Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit AroraYour feedback matters!
My 5 years daughter is suffering from scabies as diagnosed by dermatologist, tried with gamma benzene hexachloride & centromere lotions as directed by doctors even after 15 days the symptoms have worsen kindly help.
My 3 month old son had cough and congestion from past 6 days. He is being given Mox CV and Mucolite, along with nasal drops. I noticed wheezing sound and phlegm is stuck in his throat, doesn't seem to go. I am worried he will choke on it. Please help.
My daughter was 10 months old. Her weight is 6.7. She is soo active, but the problem is not gaining properly. Her birth weight is 2.4.Wat was the food to feed her to gain weight.
My 4 months baby girl suffering from diarrhea for last 15 days after rotavirus & opv3, dtwp3, hib3 vaccination what should I do? Already consulted pediatrician, they gave econorm sachet & toxim o antibiotic. What should I do now?
My son is now 6 and half months old. He can not hold his head for long time. He can able to turn to his back but not able to crawl. Is it normal.
I have baby of 19 months. One month ago, I stop breast feeding but there is milk. Its less but no stop. What I can do?
My baby is 7 months old. She is having lots of prickly heat rashes on her body all over the body. I don't knw which powder to use. Please suggest me a good baby prickly heat powder for her to cure fast.
My 11 year old daughter's weight is 47 kgs. She often suffers from tonsillitis along with fever. Mostly I try not to give her antibiotics. But when she takes antibiotic like clavalunate 625 mg, she gets frequent vomiting inspite of giving her rancid or aciloc or pantocid. Is this doze ok (prescribed by doctor? Also I want to know whether it's true or not that ciprofloxacin is not safe for kids under 14 years of age.
My baby's age is 8 months old. He prefers only breastfeed milk. He is not preferred bottle milk. How to avoid to give breast milk. How to give bottle milk. I am suffering from nipple cracks and milk is not coming blood is coming. What I have to do to give bottle feeding.
I am having dry cough since 15 days. I took Telekast L tablet thinking that the cough would be because of dust as I am allergic to dust, but no use. Now I took one Alkof cough gel tablet, but still there is no use. Now I am having pain in left throat when I swallow. Please advice me some medications. Thank You.
My son is 1.3 years old. He is having a bad habit of eating food while watching tv or providing any tool to play with. Beside this its quite tough to make him eat. Also he found difficulty and cry during potty. What should we do?
My 4 months old daughter is crying every day and night with only few hours of rest. Please suggest the remedy for this cause.
My child of 4 yrs have repeated c/o headache. At the age of 1 & 1/2 yrs, he suffered from a 3 inch wound due to hitting of a swing. No symptoms of vomitting like thenafter, but nowa days he recurrantly c/o headache. Please guide me for that.
My sister's baby girl is having little temperature from last three days and their family were still giving bath to the baby. Today after bath baby was not properly behaving as always. And yesterday baby was also taken out at 5: 00pm. And also during feeding the baby is removing some milk out from her mouth. We visited a doctor today. Doctor said it is usual and gave drops of viral infection. What would you recommend. Any test?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
Children have never been good at listening to their elders but they have never failed to imitate them. Best way to effectively teach children something is by being a role model to your kid. Kids want to know there is a shared journey. Elders shouldn’t do the same stuff they deny.