Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu Prasad KhiwalYour feedback matters!
Folliculitis is an inflammation of the hair follicles. Each hair on your body grows out of a tiny pouch called a follicle. You can have folliculitis on any part of your body that has hair. But it is most common on the beard area, arms, back, buttocks, and legs. You are more likely to get folliculitis if you:
- Use a hot tub, whirlpool, or swimming pool that is not properly treated with chlorine.
- Wear tight clothes.
- Use or work with substances that can irritate or block the follicles. Examples include makeup, cocoa butter, motor oil, tar, and creosote.
- Have an infected cut, scrape, or surgical wound. The bacteria or fungi can spread to nearby hair follicles.
- Have a disease such as diabetes or HIV that lowers your ability to fight infection.
I am pregnant so can I eat banana guava and musk mellon. And please suggest me what to have till 5 months.
I had taken unwanted 72 after 24 hours of sex but my periods are 7 days late m I pregnant but I had not done complete sex m still virgin.
I am 22 years old female I was suffering from lupus still under treatment feeling very weak and having joints pains specially legs are paining a lot all the time and I want to know that will be normal again as before or not.
Hi dear friends. I am Dr Bhavna Mittal I am a gynaecologist and I am practising at my own hospital that is Shivam surgical and maternity centre in East of Delhi. Now getting pregnant which seemed very simple earlier has become a major task these days for ladies, why is it so earlier we hear from our mothers old aunts that they used to get pregnant every year and they would do all household work and have a very healthy normal delivery and each of them had at least 4-5- 6 babies. These days for a lady to have a normal single pregnancy have become a huge task why it is so because of our life styles our values our food habits are changing . So if u are pregnant or you are planning to be, the first thing to do is:
- To improve your lifestyle.
- You should concentrate on a good regime
- Good daily schedule, that is you should be getting adequate sleep of 6-7 hours.
- Having a normal bowel habit in the morning doing at least 20-30 mins light exercise per day.
- Daily regime of diet which includes fruits, salads, antioxidants, vegetables, daals and less of junk foods and outside food.
- There are some indirect toxins like smoking, alcohol, which also harm our body. Now a days it is not uncommon, even for females to consume alcohol or caffeine or smoking routinely. So if you are on the family way you should avoid these things.
- Also if you are taking some kinds of medicines for something, then you should be sure of the content and that it does not interfere with getting pregnant or during pregnancy.
Once you are pregnant, the first thing to do is to conduct a urine pregnancy test. So if you have missed your period you can yourself check it with a urine pregnancy kit and if it is coming positive you can visit your doctor. Also these days it is important to take pre-conception. Visit that before you ever think of getting pregnant. Its nice that you can visit the doctor, they can conduct some basic test on you and your husband and be sure that you both of you are healthy enough to carry pregnancy. After the doctor will put you on some medicines, like folic acid. Studies have shown that women who were on folic acid 3 months prior to getting pregnant did much better during pregnancy in terms of the health of the baby and the mother than once who did not take any medication so you can be on some basic vitamins supplements like folic acid before getting pregnant. Once you conceive and your test is showing positive, it's time to visit the doctor this time the doctor will explain you the precautions which are to be taken during pregnancy. Also the doctor will check from time to time in terms of your blood test, urine test and the ultrasounds which are to be done during pregnancy. You may also be put on some supplements of iron calcium folic acid or if required some hormones from time to time
Now I would like to remove some common myths which are there about pregnancy people do fear that what should be the exact weight gain during pregnancy. Normally by American standards, the weight gain during pregnancy should be 10- 13 kg during whole 9 months. So that gives us a target of around 1.5 kg per month now this may not even for everyone so a lady may not gain for the first 3 months because of vomiting and then she may gain 2-3 kgs per month later on so the average comes out to be 1.5kg. So the average should be the same it may not be even through out the 9 months for people who gain less weight sometimes there’s a issue with the growth of the bab. Similarly people who gain more weight also have more tendency to develop blood pressure diabetes and other problems during pregnancy so ideal kind of weight gain is important second thing which is important is what you are gaining on so you may be gaining this one and a half kg a month on junk food or namkeens or unhealthy food or you could be gaining on healthy food like proteins eggs fish milk daal milk products foods salads soups so one should be very careful on choice of diet also avoid any kind of harmful preservatives or chemicals like Chinese food and all the chemicals which are there you could have home prepared normal food which does not contain any of these artificial additives for a normal healthy pregnancy you are allowed to do your routine activities but still you should avoid very heavy type of exhaustion and travelling the 2nd trimester of pregnancy that is third to 6th month is actually the safest part of pregnancy so if you need to travel or do any other activity it should be done in the middle part the initial 3 moths and the last 3 months are not the safe time to do the same even flights do not allow travelling after 7 months completed of pregnancy or they will ask you for a special certificate for that Then keep on visiting your doctor regularly and follow the advice if any problem is coming up then please follow your doctor accordingly friends I am available on lybrate in case you have any questions related to getting pregnant or about pregnancy please feel free to ask me on lybrate.
