Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi GuptaYour feedback matters!
What can we do if condom breaks and sperm enters inside the vagina? What is the remedy to avoid pregnancy?
I am student .my monthly period gets over in two days .it has been happening since last one year. So I want to know is this normal? Because previously it was over from 3 to 4 days.
B: according-6Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
How to reduce Brest size? My wife hava a big brest size nd she is not comfort to this problem so please give Dr. give me good solution but not surgery I do.
I am 29 years old. Not pregnant. I am going for pilgrim on 5th sept and will return on 21 sept. Last month my mc date was 12 august. And my gynec gave me delivery 10 mg course for 5 days (twice a day) to prepare my periods. From 19 aug to 23 aug and told me that my periods will start in 5 to 7 days after stopping the tablets. But now its 10th day I did not got my periods yet. So she suggest me to take primolut N 5 mg twice a day from 3rd sep till I return. Is this a proper diagnosis and is it safe to take primolut N tab. After taking delivery tab. Need suggestion please.
Mam/sir, Yesterday i.e 19/4/17 I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend in the afternoon by 12/1 pm. Later drank an vodka /alcoholic cocktail. And night around 8 pm took an ipill. Immediately after taking the pill I vomited completely. I have a doubt that I vomited the tablet also as I do not remember what happened last night. So my boyfriend suggested me to take another ipill tomorrow morning as I might have vomited the first pill. But im scared to take the second tablet so soon fearing the side effects. So kindly suggest me if I should take another tablet tomorrow i.e 21/4/17.
Had cesarean 5days back but do not have sufficient milk in my breast to feed my baby so please suggest some home remedies to get good milk in my breast for my baby.
Hello. I was on duphaston since feb 20 then I got my periods on march 20. I stopped duphaston in 10 days then I got my periods on 10 april. Today I am having very little brown discharge and now it stopped. What is the cause. I am not sexually active. When will I have my period. Can a dog make a girl pregnant? My friend said it's possible.
What should we do if amniotic fluid level is 2.5 mm, and due date for delivery is 31.11.16. She feels no labor pain yet.
During periods my daughter is suffering from acute pain acute to acute (which doctors call endrowmetrosis and adinomyosis combined) since four years.She is not able to conceave. No chidren. Married on 12.04.2003.No parental family history since last almost 60 years. Total vegitarian. Any remedy
I'm 32 years old married for 4 years. In November 2012 I had laparoscpy surgery for chocolate cyst in both ovaries but it has formed again. I was prescribed danazol many times but side effects include severe gastritis and join pain that I had to discontinue. I wished to have a child what should I do ?
I had sex with my gf unfortunately without condom. Is it leads to pregnancy bcoz some of sperm is released. N how should we prevent it.
I have married 4 months ago my wife is very horny she insist me to have 3 times a day morning, evening and night as from one month she is doing it but from one week I am having a slight continues pain in my right side of kidney please help me is it safe and now what can I do to stop pain?
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserosal fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.