Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohtas Kr. Sharma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rohtas Kr. SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have a overactive bladder. I cannot sleep even if there is one drop of urine in my bladder .It constantly tickles while lying on bed. I do not feel urge to urinate in day time and even I can control it at night (if I have already slept) and in day time. Also, during my exam time, when I am writing down my exam, there is constant urge to urinate.
Can having high protein source cause Kidney stones and liver damage? Can drinking loads of water solve my problem?
The kidney is a vital organ that regulates the levels of fluids, minerals, salts, and other such substances in our body and when this balance gets disrupted, it results in the formation of Kidney stones. This problem is medically known as Nephrolithiasis and can cause pain when the stone moves about the urinary tract.
Types of Kidney Stones
There are several types of kidney stones and knowing the same can help in determining the cause and offer a valuable insight into how to get rid of them. The common variants of kidney stones are:
- Calcium stones- This is the most common type of kidney stones which are usually found in the form of calcium oxalate. It is a natural substance available in foods and also produced daily by the liver. Certain fruits, nuts, vegetables, and chocolate have high oxalate content. High doses of vitamin D, metabolic disorders, and intestinal bypass surgery can increase the concentration in the urine.
- Struvite stones- This type of kidney stones form in response to infection, and they can grow fast and become large in size within a short span of time with few or no symptoms.
- Cysteine stones- When a person has a hereditary disorder causing the kidneys to give out too much of amino acids or cystinuria, then cysteine stones start forming.
- Uric acid stones- When a person does not drink enough amount of water or lose too much fluid or eat a high amount of protein on a regular basis then he or she may have uric acid stones.
Causes and Risk Factors
Kidney stones tend to have no definite or a particular cause even though numerous risk factors can surge the risks. Kidney stones are formed when the urine contains an excessive amount of crystal-forming substances including uric acid, oxalate, and calcium. Also, when urine lacks the crucial substances which may prevent the crystals from sticking together, the formation of kidney stones can occur.
A person with a family history of this problem is likely to have kidney stones. Other risk factors include dehydration, certain diets, obesity, digestive diseases, surgeries, and other medical conditions such as renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria, and hyperparathyroidism.
Lifestyle changes recommended to improve the situation
Lifestyle changes can indeed dramatically reduce the occurrence of kidney stones.
- Drinking more fluids can reduce the recurrence of stones by 40% and risk is reduced by 80%. Also, the urinary system is healthy and is flushed out of toxic chemicals.
- Follow a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce salt, sugar, and animal protein.
- Limit the consumption of foods with high oxalate content. If you have calcium oxalate stones restrict foods rich in oxalates like beets, okra, spinach, sweet potatoes, nuts, tea, chocolate, black pepper and soy products.
How Homoeopathy is beneficial to break down Kidney stones?
Although Kidney stones are considered a case of surgery, but with Homoeopathic medicines we can break down and dissolve Kidney stones and help to pass the dissolved stone without surgical intervention. Not only does Homoeopathy treat Kidney stones, it also has shown remarkable results in treating the recurrent tendency towards formation of kidney stones. Homoeopathic medicines beneficial to treat kidney stones are: Lycopodium, Berberis.vulgaris, Sarsaparilla, Cantharis and Hydrangea to name a few. These medicines should be taken under the guidance of a qualified Homoeopath.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!