Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. mera mu tobacco sevan se ban ho gaya he pura khul nahi raha ab me tobacco chod chuka hu kya mera mu phir se pura khul sakta he.
I am 25 years old male. I had teeth problem from last 3 years back. So I got treatment (Root canal) while I was in my hometown (bangalore) at one the famous private polyclinic. Few weeks ago again I visited Dentist and she suggested to make root canal again for same teeth.. Even I got treatment (root canal) at saudi ARABIA. My questions are 1. Dr. every couple of years once I should get root canal? 2. I here thatvtreatment of saudi Arabian hospital is not good and it will be make side effects on future! Is this true? 3. What type of bless and tooth paste I should use?
My tongue is scratchy and there is roughness for past few days. What is the reason? It happened never before in past. please prescribe me some suggestion or medicine.
I am always troubled by tooth ache as soon as I eat chocolate or sweets. Tough I brush twice a day I m not satisfied with it. Please help me to sought out this problem.
I sleep very less, as less as 2-3 hours a day, still I don't feel sleepy, side effects, ulcers in mouth, dry mouth, and low concentration, what to do?
SIR I HAD ORAL SEX 1 YEAR 2 MONTHS AGO ND WITH A GIRL WHOM I DO not KNOW ND EVER SINCE I HAD HEALTH issues I had a very Bad Flu for 2 months and following Mouth ulcers, Gum bleeding, skin rashes, loss of energy, Stomach issues, Increased stomach mass. I took an hiv test after 2 months which was negative nd after 3 months my cbc tests were very clear and After starting work for a while again I had sore throat always and last month after an years time I Took Stds test which was all negative. During this one year Time I never had a viral. But again I got sick with viral and cough and also facing Erectile dysfunctions and my penis size has shrinked and I m not getting erections which I used to get earlier. please HELP ME OUT.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
General health: Chronic diseases like gastroesophageal reflux disease, digestive disorders, liver disorders, cancer, and diabetes can lead to bad breath.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.