Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu Kansal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu KansalYour feedback matters!
My son is 2.1 year old. Past 2days he is suffering from loose motion. He done potty 2 times in a day, bt that in a thick paste form. My doctor suggest to give bisilac medicine thrice a day of 5ml. Side by side he also told me to stop grain and milk products. As my son drink milk in night am giving pediasure in water by consulting my doctor. Am also giving raw banana and boiled apple to his diet. His potty gets better yesterday but today in the morning he still passes loose potty. Doctor saying to continue the medicine. Is this ok or I have to give other medicine. Please suggest some method to stop it.
I am a first time mother of a baby boy. He was born on 27-Dec-17. In last couple of days I am facing problem while feeding the baby. I think my milk is not sufficient for his growing needs. He sometimes feeds for 30-40 minutes. I feed him 15-20 times infinity 24 hours. Sometimes he asks for feed after previous feed 15 minutes ago and there no milk for him. My In laws advise me there is nothing to worry this normal. And when he cries alot once or twice a day they give him small feeder with cardamom tea. Please advise, I am worried. I had a baby with cesarian, stitches have healed but because of sitting for longer periods of time I get pain in abdomen, knees and back.
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.