Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohan DiwakarYour feedback matters!
From last 15.16 days on my face. Cheeks are getting puffy and swelling. Had taken medicine also but no any improvement there is no any teeth pain or any kind of pain thank also face are getting bigger and puffy swelling. Please help. Also m gaining weight.Please help sir .
Lower jaw getting locked while opening mouth but it does not pain and some kind of locking sound appears.
Mere muh me or tongue me ulcer rehte hai last two year se Tongue ka biopsee test ho chuka hai report normal hai but problem as it is hai kya karun. Mai shudh sakahari hun koi nasha nahin karta hun chay bhi kabhi kabhi pita hun.
I am having pain in my teeth from last few days and blood also coming from it. What should I do to overcome it?
I am 21 years male. I have bleeding problem from gums (6 months. What is the problem and how to overcome it?
Recently I cleaned my teeth in dental hospital but eventhough my teeth is not so as white. How to remove yellow sadness in teeth? Using tooth polish will help or not?
My teeth is paining from last 4 days now doing root canal which cap is best solution metal or ceramic and what will be cost for the same.
I usually have small amount of blood in my teeth during brushing them. Sometime I have little bit of pain in the teeth.
I have yellowish teeth and bad breath is coming. Please suggest me how to get rid of this yellowish teeth as soon as possible.
I have recession in my lower teeth, what should I go for in order to prevent further recession and for strengthening and regrowth of gums so that they don't shake because I dont want to lose my teeth.
Tip of the day:
Start your child to brush with the help of finger brushes without any toothpaste at 9 to 10 months of age, playfully while giving him/her a bath. This way the child gets used to an idea of a brush and does not shy away from brushing later on.
Toothpaste to be initiated after 1 year of age - we have special toothpastes for kids available - preferably non -foaming types to be used.
At 1 year of age to 1 year 6 months - 1/4 th the pea size toothpaste to be applied into the bristles of the brush.
upto 2 yrs - 1/2 pea size toothpaste to be applied.
Never wet the brush before brusing - the paste becomes foamy and that irritates and gags the child resulting in the child developing phobia or aversion to toothbrushing - resulting in enhanced decay of teeth later on at 3 yrs and adolescence!
Pls tell me I am suffering from gum bleeding when brushing more dan four year I was taking treatment but no longer helpful when treatment stop bleeding start when brushing.
Dear sir/madam, My sis is suffering from moth ulcer from past 7 days and she had stomachache also and having loose motions too. What is the possible reasons for these disorders.
I am always troubled by tooth ache as soon as I eat chocolate or sweets. Tough I brush twice a day I m not satisfied with it. Please help me to sought out this problem.
I am 67 yr male weighing 76kg height 5'6' with generally sound health. For the past 3 months I am not enjoying my food because of bitter taste, no matter what I eat. This is prominent in chewing on right side of my mouth. I also have problem of dry mouth and rough tounge quite frequently. Please advice about causes and remedies. Thanks.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.