Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. RK Roy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. RK RoyYour feedback matters!
I have done unprotected sex with my gf on 28/10/16 just after her periods ended and gave her unwanted 72 pill but now after one week she is having small amount of regular bleeding. Three days have been passed but the bleeding is still going on. I do not want her to be pregnant.
Hi, I'm an asthma patient since childhood and still I'm having problems related to breath & all, I'm taking asthalin Inhaler on daily basis (around 7-8 doses everyday whenever I feel chest wheezing or breathing problem) I want to ask that will asthma can be cure at this age (24), What should I do because I think somewhere I'm not taking proper care of myself. Please suggest Thanks.
Hi Dr. I am just 17 years old. I had a desire to masturbate always. Help me to get rid of this problem. I don't want to masturbate anymore. So help me. Sir.
Has your child been coughing frequently lately? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly, and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
The different modes of asthma diagnosis are as follows:
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Erectile dysfunction refers to the situation when a man has difficulty in getting a firm erection or an erection, which is required to achieve sexual penetration. Several cases of erectile dysfunction can cause impotency in a man.
- A problem in the blood flow, proper hormone secretion and nervous supply in the body may cause erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction also happens due to vascular causes along with neurological causes.
- Arthrosclerosis is a disease which often leads to erectile dysfunction. This disease is commonly caused because of smoking and diabetes. The arteries to the penis become narrow and clogged and erectile dysfunction occurs.
- Neuropathy caused due to diabetes, known as diabetic neuropathy, is a primary neurological cause of erectile dysfunction. Nerve damage on account of surgery around the pelvis area may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- High blood pressure or hypertension damages arteries all over the vascular system. Blood flow is impaired and proper erection is prohibited, which signifies erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction also happens due to physical causes such as:
- High cholesterol and obesity
- Parkinson's disease and multiple cases of sclerosis
- Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and substance abuse
- Disorder in anatomy or structure of the penis
- Surgical complications
- Several prescribed medicines may also lead to erectile dysfunction because of reactions and side effects.
Erectile dysfunction may also result due to several psychological causes:
- Depression makes a person uninterested in sex due to lower libido and may cause erectile dysfunction.
- A large amount of stress, fear, tension or anxiety may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Many men suffer from performance anxiety and feelings of sexual failure. This may result in erectile dysfunction.
- Poor communication with a partner or pressure from partner regarding sex may also cause erectile dysfunction.
Homeopathic Remedies For Impotency (erectile dysfunction):
- Agnus Castus: Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus is used in cases where there is complete inability to attain penile erection during the sexual act. Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus can be used in cases of erectile dysfunction and sexual weakness where the male has a mental aversion to indulge in sex, along with decreased physical strength.
- Caladium: Homeopathic medicine Caladium is of great help for treatment of erectile dysfunction when the male is unable to have an erection despite having a sexual desire or urge.
- Lycopodium: Homeopathic medicine Lycopodium is of great help for both young people and elderly people suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Tribulus Terrestris: The main indication for using Homeopathic medicine Tribulus Terrestris is the presence of urinary troubles along with erectile Dysfunction.
- Nuphar Luteum: Homeopathic medicine Nuphar Luteum can be beneficial for all those males with erectile Dysfunction in whom the desire to indulge in sexual activity is totally absent. There is no sexual desire with relaxed genitalia.
Erectile dysfunction affects the self-esteem and confidence of a man as he is unable to have sex. Necessary measures should be taken to cure erectile dysfunction.
Sir my face is covered with pimples. merely I get after the sperm is out in night dreams. Next day morning my face is get the more than previous. Please give remedy to my problem. Thank you sir.
When is your pain chronic?
Your pain is chronic if it last for more than a period of six months. Chronic pain is a long-term pain whose nature can vary from mild to excruciating, and it may trouble you either continuously or at short and regular intervals. Chronic pain is so dangerous that it does not only cause discomfort and inconvenience but also robs you entirely of your capacity to work for a long time.
Chronic pain can occur in a number of organs of the human body like head, joints, back, shoulders, neck etc. In fact, pain in any part of your body can turn into chronic pain. Here are a few symptoms that can help you identify if what you are going through is, in fact, chronic pain:
- persistent and severe body pain
- burning sensation accompanied by the body pain
- fatigue and sleeplessness
- weak immune system
- stiff and sore joints
The 4 types of chronic pain disorders that you should be aware of are:
1. Nociceptive pain
The pain that affects the soft tissues of the body such as the skin and the muscles or the organs that have sensory nerves present in them is called nociceptive pain. The sensory nerves, known as nociceptors can detect the stimuli of pain and send information to the brain and the spinal cord for interpretation. The pain could be either somatic (originating in the outer body) or visceral (originating in the internal organs).
2. Neuropathic pain
3. Psychogenic pain
The pain that is caused by psychological disorders like depression and anxiety is known as psychogenic pain. Sometimes this pain can be accompanied by physical complications like fatigue, body pain and muscle weakness.
4. Idiopathic pain
The pain that exists even though there is no physical or psychological cause for it is known as idiopathic pain. This pain is more common in people who have suffered from a pre-existing painful disorder. Some common examples of idiopathic pain are fibromyalgia (intense pain all over the body) and tmj disorders (pain in the jaw area).
Related Tip: Why does PAIN occur? Understand the Mechanism of Pain