Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu Gupta
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old unmarried .I usually don't get periods regularly since starting of mensuration cycle. As per ultrasound report, I have bilateral pcos .can you please suggest me the diet and medications to follow.
I am not having periods since last 3 months. My thyroid profile is normal and I have also done a urine test and it's report was negative. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. As my doctor has given me 10 days tablet for periods and I am not having periods after that also.
A kiss is an exalted affair; it’s about feeling each other’s cosmos, understanding each other’s emotional current without uttering words, for, the words would only sound ambiguous when emotions are intense. A kiss alone can speak volumes! But, do you think something more can be associated with it?
Yes, indeed kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the body.
Here is a list of reasons why you should kiss your partner more often:
- Reduces blood pressure: Kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
- Relieves headache and cramps: The dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
- Fights cavities: The saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
- Releases happy hormones: Kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
- Burns calories: Can it be a substitute for a 2-mile jog? No. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
- Boosts self-esteem: Research has shown that people who leave home with a goodbye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
- Tones the muscles of your face: Kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jawline. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
- Check out the compatibility with your partner: Kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off.
I'm spotting from 10 days my mood is little abnormal my period was scheduled on july 7. But started spotting from July 1by partner did not insert his penis I am worried if I am pregnant.
Is it any infection causes for sucking GF Vagina? My GF always wants that type of Sex so that have any problem in future?
Hello Doctor we have been trying for a baby from the past 9-10 months and I have got to know that mine is a case of secondary infertility as I now have developed Azoospermia in me. We have a 6 years old daughter during which we didn't face any such problem at all it all happened normal way. I have so far gone through various tests like Hormone tests, Ultrasound of my Testis etc and all the tests are clear apart from Grade 1 Varicocele which according to doctor is negligible. My doctor has suggested me to go through Testicular Biopsy since after multiple samples my sperm count has remained Zero so somehow sperms are either not getting produced or some obstruction is happening. Please suggest if Biopsy will do the job here as another doctor has suggested that only Biopsy will not be helpful I need a doctor who has a whole team like endrlogist who takes the sample, analyze it then and there and if possible freeze the sperm if they are present in tissue. It seems like the other doctor is asking me to follow an IVF route so please suggest which one would be better and systematic approach.
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!