Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi AgrawalYour feedback matters!
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) has brought a lot of happiness to thousands of couples around the world. It has made the life of people who are looking to have a baby, but who are not able to conceive, a lot easier. That being said, there are some very crucial questions which need to be asked when a couple is taking into due account the possibility of going for IVF treatment.
Is it right for you?
When it comes to having a baby, couples should considergoing for IVF treatment, only if all other possible solutions have not panned out to render a beneficial result. Similarly, IVF treatment should be opted for after all other options on the table have been thoroughly reviewed to judge how effective they might be. Problems like a low sperm count can usually be remedied in other ways. The reason for this is that while it is true that IVF is, on the whole, a very safe process, the reason for caution of its use is due to the fact that among all the options available, it is surely the most invasive of the lot.
There are great chances of success when it comes to getting pregnant by making use of fertility medicine, clearing fallopian tubes which are blocked by undergoing a surgical procedure, etc. Another viable solution, depending on the case happens to be intrauterine insemination. With all these options, it can be said to be a little imprudent for a person to rush to register for IVF treatment.
While going through the IVF treatment cycle and hoping for a positive result,do not forget to think about what you are going to do if you have any embryos left over. This is referred to as ‘spare’embryos in the case of a successful current cycle. You may have to decide how many embryos to freeze. For many women, this leads to an ethical dilemma which can be tough to get through. To be able to avoid this, it is important for women to take their time and decide what is to be done with the spare embryos.
A woman who plans to go for IVF should also bear in mind that the entire process, which takes weeks, can be quite stressful, to say the least. She should be ready for it. This means that her physical state as well as her mental makeup should be conducive to the rough ride that IVF promises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Over the years, infidelity has surfaced as the single most common reason that has the ability to shatter and dismantle a perfectly happy relationship. Infidelity can occur in any and every form of relationship and in each of them it is deemed as unacceptable and uncalled for. And each of them leaves the persons with feelings of betrayal, anger and guilt. There are 101 reasons for infidelity – even among the harmonious marriages - emotional disconnection from a partner is cited one of the most common causes. Feeling deprived of affection, appreciation, emotional support, feeling lonely and sad and the consequent feelings of anger and resentment all culminate into why people stray.
- Bad judgment - But it could be as simple as impulsive decisions and acts too. The primary relationship (that is, the relationship with the spouse or long-term partner) maybe perfectly harmonious, yet in a momentary attraction and a rash decision a person may sow the seeds for infidelity.
- Sexual dissatisfaction - Sexual dissatisfaction is stated as another important cause.
- Search for an emotional connect - Many a time, it's also the urge for attention, to be flattered, and to be attracted by someone, causes infidelity.
Whatever the reasons for one to stray away, the act shatters the trust of the betrayed persons, and everything they believe to be true about the partner. People find themselves crying a lot, not being able to concentrate, being upset, and feeling depressed. The most common and devastating outcome of infidelity is the end of a relationship. However, emotions change over time. Once the initial shock is over, there are steps one might try before walking out of the relationship-
- Ending the affair immediately - The first and foremost step that one must take in overcoming infidelity is to end the affair immediately. If your relationship is important to you, then it would require your complete investment both physically and emotionally. You must snap all contacts with the other person and concentrate on rebuilding your relationship with renewed faith and trust.
- Open discussion - If you want the relationship to work then you must have a completely free and open discussion with your partner. Coming clean about your past affair is imperative if you want to begin anew. Your partner deserves a complete, honest discussion and you must do it delicately and with a lot of care.
- Willingness to compromise - Beginning a relationship after confessing about the past relationships requires a lot of hard work and compromises. It will take a long time for the relationship to be nearly what it was before the infidelity and you should take complete responsibility for it, as well as have a willingness to compromise on certain issues.
- Marriage therapy - Apart from attempts to amend yourself, you can also take the help of a marriage therapist. A marriage counselor or a therapist can, through a series of sessions of discussions and sound counsels, avert the possible ending of the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hiiii My wife is 31 months pregnant. I want to asked you that BC-26 Germany tablet is useful for normal delivery or not.
Hello Sir my fiancy have some problem of black bleeding in vagina after 15 days gone of time period and this bleeding are during when she done after urination so what problem are there.
I am 28 years old. Meri one month se bleeding ni ruki. Medicine chl ri h koi frk ni Pad raha any suggestions for me.
Hi sir. I am blessed with a baby girl in the month of june 2015 by cesarean section. Since then I did not have my MC(periods). What should I do?
Hello doc, we are planning for a baby. I am having hypothyroid taking 62mg tab daily my tsh is 3.4. So is my thyroid level or hypothyroid affects me for Me to conceive. My weight is 61kg. please suggest.
