Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu MalikYour feedback matters!
How often should I go to the dentist? How can I look after my child's teeth? Why should I use dental floss? Which foods and drinks containing sugar cause tooth decay? Are pregnant women entitled to free NHS dental treatment? Why should I use interdental brushes? How many soft or fizzy drinks can children have a day?
Suggest any tooth paste for children below 2 years. I already purchased one tooth paste named as" cheerio gel" fluoride medicated oral gel. Is it suitable for child?
I am 48 yr old. After I brush in the morning and eat biscuits. My teeth pain. I mean the inner teeth which we use to chew on both sides. This pain will not be there when I eat breakfast say at 9.30 am. Please suggest.
Hello doctor I am 35 year old married woman I have cavity problems last two years what should I do please tell me.
Hi my teeth pains a lot I have high fever my toothpaste used is good and I don't eat sweets. I have taken painkiller fr this. Pls help and teeth shd be good and germ free mouth washing done.
I have tooth problem so doctor said me to do root canal so I took that treatment n I cudnt control d pain so thy removed my teeth itself so now I hv d same problem with another tooth doctor say me the same so I doesn't want to do root canal is thr any way to overcome ma tooth pain.
I m 19 yrs, I got whole on between my teeth nd a part of teeth has broken the right side of my mouth nw the colour near that teeth became black Today it is paining severe help meh with easy. M poor boy.
I am 36 year old male. I am suffering from mouth ulcer very frequently. Kindly suggest me as how to get rid of this.
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth.