Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruby SumanYour feedback matters!
My sister is suffering from breast cancer please guide us now till day she had already 3 chemo therapy completed in a nursing home in kolkata now doctor says operation is required what can I do please give me advice.
Am 25 yes old female and suffering from irregular periods and I started taking patanjali stri rasayn vati and rajapravartni vati BT am confused as till we're I had to tk these tablets. Like I HD to tk only 25 days and stop or I HD to tk till my blding start so am confused plzz help me.
Eat a high-fiber diet:
Consuming a diet that is high in fiber and rich in whole grains, vegetables, legumes, and fruits can improve your digestive health" a high-fiber diet helps to keep food moving through your digestive tract, making you less likely to get constipated" adding that a high-fiber diet can also help you prevent or treat various digestive conditions, such as diverticulosis, hemorrhoids, and irritable bowel syndrome. In addition, it can help you achieve or maintain a healthy weight.
Get insoluble and soluble fiber:
It is important to consume both types of fiber, which each help your digestive system in different ways" insoluble fiber, also known as roughage, can't be digested by the body and therefore helps add bulk to the stools, soluble fiber draws in water and can help prevent stools that are too watery" good sources of insoluble fiber include wheat bran, vegetables, and whole grains; get soluble fiber from oat bran, nuts, seeds, and legumes.
Limit foods that are high in fat:
In general, fatty foods tend to slow down the digestive process, making you more prone to constipation. But since it is important to get some fat in your diet, adams says that pairing fatty foods with high-fiber foods can make them easier on your digestive system.
Choose lean meats:
Protein is an essential part of a healthful diet, but fatty cuts of meat can lead to uncomfortable digestion. When you eat meat, select lean cuts, such as pork loin and skinless poultry.
Incorporate probiotics into your diet:
Probiotics are the healthy bacteria naturally present in your digestive tract. They help keep the body healthy by combating the effects of a poor diet, antibiotics, and stress, in addition, probiotics can enhance nutrient absorption, help break down lactose, strengthen your immune system, and possibly even help treat irritable bowel syndrome. Adams recommends that people eat good sources of probiotics, such as low-fat yogurt or kefir, on a daily basis.
Eat on schedule:
Consuming your meals and snacks on a regular schedule can help keep your digestive system in top shape. Aim to sit down for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks around the same time each day.
Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is good for your digestive health. Water in your digestive system helps dissolve fats and soluble fiber, allowing these substances to pass through more easily.
Skip the bad habits:
Smoking and avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol. Liquor, coffee, and cigarettes can interfere with the functioning of your digestive system, and lead to problems like stomach ulcers and heartburn.
" regular exercise helps keep foods moving through your digestive system, reducing constipation" says adams. And exercise can help you maintain a healthy weight, which is good for your digestive health. Make it a point to work regular exercise into your weekly schedule.
Too much stress or anxiety can cause your digestive system to go into overdrive. Find stress-reducing activities that you enjoy and practice them on a regular basis.
I had a still birth in end of 8th month due to amniotic fluid was emptied. And I had gestational diabetes also. Now i am pregnant of 5 weeks. Can you suggest me how to manage gestational diabetes and what to do for my healthy baby.
Am a girl 20 years of age I have an irregular period last two months had my period on the 24th April 2016 and the following month which was May I don't have any period then on 4th june I had my period I have this white thing which come of my private area every day at times is watery at times too is not white but plane and wen I touch with my two hands it can not separate there is no smell and today on the 22nd June 2016 I have this pain in my abdomen one side hurts wen I get up I have been having this for some months now at times it have been coming through every month but date comes changing then it stop I don't no what is wrong with me help pls.
I tried anal sex today but that hole is too tight and she is feeling that washroom is coming to her.Please tell.
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Actually I got engaged in sex last month and sperm was discharged inside.I want to abort it with pills can you suggest me about this plz.
My wife suffered pih (pregnancy induced hypertension) & got emergency surgery for delivery in 8th month of pregnancy. Now she is again pregnant of 6 weeks & experiencing pih, please suggest good opinions maintain normal her bp throughout her pregnancy.
Does ovulation kit available in medical stores work? In order to conceive surely this time, me and my wife wants to identify the ovulation day (most fertile day) so please suggest a product/direction. Also, please comment on best position and time (during entire day) to maximize the chances of conception. My wife's periods started on 29th June around 8 PM so which day according to you all experts think should be the most fertile day. Please help.
Hi im 21 years women I have some problem during periods I have serious stomach pain it cause me unconscious I took tablet when I have that kind of stomach pain seriously I dnt like that, is there any other way to treat this kind of stomach bcoz during college day I dnt want to face that kind of causes so please help me to treat this stomach pain.
Does your work require you to sit for long hours? Following a bad sitting posture for a long time can cause a lot of health problems like depression, low energy levels, back or neck pain, fatigue, headache etc. But the good news is that you can correct these posture defects very easily by following a few simple tricks throughout the day. Here’s how.
1. Sit up straight
Sitting up straight is easy if you follow these simple rules.
a. Use an ergonomically designed chair made according to your height and weight as it will provide your body with the required support to sit straight. You can buy such a chair online from any leading furniture shopping website.
b. Ensure that your back remains aligned to the back of your chair to prevent slouching or leaning forward.
c. Try to keep your shoulders straight and squared, paired with an upright head and aligned neck, back, and heels, similar to your standing posture.
2. Ensure that your ears are in line with your shoulders
Use this small trick to maintain the correct posture throughout the day. Whenever you lean forward or backward too much, your ears won’t be in line with your shoulders and you will know that it’s a wrong posture.
3. Uncross your legs
The correct sitting posture requires you to keep your feet grounded. Be careful not to cross your legs and leave one of them hanging in front of you. If your feet find it difficult to reach the ground, you can use a footrest or a small stand for placing them.
4. Take the help of a lumbar support pillow
A lumbar support pillow is a cushion that has been designed to support your spine and help you maintain a straight sitting position. Every time you sit on the chair, the pillow ensures that you sit straight. You can roll up a thick towel and use it instead of a lumbar support pillow as well to get the same benefits.
5. Do some desk exercises at regular intervals
Exercising after sitting for long hours can help you to relax by loosening stiff muscles, besides having the added benefit of correcting your posture. Take small exercise breaks and try out the following workouts, while still sitting on your chair-
a. Maintain an upright position and raise your arms above your head, while ensuring that your elbows remain straight. Bend to your right first and then left, while keeping your fingers interlocked.
b. Extend your left leg forward, while remembering to keep your toes pointed towards the front. Change the position of your toes so that they point upward. Follow the same steps for 5 for times and then do the same with your right leg.
Maintaining a correct posture will not only keep you away from the health hazards of a bad posture, but will also enhance your appearance and increase your energy levels.
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.