Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu VohraYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from a pain in my neck left side & my neck is not turning towards left is the problem of cervical spondylosis what medicine I have to take to get relief from that pain . What I have to do?
Breathe Well Sleep Well
Total wellness is not possible without good sleep. Sleep is a de-learning process. It relaxes and rejuvenates the body and makes our body ready for a
new day. We spend one third of our life in sleep and this one third decides the two third of our life. For every two hours of alertness we need one of sleep. Ever since society has become 24x7, our sleep quality has become poor. A healthy body needs a regular refreshing seven to eight hours of sleep.
Sleep debt creates a mortgaged mind. If we are sleeping one hour less per day then we have to pay back in the day. Sleeplessness is equivalent to drunken driving. Anger, agitation, personality disorders, road rage, substance abuse are indirectly related to poor sleep. Sleep disorders are rising in society and more over sedentary behaviour, obesity is responsible for the rising number of sleep apnoea and related sleep disorders.
There are two types of sleep disorders one primarily because of defects in sleep regulatory mechanisms and others are secondary due to lifestyle causing insomnia and sleep disordered breathing like sleep apnoea. A tired and spent person gets relief and is able to retrieve his liveliness and energy only after taking sound sleep. Sleep is a law of nature which is applicable not only to human beings but also to the botanical world.
A good night sleep is a good regular sleep practice. Always be happy while sleeping. Concentrate on your breathing and feel you are totally relaxed. Keep in mind that the pranayama practice is very important. Pranayama and yoga are the key to good activation of our biological clock.
Our hypothalamic area in the brain is our internal clock. If we do not nurture our biological clock we will face sleep delay and fragmented sleep.
A good sleep involves right pre-sleep practices. It’s like a right alap before a classical music performance. Yoga and Pranayama are an important measure to improve sleep and reduce work place negativity, tension, anxiety and so many other problems. Following yoga and pranayama – Bhastrika pranayam, Kapalbhati pranayam and Anulom Vilom pranayam – have been found to be beneficial.
Besides this, Shavasan and Yognidra are very much useful for sound sleep. Listening to light music like mantras before sleep is beneficial. Yoga increases blood circulation and stimulates the nervous system. Following few practices improves oxygenation to the brain and improves sleep quality and cures insomnia. Halasana and Sarvangasana are the asana to cure insomnia naturally by yoga.
Good pre-sleep habits are called sleep hygiene. A good sleep hygiene improves sleep quality by reducing the onset of sleep and maintenance of rhythm of sleep. We all enter sleep through NREM sleep it’s like slow uncoiling of a curtain wire. We enter sleep with high alfa waves and slowly go to delta or slow wave sleep.
Initial sleep is all NREM sleep and subsequently we enter REM sleep or rapid eye movement sleep. REM sleep constitutes one third of total sleep and in this time of sleep muscles reach to zero tone and it's a dream sleep.
This is about a 50-year-old man, a heavy smoker with sedentary corporate life with disturbed sleep, snoring, day time sluggishness, irritability and poor corporate performance.
He was subjected to a quit tobacco programme, weight loss and good nutrition and lifestyle modification programme with following sleep rules.
He improved on all fronts and started enjoying wellness in his life.
Stick to your sleep time and get up exactly 7 to 8 hours after sleep. You will feel oven fresh.
Follow this sleep rules one hour before going to your sleep clock.
1. A relaxing warm shower an hour before sleep.
2. Anulom vilom for five minutes
3. Kapalbhati for five minutes, avoid doing if you had dinner an hour before.
4. Bhastrika for five minutes.
5. Eye exercises for five minutes in all quadrants
6. Cervical flexion, extension and rotation exercises for two minutes.
7. Sharvanasana or corpse pose for 5 minutes and focus on your breath.
8. Now listen to some slow music. Music induces Alfa activity and helps in sleep initiation for 10 minutes.
9. Do visual imagery. Make memorable twenty images on your iPad or phone or album and slowly brush though.
This helps in release of endorphins and gives feel good feeling for 5 minutes.
10. Take a hot cup of milk. Milk has serotonin and serotonin induces sleep. These steps will de-stress you and help you to get a sound sleep.
Avoid thinking too much while sleeping. Just relax while sleeping.
Always be happy while sleeping. Concentrate on your breathing and feel totally relaxed.
Keep in mind pranayama practice is very important, as important as pre-sleep habit.
Keywords: sleeplessness, pranayama, sleep habits, wellness
The production of gas in the body is a natural process as long as it is within normal limits. Whether it makes you burp or causes flatulence, excessive gas can be embarrassing. Gas can also make you uncomfortable and can cause bloating. This is simply the buildup of excessive gas in the stomach before it is ready to be released. Here are a few simple tips that can help you prevent the buildup of excessive gas.
- Avoid eating gaseous foods: Beans, broccoli, milk, cheese and fruits like pears and apples; these are some of the foods to avoid if you suffer from frequent bouts of gaseousness. This is because they contain fiber and sugar that is difficult to digest and creates gas. If you cannot avoid them completely, try steaming them instead of frying or baking them. Some people may also react to certain food combinations such as fruits and proteins by producing gas. Keeping a food diary may help identify such combinations.
