Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit AroraYour feedback matters!
Hi my baby girl is 10 months old she is suffering from urinary infection for last 3 weeks, she had fever too, but now she is not have fever but urine report and culture report shows she have infection, we give current tablet and heflaxin syrup to her but still she have infection please recommend some good medicines to cure urine infection fastly because after infection she is always crying and dull pls suggest me.
My 1.5 month son is spitting (foamy) too much and is taking out much milk from nose and mouth. I am much worried. Please guide.
There is a baby, 6 days old. 3 days ago, he started crying, family took him to a doctor, and doctor provided the baby with some medicine. Due to which the baby slept. Now it's 3 days that the baby is still sleeping, though all body parts are functioning alright. Some doctor is saying that it is brain fever, can be treated only after Baby comes out of sleep. Baby is admitted and is on Oxygen mask. Please Guide.
My baby is 9 months old ,can I start giving him non vegetarian foods. Will it give him digestion? Can I give him health mix if yes, what are ingredients that are to added in it?
My 6 years girl getting breast pain one side and they are bit big in size compared to other, please guide me whether I have see Gynecology or pediatrics. Appreciate your early reply.
My son is 5 years since 1 week he is suffering from fiver doctor told it's flu given medicine some time fiver is high after few hours it's become normal wat should I do please advice.
I have a one year old baby girl at home recently I have bought two cats of Turkish angora breed I want to know if they cause problems like asthma or any other problem because the cats looses too much hair and it could be seen everywhere in the house even on the kitchen utensils. Are these cats not good for the baby or can I keep them, the baby finds them very amusing and plays with them even touch them very often.
Hello Dr. My 2 months old son is allergic to lactose and fructose. .now he is on soy formula zerolac But I have seen a lot of side effects of soy famula milk please tell me in detail what is I do now? ?
My six years old son has been passing stool in clothes in day as well as in night. We have consulted more than doctors but no result. Please tell us the possible cause of this?
Hi, My daughter is 16 months old and she has 4 upper teeth and 4 lower teeth and one of the upper teeth little black color is to afraid about that please tell me reason.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the airways.
symptoms are wheeze, cough, breathing difficulty.
Asthma is a controllable disease.
asthma can be diagnosed based on history & Pulmonary function test.
Inhaled drugs are the best choice for asthma.
Inhaled drugs are safe and practically have no side effects.
Asthma symptoms are variable.
regular follow-up is required to titrate the drugs.