Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old I have back. Pain because of full day working on computer at sitting 1 place please give me some medicine for this back. Pain.
Hi I have joint pain at 36 years. Pain in the leg, ankle swells if standing for a long time nd bone pains. Feet at bottom hurts also.
I am 45 years old medium healthy female, housewife, busy with all household daily works and last 02 years suffering from more belly/stomach. Also earlier about 10 years before I had slip disc problem at l-4/l-5. Nowadays again severe backache I am facing. Please guide me and suggestion.
I am eighteen years old. I am having problem with my back. It starts paining really quickly after a short time of sitting on chair or benches. Its been around two years and I am not able to sit straight with my back. I want some solutions for the pain as I have to sit and study fr long hours!
I am 20 year old I have back pain at least 1 year in low back pain I have done M Exercise and all reports are clear please give me tips and I am student please help me.
Top tips on how to move well and stay well, to prevent back pain:
1. Make sure you're lifting correctly: from groceries through to lifting goods at work, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and bend at the hips and knees. Grip the load firmly and hold it close to your body, tightening your stomach muscles and using the strong muscles of your legs to lift. Always keep your back as straight as possible, and gently breathe out. Avoid twisting - turn by using your feet, not your back.
2. Focus on your standing posture: think tall - chest lifted, shoulders relaxed, chin tucked in and head level. Your posture should be stable, balanced and relaxed when sitting, walking or standing.
3. Don't stay seated for too long: ideally, don't stay seated for more than 20 minutes. Even if you're at work, stand up, stretch and walk around. The right back support will also help. Ensure your workstation and computer are correctly positioned.
4. Driving: good support from your car seat will prevent back pain. Adjust your seat to sit comfortably - and make sure you take regular breaks on long journeys. If you need lower back support, use a lumbar roll or a rolled-up towel.
5. Sleep support is key: your mattress should be firm enough to support your natural shape.
6. Exercise to keep your back strong: stay in shape - healthy body weight is less strain on your back. Your physiotherapist can show you how to keep your back flexible and strong with correct back and abdominal exercises.
If your back hurts, don't ignore the pain. Physiotherapists are trained to correctly assess the problem and provide safe effective treatment. For rapid recovery, see your physiotherapist early.
Hello my age is 55+ and I am suffering shoulder freeze problem from last 1 year. My sugar n b. P is normal. I concerned many doctors but of no use. Please give me any useful advice. Thank you.
Reasons for limping after total hip replacement wihout any trauma nor any contributory reasons after two and half years of surgery.
I am suffering from pain on my right elbow for about nine months ago.I can't take even 5kg weight straightly.Please suggest remedy for it ?
I am having a pain in my backbone I am 19yrs old I cannot sleep properly pls advice me what to do Dr.prescribe pain killer that give temporary relief and occurs again
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
4. Do warm up exercises and stretching exercises to lessen the risk of developing a muscle cramp during your workout session
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps.
If you wish to discuss about any specifi problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.