I will happy to help thank you
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Viagra is a very common drug prescribed for treating erectile dysfunction. It works by enhancing the flow of blood to the penis during sexual intercourse to bring about erection. Viagra actually contains the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which is a selective inhibitor of Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5).
This drug works efficiently with sexual stimulation. Erectile dysfunction is very common among older men whose sexual function tends to fall after they reach their 50s. But these days even younger men in their 30's and 40's are experiencing an increased incidence of erectile dysfunction.
Doctors can even recommend the drug to both younger and elder men who suffer from erection problems.
Solidification of the arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis, can occur during the teen years. The problem then develops by the time they reach the age of 20-30 years and more, hindering their ability to get and maintain an erection. Men suffering from diabetes and facing the problem of Erectile dysfunction can be assisted by this drug.
The drug should be ideally taken an hour before the sexual intercourse.
On the other hand, you can also take Viagra half an hour to 4 hours before the sexual intercourse. You don't require having food in order to take the drug. But you need to keep in mind that if you take it after a meal high in fats, it can take a little bit longer for you to experience its effects.
Most importantly, the misuse of Viagra should be avoided. It should be taken only under medical supervision. The drug doesn't have the power to help you ejaculate easily if you suffer from problems related to orgasm or even enhance your sexual appetite. It does not enhance sexual timing, so should not be used to treat premature ejaculation. Men also shouldn't expect the drug to take the erections to unexpected heights.
Word of Caution:
One should never take the drug for recreational purposes. One can end up suffering from minor erectile dysfunction due such abuse. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Every woman has a unique system, especially when it comes to matters like menstrual cycles and pregnancy. There are some women who go through normal bleeding while for others, it may be less than ideal. Also, there are women who may experience a condition known as Menorrhagia which is characterised by excessively heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles. Cramping and bleeding for longer than a week are the most common symptoms of this condition. Here are ways to treat this condition.
- Basis of Treatment: The main cause will dictate the basis of treatment for this condition. Your overall medical history and state of health will be taken into account along with the future of your childbearing plans. The gynaecologist will also study the effect of this condition on your lifestyle and examine your tolerance towards certain supplements and medicines.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe iron supplements in case of anaemia due to the condition. Further, non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen and ibuprofen may be prescribed too. Oral contraceptives and progesterone are also helpful in such cases while Tranexamic acid can reduce the excessive blood loss. The doctor may also insert an intrauterine device to release levonorgestrel to make the uterine lining thin.
- Dilation and Curettage: The doctor will dilate or open up your cervix in this procedure to suction away tissue from the uterine lining. One may need additional sessions if the condition recurs.
- Focused Ultrasound Ablation: This procedure aims at treating the excessive bleeding by shrinking the fibroids that may be causing the same. This is also similar to a procedure known as uterine artery embolisation which blocks the uterine arteries in order to shrink these fibroids.
- Myomectomy: In this procedure, the doctor will surgically extract those fibroids which are causing the excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles. The procedure is conducted either through laparoscopy or incisions in the vagina and cervix, depending on the size, location and number of fibroids.