I am 18 weeks pregnant still suffering from vomit, acidity and gas. Also I can not take much liquid in any form hence can't take recommended 12 glasses. I have been taking ondem 4 mg and pan d since I was 8 weeks pregnant. Are these medicine safe to continue for so long. Is there any alternative?
Hi Im 25 years old female. Facing with period missing problem almost 3 months over negative pregnancy test. Consulted with doctor gave some 6 tables for period but after using it week finished no periods occurs pls help me out. Im in so nerves tension what to do will it effect my future pregnancy I can't be present.
I was in touch with guy in clothes but nothing was too intimacy or penetrations but we were in undergarments it was 16th day of cycle can I get pregnant?
Hi I just had four tablets of siphene100 and one is still left. But due to some reasons we have to postpone our plans to have a baby and I would like to go back to my contraceptive pills. Can I start my pills right away and how long will it take for them to be effective?
I am 19 years old girl. I had sex with my partner from 6th aug to 10th aug and we used to do withdrawal method and sometimes without condom but on 8th aug we had sex he ejaculated sperm inside then I took i-pill in approx 10 hours after that we had sex with condom only and previous month I had periods from 21july-26july then in august month my periods not come then I did home urine pregnancy test with the help of pregnancy test kit on 2sept morning and the result are positive so this means I am pregnant but I do not will not to be so please suggest me now what to do as a next step asap.
Hi I am 30 yr old female please tell me when should I plan my first pregnancy? I am suffering from hypothyroidism also and was on pills for 1 year and it has been two yrs of my marriage.
I'm 23 years old girl, I am taking medicine for cyst and thyroid from a homeopathic Doctor for past 6 months, before that I was taking medicine for dinner same problem from allopathic, I had to change because it was not suiting me, but I am not able to control my hairfall, it is in very bad condition, please help me.
I am 24 years old. I married since 21 june 2013. I have secondary amenorrhoea since 2 years before my marriage. I try to conceive since 3 yrs. I went to several clinics for treatment. I diagnosed as pcos. I took glucofage 850 mg tid, folic acid and aspirin. Now my pc controlled. My weight was 90 kg and now 70 kg. I took many medication for ovulation and hyperstimulation as tab clomid and inj hmg but I didn't ovulate. Last period 27 April 2016 I took tab tamoxifen tid for 5 days from day 2. Then I took 150u inj hmg in day 8 and 150u in day 9. After that my follicle not reached needed size. Dr. increased dose and she gave me 150u inj hmg day 11 and 75U in day 12 than my follicle reached to max size and gave me inj hcg 10000u in day 14. After 2 day I get abdomen distended and pelvic pain. I went to doc. I get ohss mild then became moderate. I admitted in hospital for 2 days with oral fluid intake; inj ceftrixem and inj clean. I still under treatment. I have query? Can I get pregnancy this month?
Folvit, zincovite, aspirin tablets ka kya use hai, conceive karne mein jab baby plan kar rahi ho? Please help me.
I am 45 year female I am not getting my menstrual periods from last 3 months pls advise any medicine.
My doctor has advised regestrone tablets. Please tell me why My periods have been irregular I'm trying for a baby.
Paleo diet is one of those diets which have been gaining widespread popularity in the recent times. It has been touted by its supporters as the natural diet for human beings and also the diet that our ancestors used to consume. There is a lot of debate on its efficacy and it has its own set of advantages and disadvantages alike.
What exactly is a paleo diet?
The Paleo diet gets its name from the Paleolithic period of human civilization, thousands of years ago, where the availability and choices of food were varied and limited according to seasons. Most foods included lean meat, fruits, nuts, vegetables and were very different from the fast food, high sugar and saturated fat-based diet that humans are having now. This diet aims to go back to the basics to correct nutritional deficiencies as well as to try out to correct excesses of the modern diet.
Advantages of Paleo diet
- Huge decrease in consumption of processed sugar
- Normalization of blood pressure levels
- Decreases in the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
- Balance of protein intake due to limited and lean meat consumption
- Increase in the consumption of vegetables and natural foods with less processed chemicals
- Optimization of insulin within the body
Disadvantages of Paleo diet
- Far too restrictive - Many believe that although it is a good diet, it loses out on the balance and becomes too restrictive with certain food groups being cut out completely, which may cause imbalances.
- Excess of protein - Although Paleo diet cuts down on unhealthy fats, some of its ingredients may cause the consumption of too much protein which may not be good for health either.
- Lacks of carbohydrates - Some believe that Paleo diet lacks carbohydrates and may not be a good source of energy. When working throughout the day, carbs provide energy but a low carb diet may cause energy-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.