Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Roomki MitraYour feedback matters!
I'm roit, I'm very much addicted to social networking sites. Due to this I'm facing serious problems. I'm unable to concentrate on my studies. How to over come from this problem?
I am not able to recall any thing fast ie formulae, concept and easily tensed or tired what region behind it I suffer from this problem and not handle pressure in exams is any thing wrong suggest?
I have quite short tempered. I get angry over little little things. And then keep thinking about that matter. I get distracted very easily. I have a constant fear of losing my loved ones. How can I stay calm and optimistic? I want to focus in my studies as I am into BDS profession.
How to concentrate in study I can't able to concentrate I know here I will get ans from real doctors.
Now a days I feel very stress full .I feel my head is occupied with many thing its got overloaded sometimes I also feel it will get burst and due to this I can't concentrate on my studies .plz help me out its really urgent for me .and I can't swallow up medicine I had tried many time BT I can't so please try not to advice any capsule .and I have heard yoga can cure my problem BT how and which asan I had to do .please help . My age 20 .
I lost somebody very close to me and I fell very depressed from last year if you have any suggest please help me.
Nowadays, drug abuse is a universally condemned action such that selling certain drugs are illegal. Children are not allowed to take drugs until they reach a certain age such as 21 for most states in India. Lots of problems start occurring when you are addicted to a certain drug. It is also nearly impossible to stop since the nerve cells change the way they function due to drugs.
These nerve cells overstimulate the 'reward circuit' of the brain. This means that your brain constantly needs to be 'rewarded' and this reward comes in the form of drugs. There are many reasons why people become addicts and here are some of them.
- People want to get high: This is perhaps the most common reason why people become drug addicts. The moment they take in one drug, they love the feeling they get so much that they keep wanting to go back to it.
- People want to fit in: This is also a very common reason. When all your friends and perhaps even your bosses and other superiors are taking drugs, you do not want to feel left out or ostracized by your friend group. This is why many people start taking drugs.
- Unintentionally taking drugs due to injuries or medical conditions: Sometimes a doctor prescribes a medicine for a certain time period but it does not work or works too well and so you keep taking the drug so that you will feel better. This happens more often than you think.
- People take drugs to relieve stress: This is another very common reason why people take drugs. You may easily rationalize with them thinking that taking drugs is a good way to relax from work and family pressures. However, the long term effects of taking drugs are much worse than the stress.
- Boredom from daily life: In young teens and adolescents especially, life can be so boring that they want to try something new and thus resort to drug abuse.