Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roma BansalYour feedback matters!
During dry sex (rubbing around vagina without entering penis inside vagina) IF one ejaculated near the vagina then what are the chances of pregnancy and if it is there then what will b step to avoid pregnancy where 8 days happened to this event?
My boyfriend doesn't show sexual interest in me often. I can seduce him and still get no response. We could go two weeks without being intimate and he wouldn't say he misses me. What could be the problem? It makes me feel unattractive and unwanted. I get excited when other men give me attention or get interested in me because he does not. I love him and I wouldn't want to cheat. Please help.
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Treatment for painful intercourse:
Dyspareunia is painful sexual intercourse due to medical or psychological causes. The pain can primarily be on the external surface of the genitalia, or deeper in the pelvis upon deep pressure against the cervix. It can affect a small portion of the vulva or vagina or be felt all over the surface. Understanding the duration, location, and nature of the pain is important in identifying the causes of the pain.
Numerous physical, psychological, and social or relationship causes can contribute to pain during sexual encounters.
Underlying causes determine treatment. Many women experience relief when physical causes are identified and treated.
The treatment for pain with intercourse depends on what is causing the pain. After proper diagnosis one or more treatments for specific causes may be necessary.
For pain due to yeast or fungal infections, a clinician may prescribe mycogen cream (nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide), which treats both a yeast infection and associated painful inflammation and itching because it contains both an antifungal and a steroid.
For pain thought due to post-menopausal vaginal dryness, estrogen treatment can be used.
For women with diagnostic criteria for endometriosis, medications or surgery are possible options.
In addition, the following may reduce discomfort with intercourse:
Both of you shave the pubic region regularly.
Use vaginal vibrator.
Also, add pleasant, sexually exciting experiences to your regular interactions, such as bathing together (in which the primary goal is not cleanliness), or mutual caressing without intercourse. In couples where a woman is preparing to receive vaginal intercourse, such activities tend to increase both natural lubrication and vaginal dilation, both of which decrease friction and pain. Prior to intercourse, oral sex may relax and lubricate the vagina.
Apply water-soluble sexual or surgical lubricant during intercourse. Discourage petroleum jelly. Lubricant should be liberally applied (two tablespoons full) to both the penis and the orifice. A folded bath towel under the receiving partner's hips helps prevent spillage on bedclothes.
Ask your partner to control the insertion by her hand.
For those who have pain on deep penetration because of pelvic injury or disease, recommend a change in coital position to one with less penetration. In women receiving vaginal penetration: maximum vaginal penetration is achieved when the receiving woman lies on her back with her pelvis rolled up off the bed, compressing her thighs tightly against her chest with her calves over the penetrating partner's shoulders. Minimal penetration occurs when a receiving woman lies on her back with her legs extended flat on the bed and close together while her partner's legs straddle hers.
I am 43 years old having period on 24march. But I had unprotected intercourse in 2nd April. I'm worried is it a chance for conceive? What can I do to not conceive? I have regular 28 days menstrual cycle. please help.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!
My mom small got a tumor on her breast before 1 year and her age 50 years 68 kgs we visited doctor and its been cleaned for 1 years its normal no problem but know she is losing her weight and its paining again I am worried alot what tests to be done to know about the concern problem. Please its my humble request suggest me best of best thank you sir/mam.
Viagra is a very common drug prescribed for treating erectile dysfunction. It works by enhancing the flow of blood to the penis during sexual intercourse to bring about erection. Viagra actually contains the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which is a selective inhibitor of Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5).
This drug works efficiently with sexual stimulation. Erectile dysfunction is very common among older men whose sexual function tends to fall after they reach their 50s. But these days even younger men in their 30's and 40's are experiencing an increased incidence of erectile dysfunction.
Doctors can even recommend the drug to both younger and elder men who suffer from erection problems.
Solidification of the arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis, can occur during the teen years. The problem then develops by the time they reach the age of 20-30 years and more, hindering their ability to get and maintain an erection. Men suffering from diabetes and facing the problem of Erectile dysfunction can be assisted by this drug.
The drug should be ideally taken an hour before the sexual intercourse.
On the other hand, you can also take Viagra half an hour to 4 hours before the sexual intercourse. You don't require having food in order to take the drug. But you need to keep in mind that if you take it after a meal high in fats, it can take a little bit longer for you to experience its effects.
Most importantly, the misuse of Viagra should be avoided. It should be taken only under medical supervision. The drug doesn't have the power to help you ejaculate easily if you suffer from problems related to orgasm or even enhance your sexual appetite. It does not enhance sexual timing, so should not be used to treat premature ejaculation. Men also shouldn't expect the drug to take the erections to unexpected heights.
Word of Caution:
One should never take the drug for recreational purposes. One can end up suffering from minor erectile dysfunction due such abuse. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello in pregnancy ecosprin 75 mg is prescribed for only few weeks or for full 9 months. Pls advice I was 10 weeks pregnant and when I came for the ultrasound there was no heartbeat of baby. And I had D&C on 20th june .2 doctors told me to take ecosprin but one of my frd she is also doctor she said ecosprin hi not advisable for pregnant ladies. What to do pls advise whenever I will get pregnant again I will take care of all these thing .and pls advise me best gain in gurgaon.
I am 31 year old . I have issue from last 2 year. From this I have issue to conceive. Kindly help me to solve this.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels- The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter 10 days ago but now her bleeding start so I wanted to know it's a normal bleeding or anything else and how much time it will be continue to bleed because someone said that it will be continue bleeding for months.
I m 27 years, I m pregnant for the first time I suffering from cold and cough which leading to vomiting n doctors advise me not to take other medicine for cold and cough so kindly suggest me.
I am 18 n on birthcontrol pills since 7 months. I had sex today on the 7th day of my period. Though ders no flow. However I think he had ejaculated inside. Will I be pregnant?!
In march I can take Ipill after sex so that my period date change nd comes in 19 march, Although my period date is 11 march, now its 21 april still my periods not come, I checked on 18 april in preganews nd it show negative result. So I want to ask that jus becoz of ipill my dates are irregular in this month tooo. please tell.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is time to think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill effects of these snacks all around us. This is where snacks like fox nuts are gaining popularity. Grown in the wetlands of Asian countries, they are also known as phool makhana (because of their flowery appearance) and lotus seeds.
They are a great snack and have multiple benefits. Read on to know about this wonderful, economical, tasty, and healthy dish.
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content makes them very useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in the pregnant mother
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical, and has little hazards on your health, grab a bowl of fox nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.