Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old for the last 5 months i am using bp tablet replace 50 mg. And also using tablet for cholesterol for the last, 3 months. What are measures should I take to avoid these tablets for usage of life time.
My on is suffering from depression. He has exam phobia. He is very near to mother. Always mother guided him. He is in last year of graduation Higher heart beats and Higher BP.
I am suffering from fever in last two weeks and chest pain. Whenever I fever hard. Can suggest he done?
I have from 2-3 years acidity problem. I don't sleep in night. So pain in chest in stomach. So please me treatment.
I am suffering with chest pain from last four month, I went to the hospital but there is no change. So please give me the suggestion to overcome from the problem. Kindly give me the suggestion Thank you.
I am a 19 years old girl. I've been going through major mood swings and I just feel empty in my heart sometimes. Even though I'm surrounded by so many people I still feel lonely. I am really close to one of my friends and I have realised that only when he's around in the morning I wake up with this positive energy. But even if everything going right I always feel somethings not right. I have suddenly lost interest in talking to my relatives or family. I am a photography student and I have kind off lost my interest and dedication in it too. I just can't figure out whats wrong. I have no answers to my questions. I feel low most of the time. When someone asks me whats wrong I get irritated even more cz I myself can't answer that question. Sometimes I feel I should consult a psychologist. I feel worthless and directionless. I feel like I won't be able to find work once I pass out of college. There are just too many things going on in my mind and I end up over thinking. I don't want to take any sort of anti depressants or something. I'm just worried about when things would get back to normal. I get lost in my own world and sometimes feel like going on rides or going out alone. No one lets me be. I don't know what to do.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.