- Endometrial Ablation: Using this procedure, the doctor will permanently do away with the lining of the uterus, which is also known as the endometrium. This will be done by inserting an electrosurgical wire loop to remove the lining. Pregnancy is usually not recommended after this surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that is recommended for very severe cases. In this procedure, the doctor will surgically remove the uterus as well as the cervix. This is a permanent procedure that will put an end to the menstrual periods altogether. The procedure will be conducted by administering anaesthesia first, and will require hospitalisation as well. The doctor may also remove the ovaries of the patient with this procedure for premature menopause. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 35 years old. I have a belly bulge problem (post delivery tummy). Please help me to get rid of it.
Sir/ madam I'm 23 years old I noticed that small size ball in my left side breast I noticed this 1 and half year back some times it will be small some times it will increase the I dnt know what is this please help me to know about it thank u.
I have piles problem what should be suggestion that to take medicine or operation. Bleeding should continue for 1week n than stop an after certain period bleeding will start for a period how should I stop it. I am student I m effects alot to my life.
Hello' actually my cousin Breast size is to large. Jise vjah she shoulder pain or back pain kafe hone LGA kafe time we excersize bhe kr rhe h but koi frk to Brest size kam krne k lie kya krna chaiye kya koi pills h iske liye.
Hi I have white discharge from my vagina most of the time. There is no smell, no itching no rashes and no other I apart from headache 2-4 times a week that lasts till I take a pain killer or use cold water's cloth on my head. What should I do plz?
Hello sir/mam! I am 23 yr, 1 years back in october 2015 I had taken periods delaying tablet uske bd periods thoda upar niche ho rhe the. Uske bd I had taken ocp 72 hr in January. Uske kuch din bad se mere periods delay ho rhe the 15-20 days weight gain b ho rha h. 15 days z the maximum days jb delay hote h.abhi kuch din pehle hi itna delay hue. Den bleeding bhi jyda nhi hui but blood was in darkest red or brown in colour. 2 din bleeding rahi uske kuch din bd spotting dikh rhi thi. Or aj thoda bleeding hui. I do not understand muje kya ho rha. Is there any serious problem? Please help!
Hi, Please help. I had unprotected sex wth my hubby on 4th day of my periods. The next day afternoon I had ipill and my periods stopped completely. What r d chances of pregnancy n how to avoid it? M really very tensed kindly help.
I am in 5th month of pregnancy and my pulse rate is 160. Is it normal? my heart condition (heart ultrasonography) is fine, blood pressure and blood sugar are also normal.
Losing weight is very difficult and for that you don't have to eat less or exercise more as it will not work. The quantity of calories is not taken into account, but it is only the quality of the calories that make a huge difference without the need of you going hungry. It is very necessary that your body is able to burn the calories you eat and in this way, you can lose weight. Eating few calories on a regular basis can result in malnutrition, nutrient deficiencies and in unhealthy weight loss.
Conditions That Occur due to under eating: By intake of few calories on day to day basis, our body system learns to live with smaller amount, and it slows down the metabolism of your body. The worst thing is that you even stop losing weight and feel irritated as well as sluggish on the diet you intake. The practice can be reversed, and it will not take much time for your body to recover and its metabolism to become better.
Long term intake of low diet can also put you at a higher risk of nutritional deficiency. As by eating less, the body does not get the necessary vitamins and minerals required for daily functioning.
To keep alive it is very important that a minimum blood-glucose level is maintained. If the blood glucose is less than required, a lot of stress can be created on your organs, and it would damage vital organs of your body.
It is very important that we develop positive food thoughts, and constant restriction can result in eating disorders like orthorexia and anorexia.
Opt For Healthy Eating:
- The simple and healthy way which you can start with to lose weight would be at first to make small changes like eliminating beverages that are sugary as well as replacing your diet with healthier choices.
- It is best to avoid unhealthier choices like eating muffins and donuts for breakfast. Instead, you should eat whole foods, oatmeal, eggs and fruit for breakfast.
- The basic rules that should be followed are that men should not eat above 1500 calories in a day, and women should not eat above 1200 calories in a day.
- It is best to focus on eating healthy food instead of calorie counting. The weight loss may be slow, but it would be stable and long-lasting.
The most important step that needs to be followed to lose weight effectively is to have a proper mindset and follow a healthy diet to achieve your goal.