Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu SabharwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 25years old female. I got married before 1 and half years. We didn't do any restriction to get pregnancy. We are doing sex continuously but still now I am not pregnant. I got period on Nov26. For the last time we have unprotected sex from Dec 5 to Dec 12. My cycle vary from 24 to 30 days. But I am having slight Nausea, dizzy & stomach burning in night only (after I slept). Expected ovulation day - Dec 9 On Dec 11 - Night I slept and woke up at 5: 30 AM and having Nausea, dizzy & stomach during. I drunk water. Then I slept well On Dec 12 - Night I slept and woke up at 4: 30 AM & 5: 30 AM and I am having the same feeling as yesterday. Then I drunk water for each time I woke up and I slept. On Dec 13 - Night I slept but woke up at 2: 30 AM, 4: 30 AM & 5: 30 AM and I am having the same feeling as yesterday. Then I drunk water for each time I woke up. And I slept On Dec 14 - Night I slept and woke up at 12: 30AM, 2: 30 AM, 3: 00 AM, 3: 30 AM, 4: 30 AM & 5: 30 AM and I am having the same feeling as yesterday. Then I drunk water for each time I woke up and I slept. Yesterday I had the same problem. But in morning I did not having any Nausea, dizzy feeling. Whether I am pregnant. Or another problem I am having.
One of the best ways of keeping your nervous system fine tuned is to spend a minimum of 15 minutes per day writing on paper.
Wil pregnancy test work with in a week after sexual intercourse I want a good answer no menstrual cycle since the intercourse.
My wife recently had a very bad breast infection in her left breast. At first we were very tensed thinking it might be breast cancer. She was in a lot of pain. The cancer was ruled out after doing sonography and mammography. But we are still worried. My question is what are the causes of such infections and how can these be avoided. Also what are the symptoms for breast cancer?
I am 25 year old female I need help as I am pregnant and I feel very week feeble my bp is also very low. I always have blackouts specially when I stand up. please help me to to feel fit during my pregnancy I am in my 2nd trimester. I feel everything stings a lot cause of that I can not even eat anything. I face gastric problem.
I had iui on 14 th of this month from yesterday light bleeding was there today bleeding increase blood clots there I am depressed. Is it normal period. But my actual date is 4 th Feb.
I am 20 year old female. My feet get cold during monthly periods from 5-6 years. I took SPASMONIL tablets from 2-4 year to get relief. How to overcome this problem. I took advice from this site only. They were said that :get fasting serum TSH. And they give me advice that get your blood checked" were I am little confused that what kind of blood test like hemoglobin or what else. Acknowledgement requires.
If a 10+ years old girl Is consuming a cup of coffee everyday dose it leads to any side effects as I hv heard coffee produces heat in body n specially not good for girl as they may get their menses early.
I suffered miscarriage at 10th week. After 1.4 years m pregnant again. Taking ptu, all-9, lupigest 200 mg orally, hcg5000ui once a week. I am in 6 the week now. Been sleeping a lot no nausea. I have left leg pain and hip pain. Additionally at 4 the week I had bleeding which is stopped now. I am 33 years old. Will I miscarry? I bed rest all the time. How to avoid it please.
I am 31 year old female and I didn't conceive. My weight 73 kg and height 5'5. My and my husband report is normal. We are trying last 2 years. I got pregnant before 5 month but unfortunately it was missed and then after I can't get pregnant. Please give your best suggestion. Thank you.
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at email@example.com today!
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STD infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.
Normal ovulation white discharge occurs for how many days? For me its coming for 3 days am I normal? Or am I pregnant? I am worried. Please help me doctors.
Hi Doctor, My friend is getting married in 3 days. She has period on that day. What will happen if she postpone her period by taking tablet? Will she face any internal issues in future.
The way a human body works is tricky; to enable proper digestion and to feel fit throughout the day it is best to have a balanced diet. Things that you consider nutritious could be gnawing at your digestive tract. A person could be suffering from acid reflux, continual stretches of diarrhea or constipation, gastroesophageal reflux or an irritable bowel syndrome; kinds of food being consumed should be reviewed and altered as a basic remedy to these health problems.
- Stay away from acidic fruits: A fruit that is acidic in nature will have acidic effects on the digestive system. Acidic fruits should, therefore never be consumed in large amounts. Acid of any kind has a corrosive effect on our internal organs and hence should not be taken on an empty or an upset stomach. Lemons, oranges, tomatoes and other citrus fruits fall under this category of food.
- The myth about milk: Milk contains lactose that is hard to digest. People with lactose intolerance face the results right after consuming milk or other dairy products. Aged people face more difficulties in digesting milk. Dairy products when eaten in excess can result in gas, bloating or diarrhea. It is time you stopped believing in the myth milk is anything, but bad for digestive health.
- Processed wheat is not healthy at all: Bread is the easiest way of making a meal for yourself. However, its effects on your digestive system and your overall health are in no way good. Processed wheat can constipate you as it lacks in fiber. It contains added preservatives that can be harsh on your stomach.
- Ignore that soft corner for fries: While your stomach needs to be provided with food from time to time it also needs to be emptied. Fried food prevents emptying of the stomach. They tend to remain in the digestive system for long making you feel bloated and uneasy.
- Red meat and unhealthy fats will ruin digestion: Most of us like eating red meat and other kinds of fat such as butter, ghee, cheese and ice- creams. These fats are hard to digest and they result in recurrent stomach contractions. Stomach contractions can further lead to two extremes; you can be constipated for a few days or might have diarrhea.