Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Roomki MitraYour feedback matters!
Procrastination is a way of sabotaging oneself by putting off activities and delaying success. This is an emotional and mental obstacle that many people face in varying degrees. So here is everything you need to know about procrastination.
- It becomes a lifestyle: As per medical research, about 20% of the people who procrastinate, have been doing it on a chronic basis and can now safely say that this is a lifestyle and not just a habit that one has fallen prey to.
- It is cultivated: Contrary to popular belief, procrastination is not something that anyone is born with. It is cultivated with constant inaction over a period of years, which also includes the act of making excuses to put off a task.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In many cases, procrastinators will end up enjoying higher consumption of alcohol than their contemporaries. This may be done to alleviate boredom before the excessive consumption becomes a habit, which further dulls the senses.
- Hiding from the truth: It has been seen that procrastinators often lie to themselves or hide the truth about their problem by making mindless excuses, which do not actually exist. They are chronic liars who come to believe their lies, which can give rise to even more severe behavioural issues.
- Distractions: Most people who procrastinate will look for distractions that will keep them from doing their work properly. This may include watching television or eating, or even doing mindless chores that are not important.
- Focus: Many of these procrastinators have problems when it comes to focusing and finding solutions for various tasks. They cannot prioritise and put their mind to a certain task, which also prevents them from understanding the requirements for completing that task.
- Avoiders: These types of procrastinators usually avoid doing the tasks that will lead them to success. They do not make the effort to carry out the necessary tasks in a proper manner.
- Decisional procrastinators: These kind of procrastinators simply cannot find the motivation to take a decision that will change the direction of their lives by putting one step in front of the other on a daily basis.
- Cost of procrastination: There is a huge cost that is borne by these kinds of people in the long run. While missing deadlines, losing jobs and not graduating from college are just some of the consequences, many of them also come down with a plethora of health conditions including gastrointestinal diseases.
- Therapy for procrastination: The best way to transform a procrastinator is with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy, which can help in reprogramming the brain with fruitful, guided discussions and internal dialogues. This kind of therapy works well in the long run.
How to take Bovista 30 liquid? Should I mix it with water and take or directly? What would be dosage? I have mild stammering so I have purchased Bovista 30 liquid medicine please answer by question!
Sir, I have a problem regarding excessive sweating. Even if everybody feels a cool weather I start sweating. I leave in Kolkata which is normally a very humid area. And I also belongs to a veg Hindu family.
I learnt smoking few years back since that time it was good now I feel dangerous about it and i'm not able to stop smoking. So please help me out of this.
I was a marijuana user after using it for over 5 years I started experiencing strange things like hearing voices and felling that people are talking about me. I consulted a doc and he diagnosed with substance induced psychosis and prescribed me with medication however after taking these medicines for over 2.5 years im feeling better now. Some of the medicines which I take are sizdon pactine solian depakote. Now im off such symptoms however im not able to focus on a single job I lose it in the training itself I basically do not understand the training and will not be able to focus concentrate or understand things during training. I have swapped over 20 jobs just attending training pls give me a solution. And if I start smoking marijuana again will it affect my mental health?
I started forgetting names and many other things is recent past. I am looking for a solution for this problem.
Hi, I am trying to be a normal person and I am in love, but I am very worried that I am behaving very different like suspicious and doubtful. I know that I don't have to worry about her behavior but from my inside some devils comes out and forcing me to think bad about our relationship. I'm helpless what should i do ?
I have abnormal behaviour. I bcome blank wen I see into the eyes of others.i cant undestand what the other person is saying just avoiding. It also shows loss of confidence.its true that I feared to talk to anybody.isolated from others in fear that If I will talk I will behave differently which I dnt want to do but it happens. It has been happening from a very long time.since I was a student bt nw I dont want to remain like this.pls help me and show me right direction
My son is 4 years old , he can not speak properly , when we ask any questions to him he repeated same questions , his teacher says his behaviour is not like others children , please consult.
I want to achieve my goals but l got anxiety and panic attacks so what should l do? And also l want make more strong to my will power ,plz tell me what should l do to get rid off it?
Depression is a very common phenomenon in contemporary times. It mostly affects those in their teenage and even those who are in their early thirties. Depression can be caused due to many reasons and must be treated quickly to prevent it from turning into a chronic illness with other side effects. Common symptoms of depression include less socialising, less talking with people and sitting at home or locked behind doors for long duration. At times, one even reduces the intake of food and remains in an agitated mood for a long period of time. When it becomes severe cases, medicines need to be administered to the patients to bring them out of their depression.
The interesting part of this condition is that the patient sometimes knows that he/she is suffering from depression and should try to get out of it.
Homeopathy for Depression and Anxiety
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat depression and anxiety but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several medicines are available for depression treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the commonly indicated homeopathic medicines are listed here:
Aurum Metallicum- This medicine helps recover from deep-seated depression. The patient requiring this medicine is likely to have lost interest in life. There is a sense of loathing for life, lack of joy, loss of smile, loss of hope. He may have seen a very hectic and even successful career; and due to some triggers, there would be a U-turn and the person falls into deep valley of depression.
Manganese- This metal medicine has ample of gloominess, depression and sadness.
Here are some of the tips and tricks of coping with depression:
Overcome your thoughts with positivity: When in depression, one feels lethargic, is overcome by negative thoughts and cannot focus on doing anything. This needs to be challenged and battled with. During this time, you need to repeatedly convince yourself that there will good and bad times and there is always a way to deal with it. The bad phase would disappear just as it had come, and there is no point sulking on it now. Don’t let the negativity lead to more depression, as a healthy person still lives inside you.
Get fresh air daily: Going out for a walk or even sitting in the balcony to get some fresh air and morning sunlight can do wonders when you are suffering from depression. Light slowly eats away the darkness in you and helps you see the positive side of things.
Eat healthy food: There is a tendency to either give up on food or to eat a lot of junk food like pizza, chocolate and ice cream during this phase. This must be avoided. What is seen as depression eating is actually binge eating and can have serious consequences on your health and weight. Instead, healthy and regular meals should be eaten and meals should not be skipped at all.
- Stay connected: You must stay connected with people, even if it means bringing a forced smile on your face. This can do wonders in helping you cope with your depression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.