Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had an abortion on 10th jan. I got hcg blood test done today. The result is 3.13 mIU/ml. What does this indicate? Is the pregnancy terminated?
I listen So many females getting breast milk on between 15 to 20 years age on maturity. Is it true. Can you explain. And Milk come out On teen age years between 15 to 20 years age. When it will produces on breast.
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Preterm babies with low birth weight
- Increased risk of premature delivery
- Gum bleeding
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.
Sir I was using medicines for postponing my periods last month. Than I had it, I had sex on second day of my period since then periods have stopped its been around 35 days. Can you tell me what can be the problem.
Ovulaion ka symptoms kya hain? Period k kitne din bad ovulaion hoti Hain? Ovulaion date k 1 day before sex krne se pregnency aaskti Hain?
Hi Me and my Gf had protected sex before 15 days there was a white discharged on condom. I checked whether its break but it was not break and now after 15 days she had white discharge on her undies? Is she pregnant what should we do or natural foods to postpone pregnancy?
Dear doctor We are trying for a baby since last 7 months we tried naturally for 4 months then we soaked help of a gyneco who did gave her meds did follicular study and gave her an egg rupture injection but that too did not help. My wifes blood tests and hormones are all fine. I did my semen analysis in march 2016 and my count was 18 mil/ml and motility 45. We kept trying naturally for 2 3 months again and I started taking QZAI tablet and good healthy diet in june 2016 it was 26 mil/ml and motility 45. I consulted a urologist who asked me to tale maxoza l and I got my scrotal ultrasound done which says I have varicocele grade 3 on left and grade 2 on right. The doctor has advised me a surgery as it may increase with time We have now decided to try with IUI as discussed with the doctor. What is your opinion also please suggest me somw really good IUI facility in north delhi.
Am 20 years old I done a abortion in 9thfl feb becoz my baby's cordial activity were missed Now am in my pregnancy plane I want to know the early pregnancy symptoms.
I want to reduce my breast milk as my baby is 12 month, I still want to breastfeed her, but my breasts are all time overfull which I want to reduce, pls suggest medicine that reduce supply but not stop the supply.
I have cyst on my left ovary 35 mm and 33 mm right ovary 7m egg is there but it is not increasing can I get pregnancy or not?
My mensuration has not come yet, I think am pregnant I want to remove it with drugs but I do not know the drugs name.
My usg done today it showed blighted ovum. As my weeks of pregnancy has to be 12, but only 7 weeks was shown in usg. Dr. Said for repeat usg and it is doubting as threatened abortion. What is the reason behind and what precautions should I take?
I am a lactating mother of 9 months 2nd baby (my ist baby is 4 years old) due 2 which I have calcium deficiency since 1 week followed by the symptoms numbness &tingling in hands & feet. Pain in joints, hallucinations,memory loss. Sitting under the sunlight gives me some relief.
Hey, I took an ipill on the 1 May and now out of the blue I have a itch there n now there is bleeding. My period isn't due till 18 may. M worried, what should I do.
Hello Doctor, I suddenly found that's my breasts are getting lump, but it is painful. Please help me.
I am in very great confusion. Am married from 17th months and trying to conceive eagerly bcoz of my age factor, but am taking fertility medicine i.e Clomid, smartnova, Clomipure from dec 2015 till july 2016. My present Dr. told me to take again clomipure and do follicular study and then IUI. But one of my friends aunty is also gyane and she told me not to take any induction medicine bcoz these are not healthy and she only suggest me Dupashton from day 12th and follicle acid. please suggest me now what will I do.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.