Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 85 years old and male. From last 15 days my BP has gone down to! 00/60. My pulse is about 40. I used to have giddiness. Seek your advice.
Dear Sir/madam, In 2010 I had an mitral valve replacement surgery. My one valve has changed and I always have doubt that. Do I need any other surgery in future?
Is it safe to eat 5 Whole eggs everyday for protein need.(I am asking because There are talks of heart problems and increased cholesterol)
I am 65 male. My blood sugar is coming down since last few months. Now it reached 74. What precaution I have to take to keep the blood sugar level correct. What is the FBS low level ? What medicine I have to take to keep correct level ? My FBS reduced from 100, 90, 85, 80 and now 74. Please advice.
Sir my father Bp is low & high 5 daye can noti new. So please resean mere faather ko 2 years se bp high hai unka cholestrol kabhi kam kabhi jyada ho jata hai pleaase kya resean ho sakta hai abhi 5 days se can notinew fiber hai kya ye fiber bp ki vajy se hai ya fiber ka bp se koe matab nhi hai please aap meri kuch madad kro.
Hello sir I suffering heart pain approx 9 month kindly help us and pain problem is maker not my body q.
My granny has blood pressure problem. She is very active even at the age of 75. What she should do for her?
How to maintain gud heart health. Recently had bitter experience that lost my close dude due to cardiac arrest at the age of just 36. He do not have any bad habits.
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with your doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am male, 75 years old. Having sugar for 25 years. Controlled by walking and Diabend 40 mg 1 in the morning. 105 Fasting 150 PP. BP on Telmisartan 40 mg 1. My ECG showed RBBD in the yr. 2000 Continuing with Nitocontin 2.6 mg. Till now. No symptoms of any pain in the heart. Shall I discontinue taking this Nitrocontin?
my mother had Brain clot and stroke what is it and what treatment & consequences are there. Currently admitted in hospital. suggestion required.?
I have developed a dot shaped cholesterol deposit on my right eye lids since last three months? What can be done to get rid of this and what health probelm does it signify?
Hello Dr. My mother is a 53 year old working lady. She is hypertensive and diabetic. Problem is that she has put on a lot of weight though her sugar and blood pressure are controlled. Presently she is 97 kg and her height is 5'5. Is it advisable for her to join gym? If yes then which exercise? And If no then how to control weight? Please advise.
I am 17 years old. But I have to ask for my friend i. E. She is also 17 years old and due to over use of tablets and painkillers. She is facing a heart problem. She had also addicted of alcohol but not now. Her veins are not properly working mean heart is not supplying blood to whole body and due to this she got 15-16 blood vomitsper day. Please give us a solution.
Globly OBESITY has doubled in the last two decades.About 44%of the diabetic burden and23%of CVD burden is attributable to OBESITY and OWERWEIGHT.
Obesity isassociated with several co-morbid conditions: dyslipidemia,hypertension,hyperglycaemia,non alcoholic fatty liver disease and a conglomeration of conditions known as metabolic syndrome.
For Asians BMI cut off as between 23- 24.9kg/m2 and more than 25/kg/m2 is called overweight and obesity respectively.
Determinants of obesity are ,nutritional transition,rural to urban migration,physical inactivity,socio-economic and cultural factors and genetics.
Evidence is available for effective intervention programs with emphasis on nutrition,physical activity and lifestyle changes in childrens and also in adults for prevention of OBESITY, TYPE2 DIABETES AND DYSLIPIDAEMIA.