Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit NandaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am aged 64 and so fear was having good eye sight (minimum powered specs were using) last threemonths one of the eye (left) had cataract, and on the advice got eye surgery with reputed eye surgeon and advised me go for multifocal lens, Now it is fifthday and continuing the eye drops, my query is up to how many days this will go and when will my eye sight will return to normalcy. With multifocal lens is it necessary to wear specs for reading, I had left eye with short sight and right one long sight (not much powered), is this was necessary to get surgery or without surgery was there any other method for restoring eye sight? Pl advise. Omprakash chavan, bangalore. E mail omprakash. Chavan315@gmail.com.
I cry a lot and whenever I do, I go through moderate to severe headache, sometimes accompanied by eye pain and dizziness. What can be its reason?
Soak few basil leaves overnight strain the mixture in the morning and wash your eyes with it.
My eyes are so much stressed because of using Mobiles and laptop sir. So is there any other alternative to reduce my eye pain or any medicine.
I want to do Lasik operation for eyes.Are there any major side effects which occur mostly during or after this operation.
I am having sudden spots near the eyes, firstly it was itching then became spot and now that spots are not going what to do.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.