Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu S BholaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am having some black or brown seen between my gums and front teeth. I have gapped teeth on front side teeth may b called as canines. How to get rid of this black stuff may b caused due to food struck in gaps it looks horrible when I smile. It looks like tar stuck in between teeth. please help.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
I can feel a lump on my left cheek when I move my tongue around my cheeks its not painful and not too big can it be a tumor of oral cancer cause I used to smoke and drink earlier and I am having a body pain in left side.
My mother age about 50+. She has a problem in her teeth. Her teeth is root become loose and the front tooth is about to come out. The lower part out teeth is become blackish. Please suggest me a good medicines which stronger the root. And protect the teeth to fall.
My teeth r blackish. Means there r black spots on my teeth. What should I do to get a healthy and totally white teeth?
Please help me please my gum of back side of the mouth got swelled feeling very pain I saw in net it's saying tht it's wisdom teeth but I can't handle pain please help to relif.
I have no cavities in my teeth, however there is pain for the last 1 week in the lower jaw canine. What would it be? can it also be because of wisdom tooth?
My dentist has advised to use" gel cam" which I regularly used for 15 days. I feel that it's use has weaken my teeth but my dentist don't agree. Please let me know the use of" gel cam" and how & when to use it. Thanks.
My 3 teeth are filled. I had irregular and protruded teeth. Doctor suggested to put stirrups. I put stirrups for 2 years (8th std to 10th std). 95% my teeth are ok. Now when I'm 20 years old, wisdom teeth started growing. I felt very small pain for 2 days. Now I'm 22 years old. Wisdom teeth don't reached its full stage. Now my lower teeth became irregular. Is there any treatment to make my teeth nice. I have seen some before and after photos in front of dental clinic. Is it true? How much cost for such treatment. please advice me.
I'm suffering from frequent mouth ulcers. How to reduce there cause. Unable to eat food properly please suggest me a nice solution to this problem. Please give response at earliest.
Hi, I am have bleeding in my gums while I brush, eat. Even I have done cleaning of teeth, still it bleeds daily, since last 6-8 month. Kindly suggest me what should I do?
Hello, My Son is 14 months old and not a single teeth has come. What should I do is there any treatment? Please Reply.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.
I have yellow spot on my front upward teeth. Many time I have tried but its not wash off can you help me to remove that yellow spot and make my teeth white so I can smile freely.
I am 26 years old and I have teeth pain last three months I used pain relief tablets last two months but no relief pls suggest me with good medicine.
Proper dental care can prevent heart attacks, heart blockages, asthma and COPD. This was stated by Padma Shri, Dr B C Roy & DST National Science Communication Awardee, Dr K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India and Honorary Secretary General IMA. Bacteria present in the gums have been linked to many diseases in the past.
Periodontal treatment should be included in prenatal care programs, as per a study in the Journal of Periodontology, which has shown that treating gum disease in pregnant women may prevent preterm birth.
The study has shown that while pregnant women, in whom the periodontal disease was treated, were no more likely to deliver their babies prematurely than women with no gum disease, those who did not get treatment had a nearly 90-fold increased risk of premature delivery.
Another study found that the more bacteria women with periodontal disease had in their gums during and after pregnancy, the more likely they were to deliver their infants prematurely.