Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu Sabharwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu SabharwalYour feedback matters!
This month my menstrual flow was less what does it means, was it normal to have scanty in flow or any problem?
I am 27 year old female, did pregnancy test at home since I skipped my period last month. It was positive. I would like to get aborted asap.
Hello madam I had a sex with my wife on 13 february and she do not have any period we checked with preganews two times but I show always negative then I gave my wife a pill after 1 month and 23 days of sex after giving it show got periods but the period is only for one day after one day period had stopped but 2 or 3 after she found yellow spot in morning. So madam tell me about yellow spots.
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 21 years old I have problem of irregular periods from last 3 years & I have also problem of PCOS what should I do for this.
I do iui 2 days before. Today I have vaginal discharge like egg. Why this is happening. Can it sign of pregnancy or any problem occur?
I am pregnant of 3 months. Please recommend me some good medicines or cream so that I can take of stretch marks.
Im 29 years old married lady. I have so many doubts about copper T. I think this is the right place to clear my doubts without hesitation. please suggest answer s to my every question. Please. Can we place a copper T after an medical abortion? Will this insertion be painful? Will this really stops pregnancy? Will it causes any pain during periods? Is this be visible outside vagina? Can this be noticed by my husband during intercourse? Will this copper T be effected by fingering foreplay during intercourse? Will this effects menstrual cycle? Thank you in advance.
I am 21 years old girl. My menstrual cycle is irregular. It comes sometime 5 to 6 days later from the last period sometime on the accurate day nd sometime 8 to 10 days later. What is the solution please tell me.
Around 40% of adults all over the world suffer from hypertension, and many may not know that too much of salt in the diet is the leading cause of developing high blood pressure. Recent studies from the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension have shown the advantages of taking a lower amount of salt. But the real problem is that most people find salt to be tasteful just like sugar, and this tends to cast its harmful effects on overall health.
What happens to the body when you take too much of salt?
Salt contains sodium, and the kidneys have troubles to keep up with its optimal functions when there is an excessive amount of sodium in the bloodstream. When sodium starts to accumulate, the body holds back water for diluting the sodium which enters the blood vessels thereby increasing the volume of blood in the stream. When this happens, the heart has to overwork, and more pressure will be exerted in the blood vessels. With the passage of time, the excess amount of pressure would stiffen the blood vessels which would pave the way for stroke, heart attack or even heart failure.
What are the signs and symptoms of taking too much sodium?
Most people are generally unaware that there is an excessive salt intake and hence could be dangerous. Therefore, it is important to look for signs that your body is pleading to reduce the consumption of salt.
- You are feeling very thirsty: When you eat foods with high amounts of sodium such as chips, pepperoni pizza, and ketchup, you are likely to feel dry. This is because of the high amounts of sodium that troubles the balance of fluid in the body which makes you crave for water so that it can restore the salt balance.
- There are swellings at strange places in the body: You may feel bloated in the morning when you take too much of salt. This phenomenon is termed as edema which means swelling of extra fluid in the tissues in the body.
- You may develop stomach ulcers: Taking too much sodium is associated with stomach ulcers as well as cancers in mammals according to the recent journal Infection and Immunity. Even though more research is required, there is no harm in reducing the amount of salt in the diet and enjoy a healthy life.
Research also indicates that reducing the amounts of sodium can lower death rate over the long term. Hence, it is advisable to stick to the recommended amount of 2300mg which is equivalent to one teaspoon of salt per day to lead a healthy life.