Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Roomki MitraYour feedback matters!
Can you suggest tips to increase concentration. Also I have memory lose. What should I do to over come this.
Due to various reasons I am under a lot of stress. I try moving my mind away from all the things that are actually causing the problem but still there is no solution. I am unable to concentrate on my day to day work. I feel that I am either under stress or depression. Please guide.
Hi doc, when I skip playing notes on guitar I get angry soon by the anger I'm unable to play guitar from professional I become beginner. And the distortion sound does it damage our ear drum?
I am feeling that I am suffering from severe depression. I used to cry often I felt empty and lonely most of time I got angry on silly thing I lost my self in small things and started crying I cant able to focus on anything I dnt wnt to do anything I wnt to die sometimes most of time I wnt to do suicide I am suffering. And being middle class I dnt hav tht much money to afford psychiatrists pls help I am dying.
I am badly suffering from memory problem, the moment I think I have to do this I forget or anybody tells me anything, later I forget about it and very difficulty in remembering things, also not able to concentrate easily, too slow in grasping things, also I get tired very easily, even I sleep well. Please help, I guess these are the symptoms of vitamin B and vitamin D.
How to increase my memory power. Can you pls suggest which vitamin is useful for memory power. And what are the fruits and vegetables should I take. Why I'm asking this question is I'm preparing for competitive field.
I always feel sleepy tired. Even if I try exercise it is not helping me . My mind is in distraction . I am unable to concentrate on studies or anything . My body has become a burden for me. My age is 25 and weight 80 kg , height 5'8" . Even not able to loose my wait. Please somebody help me .
Dear Doc I am in big confusion I am living with my aunt and uncle for better education and sports and I love being with my uncle but his behavior towards own people got changed he abuse me and my aunt and sometimes beat her and in front me I am here nearly a month ago and seeing this all in my front of my eyes I got very scared and depressed please tell me suggest me what should I do will I go back home and live with my mom and dad or I do something else please suggest me please what should I do me and aunt do everything for him but he drinks regularly and don't respect me and my aunt every small work I and don't do for him but he doesn't care and he wants company of his friends he thinks that their friends are very good all are drunker and useless third class. What should I do? What should my aunt do to be free from this situation uncle beat him everyday without a reason, and my aunt is very good she treat me like my own mother I am very much depressed.
I smoke weed marijuana(ganja) I want to know it is good or bad for what and how to clear it form the body what to drink and eat to be healthy and better life.
Hello Doctor, Which I want to share with you that is my inner voice and this thing only I know. actually my topic is I want to die cause of this world .I am a girl and when I read like somebody raped or other brutal thing happened with any girl in this world. I thought this world is not for girls .everybody is monitor on this earth who want to hurt every women in this world .what I say ahead but I feel very suffocate cause of this. today I again read related to this thing again those thoughts coming in my mind and disturbing me very deeply. Ek insan hi dusre insan ka dushmn h yha .there is no humanity in this world. everybody is cruel and heartless. especially men they don't care of women feelings. they only do rape or hurt us. I don't think so that I want to live more. cause of this kind of thing can't be survive in this ruthless world. there all are mean and gaze with monster eyes. What I do?
I feel shivering when I talk with any person and my heart beat get high and when I talk with person for long time then I have to give pressure in my mind to understand. what should i do?
Sir give me the nutritious diet and exercise chart so that my brain start working, m feeling very dull and lazzy. Not even able to concentrate on anything and feels sleepy all day even after a long sleep. Please sir help me please.
I have got some bad feelings somehow. And I got to know that its a panic attack. Will you please let me know how to get rid out of it as soon as possible? I'm not able to handle this bad feelings. I'm scared.
I am suffering from chest pain like middle poking and chest anxiety and below the arm and coughing regularly about 2 years.
My father has started behaving like he does not listen to anyone. He always shouts at my mom with no reasons. He has started stealing the money from our own house. He talks just all senseless. What can be done.
Hi, My son is 4 years old. He is in KG but still reluctant going to school. He has separation anxiety. He still cries in class. He doesn't like to mingle too much with kids and feels nervous in gatherings. He always wants me by his side. Is there something to worry about. Please suggest?
Hello doc. I got very knowledgeable post about 7 dangerous skin effects due to smoking. An I wanna know that what I should do to cure those effects if I quitted smoking. I want to know how to cure bad effects of smoking to my skin. Please answer me.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.