Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 17 years old.From last October I have an immature voice even after hitting all other stages of puberty. I did a little research and understood that my condition might be called Puberphonia.
Whenever I get up in the morning my voice changes and I have difficulty in speaking and also feel pain in throat. After drinking some water and clearing my throat I get relief. But to avoid this what should I do?
Jab may school me tha tab may haklata tha. Umar ke sath haklana kam hogya. Par puritarha nhi. College me mayne speech karne ke liye part liya or jab may stage par pahucha. Bhid dekh kar meri awaz hi nhi nikli. Us ghatna ke bad may ayse program jha mujhe bhot sare logo ke samne bolna pade usme part nhi leta tha. Ab meri shadi hai 2 month ke bad. Or mujhe ye dar lagrha hai ke khi Jo hal mera college time par hogya that who yha bhi na hojaye. Jayse ke kazi sahab mujse puche or meri awaz hi na nikli to. Sir mujhe bhot tension horha hai. please agar koe Dr. Achi salah de to mujhe help hogye gi.
Hi, Kindly let me know that Stammering of kids can be cured by Acupressure? If yes let me know the treatment or doctors who can do acupressure procedures.
When I record my voice and listen to that so It Sounds as I am speaking through my nose and it really pisses me off. I can't speak clearly and many words stuck im mouth pls let me how can I get over on this and I have nasal allergy problem as well.
My son having hoarseness of voice for 15 days. I visited an allopath who prescribed antibiotics and antiallergies. But I am not getting better result. I want to ask an ayurved practitioner for some good advice.
Mouth breathing can also lead to speech impediments, especially in children between the age group of 4-12 years. I have my son 7 years old he has speech issues and can belly make sentences. Kindly help.
Hi, I am 35 years having stammering problem since birth and same have been improved a lot as I grown up. I am trying further to improve it but it still persist. Tried some of the advices like chanting, yoga etc. To improve but unable to see major effects. Need to overcome from this on immediately. Can anybody help me to recover from this problem.
Sir, I can not speak before an audience as I will think about them what they would think about me. Therefore I am not in a position to do official communication before them .Please give a reply.
Actually I have problem with my voice. I can not speck louder in some circumstances. And I am not okay with my voice.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.