Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. RojiYour feedback matters!
I had a sex with my girlfriend on 6th of this month and estimated 1st day of her periods was 8th of this month but today is 13th and she has still not got her periods. The pregnancy test kit results were negative. Please suggest that what to do further.
I am now 36 years old. When I was about 20 years I felt pain in my penis on erection. I had not consulted any doctor but after 2-3 months pain of penis automatically cured. Due to that pain right side vain of my penis had shrinked and my penis became right side curved and my penis became smaller than earlier. Root of my penis also shrinked at that time and top side became thicker than root. Till now I have not consulted any doctor. I am also habitat of handsex from childhood. I was married at 30 years and also I have a 5 years old son. But till now I have not satisfied during intercourse because my ejaculation occurs only after 5-6 movement of penis in vagina. My penis is too shortened slim that my wife cannot feel when it goes inside vagina. I want to cure my penis and increase size at least 6-7 inches and thigh so that my wife and me can fully satisfy our sex life. Please say what to do?
My periods date is delaying this month. Am not pregnant but my periods are delayed. Wat is the issue in it. How can I overcome with home remedies. Am confused for this reasonless delay as am. Not pregnant.
Hello doctor my is suffering with monthly periods with irregularities kindly help me, we have some many doctors but the problem continues.
Is white water discharge leads to back pain or stress or lower abdomen pain by chance and why is it so?
My sister is 25 years old marry last month they are not succeed full sex partially they are success her problem is she is not sure that last time they are succeed and she has fear that she is pregnant and she wants to test by prega news is she is confuse after how many days she took test? and how to do successful sex?
I am 26 yr, old,my height 5'6" weight 85. I am, suffering pcos and irregular period, weight gain. please suggest a daily diet. For control it.
The field of Ayurveda treats a variety of ailments by diagnosing conditions that are not otherwise recognised by modern day medicinal systems. One of these conditions or concepts is Ama or mild toxin. Improper digestions, stress, pollution, a bad diet can all cause toxins to build in our body. This is why periodic internal cleansing is very much advised in Ayurveda. Anything which is not completely processed is known as Ama.
Now let's look at ways on how you can prevent the build-up of Ama in your body:
- Overeating and Indigestion: One of the best ways to avoid Ama build up is to keep oneself from overeating. Also, as per Ayurveda, one must not sit down for a meal before the previous meal is digested. Also, emotional eating leads to overeating and all kinds of unhealthy food including excessive sweets, fried and fatty food. Also, one must eat meals at the same time every day and avoid skipping meals in order to ensure that an irregular digestive system does not end up producing Ama in the body.
- Diet: One needs to ensure that the dietary intake is made up of healthy foods. In order to avoid Ama build up, you will also need to eliminate food that is difficult to digest including aerated drinks, food and drinks that are taken at extremely cold temperatures including ice cold water and ice cream. This usually puts out the digestive fires which keep the digestion going.
- Meditation: Practicing transcendental meditation is a good way of keeping Ama at bay. Transcendental meditation is a state of being in one's deepest sense of awareness. It is a simple meditative technique that helps you remain well balanced with just 20 minutes of practice every day. This method is known to prevent ailments in the body through its function of awareness.
- Exercise and Sleep: Some amount of exercise is required by every human body. This also helps in preventing Ama. Exercise keeps the metabolism and digestive system in peak and active form. Indulging in light to moderate exercise ensures that you sweat and flush out the unnecessary toxins of the body, even as you work up an appetite for food which ensures healthy eating. Sleep is equally important in reducing Ama as well.
Sleep, exercise, proper eating habits and a patch of meditation every day are some of the various ways that can aid the blocking and reduction of Ama.
Related Tip: Treating Sinusitis with Ayurveda ?
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. They are healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, even in the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber,which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits
Food additive advantages
Some additives improve or maintain the food's nutritive value. Vitamins a, c, d, e, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folic acid, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide and iron are often added to foods such as flour, bread, biscuits, breakfast cereals, pasta, margarine, milk, iodized salt and gelatin desserts. Instead of vitamin c, you may see ascorbic acid listed. Alpha-tocopherol is another name for vitamin e, and beta carotene is a source of vitamin a. In addition to providing nutrients, food additives can help reduce spoilage, improve the appearance of foods and increase the availability of a variety of foods throughout the year.