- Drink a glass of water before meals: Drinking water while you are eating can hinder digestion. When water mixes with solid food, it interferes with the way stomach acid breaks down food. Instead, drink a glass of water half an hour before your meals. In this way, the water flushes your system and prepares it for the digestion process.
- Eat slowly: Grabbing a bite on the go is one of the leading causes of indigestion. When you eat anything, ensure that you chew it properly and do not swallow large bites of food. This prevents air from collecting in your stomach and thus prevents gaseousness.
- Probiotics: Probiotics boost the production of ‘good gut bacteria’ that is essential for digestion. Probiotics can also help ease bloating. If you suffer from gas, try including probiotics like yogurt, pickles, kimchi and buttermilk in your diet or get yourself a probiotic supplement.
- A cup of chamomile tea: Chamomile not only calms the body but can also fight indigestion and gas. A cup of chamomile tea after a heavy meal helps speed up the digestion process. This helps relieve bloating, as the faster the stomach is emptied, the faster gas can move out of the stomach and into the intestines. Fennel, dill, peppermint and ginger can also be used as alternatives to chamomile.
- Digestive aids: Gas is a fairly common problem faced by a number of people and hence digestive aids are easily available over the counter. Look for medication that contains activated charcoal or digestive enzymes.
If gaseousness persists over a long period of time and is not eased by any of these remedies, consult a doctor at once.
I have problem of hair failing and constipation since four month. Please advice me what should I do?
My husband has a problem for premature ejaculation. He also has a problem for foreskin, he has extra foreskin which cannot be stretched down. Kindly guide me with both of this problem.
I am a 32 year old uncircumcised male. I am very clean and easy my penis daily thoroughly. My ex girlfriend and I were having unprotected sex. I now have a yellowish discharge coming from my penis, and when I urinate or ejaculate its not painful but it almost had like a minty feel if that makes since. Is this an std or could it be something else? And will s doctor stick a q tip down my penis to check for stage if I go to the doctor?
I have a problem of penis it is small and I want it to make large so please give me the right suggestions.
My wife is having ashtama. If she work hard and run long she will get breathing problem. She is taking inhaler to get relax. Is there ant medicine which can permanently cure that disease or any other home remedies can do?
Mere ling uttejit hone ke baad us mein se fluid nikalta hai. Kabhi kabhi aise hi ulti sidhi batein sochte waqt nikalta hai. Yeh 2-3 mahine se horaha. Aur urine subha k tym deep green hojata hai. Kya yeh rog hai koi?
I am taking medicines for depression since 1.5 month whose root cause is multiple failure of intercourse due to non erection of penis suddenly after having normal and good sex life of 7 to 8 years. I am surprising of that I can easily and naturally aroused and can intercourse with my girlfriend as on today, but when and while I tried it with my wife during last two month, I failed. Please resolve my issue.
An autoimmune disease often develops when your immune system, which guards your body against any kind of illnesses, starts attacking your own body. It decides that your healthy cells are foreign and attacks the healthy cells. Depending upon the type of illness, an autoimmune disease can influence one or various types of body tissue. It can bring about unusual organ development and changes in organ functioning.
A good diet is essential and a basic requirement so that it does not trigger aggravation in the digestion systems and further weaken your intestines. The diet should be taken in small portions to avoid bloating in the stomach. One should eat in small portions after every two to three hours. Some of the dietary measures for an autoimmune disease are as follows-
Stay away from gluten: In case you have an autoimmune disease, you generally require a lab test to know that you need to stay away from gluten. This protein, which is found in wheat, spelt, rye and grain, is connected to numerous immune system conditions.
Locate your reactive foods and discontinue them: Even grains that do not contain gluten like corn and rice can cause reactions in the immune system in a few people. Atomic mimicry happens when your body confuses your own body tissue for the similar kind of proteins found in a few foods. See whether you are having any food that you might be allergic to.
Include green tea and turmeric into your daily diet: They dampen the autoimmune reaction in many parts of the body especially the brain.
Stay away from refined table salt: Table salt has been shown to irritate and aggravate some of the autoimmune conditions.
Consume egg whites: They have anti-bacterial components and have the property to bind some of the nutrients. A few people will argue that they're fine when cooked. However, if you choose to just have the yolks, you can do so without any worry.
Take a healthy meat diet: Some meats like chicken, fish, sheep and turkey are good for the health. Swordfish and lord mackerel are high in mercury. Select infection free chicken, turkey, and sheep.
Consume low Glycemic Organic Fruits: Consume fruits including apples, apricots, avocados, berries, cherries, grapefruit, lemons, oranges, peaches, pears, plums for healthy glucose absorption.
Coconut intake: Coconut margarine, coconut cream, coconut milk, coconut oil, unsweetened coconut pieces, unsweetened coconut yogurt are great for health.
Herbs and Spices: Spices like basil, dark pepper, cilantro, coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, ocean salt and thyme should be used.
Fermented food: Kimchi, cured ginger, aged cucumbers, coconut yogurt, kombucha, water kefir, and so forth need to be consumed for the vitamins and nutrients they contain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.