Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roomki Mitra
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Roomki MitraYour feedback matters!
Hi I wanna know 1 thing and that is if any good people always get angry on small things (matters) and due to this he or she sometimes also abuse to his elders then is this signifies that he or she is not good people?
I have high blood pressure and and anxiety crisis due to which my doctor has prescribed amlodac and paxidep 25 .I am under this medication for over 2 years .Is it safe ?
I am 36/m/ind. Weight 69 Suffering from depression like thanatophobia (death anxiety) fear of death lake interest in my hobby, can't work & some symptoms hypochondriasis feeling suffered by serious disease feeling afraid in lonely very poor sleep. please advice me & help me thank problem since last three year.
How to identify you or your loved one might be struggling with Depression?
Most of us have faced the feeling of being weighed down by life's harsh realities and have been sad or low for a long while. It is very common to be upset for some time and most people recover from this feeling and start smiling again in a short span of time. But, if you or any of your loved ones are almost always very sad and this spirit is affecting your daily life considerably, then chances are you might be undergoing a phase of depression.
Here are certain signs to watch out for to determine whether you are struggling with depression.
1. Cultivation of a pessimistic approach about everything in life - You feel a sense of hopelessness and that your situation in life will always be the same without any improvement is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from depression.
2. Sudden variation in weight or appetite - If you suddenly find that you've lost or gained a significant amount of weight without any substantial reason, then chances are high that it is happening because of your depression.
3. A significant change in sleeping patterns - If you've been experiencing insomnia lately or have got a habit of oversleeping, then these might be symptoms of depression.
4. Feeling of guilt without any particular reason - If you have started feeling guilty or constantly blame yourself for everything you've done in the past then the reason behind this may be your state of depression.
5. Anger or irritated mood - Having a low level of tolerance, getting angry quickly or always being in an irritated mood can be a prominent sign of depression.
6. Displaying an uninteresting behaviour towards regular activities - If you no longer feel pleasure in pursuing your favourite activities or things from daily life like hobbies; socialising doesn't interest you anymore then it can be a warning sign for you. In such cases, you can visit a psychiatrist to get treatment for depression.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?
Sir, My father has diagnosed with thyroid calcification nodule, and suffering with cough & voice hoarseness since last two month so please suggest what we do now?
I am 42 years old. I was suffering from social anxiety (especially during important event, interview, presentation etc). Currently i'm taking SERTA 100 mg from last 2 years, my condition is improved during this time but sometimes I am still experiencing anxiety/ stiffness in jaw, tongue, toes / shivering of hand while writing etc. please suggest.
The field of positive psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is" gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to have an attitude of gratitude?
1) be mindful of what you have - being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) keep a gratitude journal - every night before going to bed, write down" what was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) reframe challenging situations - it's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that" I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) practice saying thank you - it's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say'thank you. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) focus your attention outwards - according to emmons, a us psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on" consult privately.