to monitor the progress so that the diseased can be managed. In some cases, if the symptoms cannot be contained by the medication, one may require immediate hospitalisation. The doctor may also check for symptoms related to Parkinson’s disease, as many times tics are a symptom of this disease, especially when they are experienced by adults. In most cases, these patients react well to Homeopathy based treatment methods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!