Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi GaurYour feedback matters!
I have chest congestion, nose block and breathing difficulty when I get some infection or due to cold/dust allergy. Can I use "asthalin" for nebulization at home?
My right hand index finger tendon crush in door very badly with removal of nail pad, in finger treatment 3 stitch and medicine given by doctor after 3 day finger tendon skin is getting black and some portion is loss. What the reason for black skin and how many times taken for recovery.
How to give up the habit of masturbation? When I once ejaculate then I hav no control masturbate for almost 5 times a day how to get ris if this bad habit.
Traditionally, people resort to hearing aids in order to take care of their auditory problems. The perception of hearing reduces as age progresses and people find it absolutely necessary to come up with ways by which they can improve their hearing. However, cochlear implants have become extremely popular because of the method that it uses in comparison to the traditional methods of hearing aids.
What is a cochlear implant?
A cochlear implant is an electronic medical device that replaces the function of the damaged inner ear. Unlike hearing aids, which make sounds louder, cochlear implants bypass the damaged hair cells of the inner ear (cochlea) to provide sound signals to the brain.
Who can they help?
The cochlear implant technology can help people who:
- have moderate to profound hearing loss in both ears
- receive little or no benefit from hearing aids
- score 50% or less on sentence recognition tests done by hearing professionals in the ear to be implanted
- score 60% or less on sentence recognition tests done by hearing professionals in the non-implanted ear or in both ears with hearing aids.
Many people have cochlear devices in both ears (bilateral). Listening with two ears can improve your ability to identify the direction of sound and separate the sounds you want to hear from those you don’t.
What are the benefits of a cochlear implant?
Many adults with cochlear implants report that they:
- Hear better with a cochlear implant than with a hearing aid
- A previous study has shown that people with a cochlear implant achieve an average of 80% sentence understanding, compared with 10% sentence understanding for hearing aids1.
- Can focus better when in noisy environments.
- Find it easier to have conversations with people across meeting tables, in restaurants and other crowded places.
- Reconnect with missed sounds that they could not hear before their cochlear implant.
- Feel safer in the world as they can hear alarms, people calling out and approaching vehicles.
- Talk and hear on the phone.
- Enjoy music.
How is a cochlear implant different from a hearing aid?
A cochlear implant is very different from a hearing aid and is appropriate for individuals for whom hearing aids fail to provide benefit. A hearing aid makes sounds louder. Sound still travels through all the portions of the ear (outer ear, middle ear, inner ear) to the hearing nerve. A cochlear implant bypasses these structures and directly stimulates the hearing nerve with electrical energy. Because hearing aids amplify sounds and rely on the hearing system to convey the message, people with severe to profound hearing loss may be able to hear, but not understand speech well. The main objective of a cochlear implant is to improve speech understanding in quiet. Clarity with a cochlear implant is usually better than a hearing aid because the implant does not make sounds louder but delivers them to the hearing nerve.
There are a number of symptoms, which people should be looking out for before concluding that they have a hearing disorder:
- Inability to hear properly
- Excessive ear pain and stress on the brain
- Failure to communicate properly
- Discomfort in the mouth or nose
- Other feelings of anxiety or stress that may actually be a consequence of the hearing loss problem
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
Fat is a stored form of energy. To reduce the store, add less and spend more. Eat more of boiled vegetables and fruit and less of cereals and walk 5km briskly daily and do kapaal bhaarti pranayan for 10 minutes daily.
I'm a very nervous guy. And 18 year old and I'm suffering from underweight my height is 5'5 my weight is 46 I eat a lot still I'm unable to gain weight can I go for weight gainers like endura mass.
I have too much hair loss problem from last 5 year. I have visited many Dr. And spent too much money but can't get any result. Is it possible to stop my hair fall.
I am suffering from psoriasis. Is is a skin cancer? N what vil be its effects on my life n how many days can I live after this?
Hi I am 18 year old girl having problem in breathing because my one side nose bone is twisted (tedi) and I realized it few months back only when consulted nearby doctor they operation need to be done for it. But I don't wanna go for operation can't I get better solution den it so that it does not make problem in breathing.
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
*those suffering from diabetes and blood pressure should avoid potatoes, sweets, rice and salts.
*body tissues of arthritis patient starts to shrink, therefore, long exposure to cold winds should be avoided.
*the dietary habits of the children should be taken care. 60 per cent of carbohydrates, 15 to 20 per cent of fat and proteins should be consumed regularly. Food with high calorific value should be the part of the diet which includes oil, ghee, sugar and also jaggery. Normally in this season, children suffer from respiratory ailments like asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia. Therefore, citrus fruits like oranges and grapes should be avoided. While papaya, apples and banana should be the part of the diet
*every time you eat food, it should be fresh, well cooked and warm. Cold food should be avoided.
*pregnant women should take green leafy vegetables.
*non-vegetarians, boiled or roasted meat is suggested. Besides, oily and spicy food should be avoided.