Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruby GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir/Maam I got physically involved with my girlfriend for the first time on 27th august. For precautions she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After four days I.e on 1 September she started bleeding although it was NOT her period date and the bleeding continued for four days. After that with her first morning urine she did four home urine pregnancy test after 21,28, 35 and ,42 days of Intercourse. All the results came NEGATIVE. Her periods had still not started yet. Please tell do we still have to worry about pregnancy and can these test be wrong even after 42 days of Intercourse. We are very tensed. Please help.
My wife is 5 mths pregnant Please suggest me some good and healthy food for my baby so that baby will remain healthy.
Hi I am 26 year old female, had 2 cesarean. Before I become second time pregnant I observed one of my intestine on just above belly button and can easily figure it.
I am 27 years old had 2 miscarriage already. Now I am 7 weeks pregnant. My doctor had done sonography at 6 weeks 2 days that time there was irregular sac without yolk sac & fetal node then doctor suggest me beta hcg test to next day ,in that test there was 37015 miu/ml and then doctor give me hucog 5000 injection and said will come after 15 days for again sonography to detect heart beat and 2 more hucog 5000 injections, once per week and susten 200 injection per week. Please you suggest me is there is any chances to come heart beat of my baby.
During periods I get too much of stomach pain and back pain. Is there any treatment for this problem.
Nutrition for young mother
Mother is the sun of the family, thus, she gives energy and life to the whole universe. The role of mother is most important amongst all the roles played by a woman.
The gratitude and appreciation cannot end till we all die because as we all know the first process of motherhood is named well as labour pains. As all mothers always only worry and focus on the health and system of whole family but a healthy mother can only take care and bring up a healthy family, Therefore all the women should give important to their health to the same level as to family members, we should specially focus on young mothers more as the whole body and life gets a turn of 360 degree in terms of:
Body and lifestyle.
Like pregnancy, adequate nutrition of mother during lactation is of vital importance, as for almost next 6 months the infant is going get all his nutrition from mother's milk, thus, a young lactating mother needs extra nutrients to meet the baby's needs in addition to her own requirements. If the mother is malnourished, the secretions of milk are maintained at the cost of her own body reserves.
Thus, a complete well-balanced diet is important for a successful lactation ,where the breastfeed infant is growing well and maintaining appropriate biochemical indexes of nutritional status of mother and baby both.
Changes in terms of nutritional needs and hormones are very high in young mothers
Energy: During first 6 months of lactation an additional 600 kcal per day is needed and later this reduces to approx 400kcal per day.
: Calcium requirement during lactation grows high due to added stress to the body of producing milk.
1000mg per day of calcium should be taken to satisfy both mother and baby needs.
: to maintain the volume of milk and portion of casein (milk protein) an additional amount of almost 15-18g per day should be added to the diet, during first 6 months.
For good quality protein has milk and milk products, egg, nuts, pulses, fish and chicken.
: As the basic calcium, protein and carbohydrate contents are maintained in the milk at cost of mother's body reserves, the vitamins like A, B, B2, b3, C, folic acid, vitamin-D, and vitamin B12 are if less in nursing mother's diet, then an evident nutritional deficiency can be observed in the infants health too.
: A supplement of vitamin-D (10µg/d) is recommended for women who avoid milk and other foods fortified with vitamin-D. Similarly, a supplement of vitamin B12 (2.6 µg/d) is recommended for completely vegetarian mothers.
Limitation in one nutrition may be a marker for another nutrient inadequacies (e.g. iron and foliate deficiencies often coexist)
The amount of water and liquids in a diet is also very important for sufficient secretion of about 850 ml milk/day.
Siblings are most definitely, the best thing to have ever happened to anyone. We fight, we laugh, we play and we defend. No matter, whether you are the best buddies or you cannot even stand being in the same room, you two (or three or four!) share an inseparable bond, which will last for a lifetime. Siblings are surely in for the long haul, while friends and colleagues may just come and go. But do our sibs really influence us?
- The weight issues: Obesity has been known to run in generations and families, but there have been studies which show that siblings have an influence, especially when we talk of the waistline. Researches; conducted from a 2014 based study at Duke University from the Sanford School of Public Policy show that if the older sibling is obese, the chances of the younger one, being the same increase fivefold. This is regardless of the fact that the parents are obese or not.