Food additive disadvantages
Some food additives can potentially cause harmful side effects. For example, butylated hydroxyanisole, commonly known as bha, is a preservative used in foods including potato chips, crackers, beer, baked goods and cereal. It has been classified by the u. S. Department of health and human services as a preservative" reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen" sulfites, which are added to baked goods, wine, condiments and snack foods, could cause hives, nausea, diarrhea and shortness of breath in some people.
Colors are additives, too
Coloring, in the form of dyes, pigments or other substances, is technically considered a food additive. These substances are often used to enhance color that's lost due to storage or processing. Pigments derived from natural sources, such as vegetables, minerals or animals, are exempt from certification. Man-made colors require testing by both the manufacturer and the fda to ensure they meet specific guidelines for purity.
Artificial preservatives can help your food last longer without becoming contaminated with food-borne illnesses, which is the reason they're found in so many different processed foods. Although all artificial preservatives used in the united states have been deemed" generally recognized as safe" by the u. S. Food and drug administration, not all of these additives are 100-percent safe for everyone. Some preservatives are associated with adverse effects, which can involve an unpleasant reaction in people sensitive to a particular additive or a potential increased risk for cancer.
Artificial preservatives may act as antioxidants, make food more acidic, reduce the moisture level of food, slow down the ripening process and prevent the growth of microorganisms, all of which help the food last longer. This means you can make fewer trips to the store and have less food waste because the preservatives help minimize the amount of food you buy that goes bad before you can eat it.
Limiting foodborne illnesses
Approximately one out of every six americans get a foodborne illness each year, according to the centers for disease control and prevention. Without artificial preservatives to limit the spread of the organisms that cause these illnesses, this number might be even higher. Some of these illnesses, such as botulism, can be deadly.
Potential adverse reactions
Certain preservatives, including sulfites and sodium benzoate, may cause adverse reactions in a small percentage of the population. Sulfites help limit the growth of bacteria in wine and the discoloration of dried fruit, but can cause potentially deadly allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, including rashes, low blood pressure, diarrhea, flushing, abdominal pain, asthmatic reactions and anaphylactic shock. Sodium benzoate, also called benzoic acid, is used in acidic foods to keep microorganisms from growing. In sensitive individuals, it can cause asthma, hives.
Increased cancer risk
Although sodium benzoate is usually considered safe for people who aren't sensitive to it, when combined with ascorbic acid in acidic foods it can produce benzene, which may slightly increase your risk for leukemia and other types of cancer, according to the center for science in the public interest. Nitrates and nitrites, which are often used to preserve cured meats, such as lunch meat and hot dogs, may also increase your risk for certain types of cancers, according to the u. S. Environmental protection agency.
Hi am married am suffering a white passing after periods time also entire day I met a doctor so they have provided a tabs no use. While passing this even am not able to stand for more time. Please suggest me something to cured.
Regular 3 or 4 days sex bleeding from vagina a girl age of 22 years what reason behind it and what medicine take please advice me.
I had sex with my bf in may 21 and got my periods on 26th May. My due date is 24. After that I got my periods regularly in June, July, August. But this month still I don't get periods even 2 days after my due. Before some days I had spotting 2 weeks back and now I have little thick white discharge, had mild lower abdominal pain. Note: I am having right ovarian cyst and pcos for past 1 and half yrs. My question is still do I have chance of being pregnant. please help me. Going mad because of this.
Dear Dr. My wife got an itching and burning sensation at the outer lip of vagina from few days. Yesterday she used candiderma cream which had caused her internal pain as it seems the cream has gone in side deep vaginal area during sleep. Two things Dr. If you may help us with. First is can you suggest a good ointment or cream which can be used in side or tip of vagina. Second she used candiderma cream once will it make any harm? Thanks for hearing.
Connect - With people around you. With family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors. Building connections will enrich and support you every day
Be active - Go for a walk or run. Step outside. Garden. Dance. Exercising makes you feel good. Find a physical activity you enjoy and that suits your level of mobility and fitness
Take notice - Be curious. Catch sight of the beautiful. Remark on the unusual Notice the changing seasons. Savor the moment, whether you are walking to work or eating lunch .Be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters to you
Keep learning - Try something new. Rediscover an old interest. Take on a different responsibility at work. Learn to cook your favorite food. Set a challenge you will enjoy achieving. Learning new things will give you confidence as well as being fun
Give - Do something nice for a friend or a stranger.Thank someone. Smile. Volunteer your time. Look out, as well as in. Seeing yourself, and your happiness, linked to the wider community can be incredibly rewarding