- Character talk: Though there is little evidence supporting the theory of birth order affecting personality, there sure is enough to support that siblings do shape the same for each other. Siblings do develop separate identities for themselves and in the same run, affect and shape the personality and characteristics as well as the behavior of the other, to a major extent. For instance, a person would make more of an effort to become an outgoing person, if his/ her sibling is shy and quiet. In case of families with three kids, this is more likely to happen among siblings of the same gender instead of the opposite genders.
- The first teachers: Navigating social situations are what we first learn from our siblings. A daily practice in understanding foreign minds and getting an insight of the outer world is what we first get from our siblings. Strong bonds between two kids at home have shown better and more successful connections with peers at school.
- Saving marriages is their task: Being a part of a bigger family reduces the chance of divorce due to more chances of being accustomed to adjustment. Ohio State University concluded in a 2013 study that every sibling reduces divorce risk by 2%.
- Depression Deal: Squabbling of siblings is as natural as the rain. Yet, the reasons for the fight can have major health implications. Quarreling about issues like fairness and equality can lead to experiencing higher levels of depression. The same has been concluded by a 2012 study of the University of Missouri. Fighting over personal space can lead to the development of low self-esteem and anxiety.
- But they are happiness boosters too: You know that already! Having siblings is in itself a joyful experience. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hi I am a 28 year old married male. I would like to know the ways in which my wife will not conceive other than using condom or ipill. The way should not create a hindrance when we will be planning for child after a year or so. So just want to know other ways of family planning than using condom or ipill. Thank you
I am 42 years and I had undergone hysterectomy last year in april. I have been taking premarin 0.625 since april 2014 and would like to know when I can completely stop the medication.
Bohat din se muje bhook nai lagti han muh mein jaisa pani pani hota han or vomiting jaise lagti han uske liye dawai leti hun raberzole+ dompeiodone par koi farak nai lag raha han mein kaunsi dawai luh mann bilkul nai lag raha han kuch khane ko.
Hi I'm 25 year old female. I'm having trouble while peeing today. Last night I used vibrator. I'm having bleeding issues now though it shouldn't be periods. What could be the probable reason?
Hi, I am 27 year old woman and I have no baby. I was married in 2013. I try to conceive last year. My husband age is 27 and he have slow sperm motility 20% and my amh result is 1.5 what can we do ?
Mentioned throughout history as a curse, leprosy was considered as a punishment of sins by many cultures as it was widespread and common. However, modern science demystified it and de-stigmatized it to the point where the occurrence of leprosy within the population has gone down to very low levels, although it is still prevalent among certain populations.
Prevention of leprosy: Leprosy is caused by the bacterial infection of Mycobacterium leprae and it is classified into multiple types. Leprosy is communicable through contact with common objects or a person by infected droplets within their nose. It primarily affects mucous membranes and the skin and the nerves on the hands, feet, and in extreme cases may cause disfigurement as well. There are no specific ways to prevent leprosy as no specific correlation between transmission and development has been found so far. Leprosy can happen through one time contact or through contact over extended period of time within the same household. Thus preventive measures will primarily include the following:
- Regular checkups by going to the doctor
- Ensuring that surfaces are kept clean if you share a household with a leprosy patient
- Skin biopsies at regular intervals just to check if you may have contracted the bacteria
- If a rash has developed, then it is urgent that you visit the doctor. Earlier the leprosy is detected, quickly it can treated and resolved
Incidences of leprosy have reduced over the last few decades due to improvements in medicine and early detection. This has allowed people to nip the problem in the bud and does not allow it to spread within their bodies or to other people.
Treatment of leprosy: The primary weapon that modern medicine has against leprosy is known as MDT or multidrug therapy. Multidrug therapy is the combination of multiple drugs, which attack the various aspects of leprosy, such as skin problems, nerve damage, loss of sensation, deterioration of skin conditions etc. This is the proven way to not only reduce symptoms, but also cure the problems in the long run.
Some of the drugs in the MDT used are as follows:
- Rifampicin and dapsone
- Rifampicin and clofazimine and dapsone
- Rifampicin, minocycline and ofloxacin
However, the combination will depend on the type of leprosy the person is affected with, such as paucibacillary leprosy or multibacillary leprosy and thus can only be prescribed by the doctor after thorough and detailed examination.