Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello All, I am 25 year, I got married 5 month before and would like to know about the precaution. We both are planning to take Precaution as we are not ready for child now. I want to know about DEPO PROVERA INJECTION. Is it good to take injection precaution method or I should go for any other option? Is there any side effect to use this precaution or we should go for regular pill?
My mother aged 45 had a problem of heavy period bleeding after which she consulted a gynae and she gave her primolut n medicine which controlled the condition. Few days back consulted another gynaecologist. She wrote some tests such as pelvic ultrasound, pap smear, endometrial biopsy .the results of the tests came clear. Only ultrasound shown bulky uterus with small fibroids and level of prolactin serum high .after which she suggested some vitamin medicines and said to continue primolut n only from 5th day of month. She stopped taking primolut. And after 2-3 days again the problem of abdomen pain and bleeding is happening. Please help and suggest some solution immediately.
Is my girlfriend pregnant as we had unprotected sex on 5 feb and its was on her ovulation day she is not showing any signs of pregnancy uptil now.
The popularity of Ayurveda as an alternative form of medicine has been on the rise for sometime as it is effective, holistic and without side effects. One of the forms of ayurvedic treatment which has been practiced for ages and has resurged in popularity over the past few decades is the Panchakarma Therapy. Let's take a look at this form of alternative healing.
What exactly is Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma therapy, which literally translates into five therapies, is the primary form of detoxification and purification of the body in Ayurveda. The functions of Panchakarma are to remove stress and toxins which may cause illnesses as well as the re-balancing of energies or the doshas that govern all of the biological functions within the body.
Individual parts of the Therapy:
- Vamana: This is a medicated and controlled form of regurgitation or vomiting which is used to loosen the toxins within the body and then flushing them out of the system and to balance Kapha doshas. It is also used to clear the respiratory tract. It is extremely beneficial in case the patient has Chronic Allergies, Hyperacidity, congestion, Bronchial Asthma, obesity among other disorders.
- Basti or the irrigation of the colon: Although this treatment is used as a rejuvenating treatment, the main purpose of basti is to flush out the toxins with the body through the use of an enema and to clear the colon of toxins. This is often considered the mother of all Panchakarma treatments as it clears out toxins from all three doshas, namely Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
- Virechana or purgation of the toxins through the gastrointestinal tract: This therapy is meant to purge the entire toxins from the body via the gastrointestinal tract. Its primary targets are to detoxify the liver and the gallbladder. If you suffer from Asthma, Digestive disorders, Constipation, hyperacidity, headaches, chronic fever or diabetes, this treatment can be of immense help.
- Nose cleaning or Nasya: The main aim of this treatment is to clean the toxins of the head and neck area. This is achieved by administering of special medicated oils through the nose and then cleaning the Kapha toxins that have accumulated over time.
- Raktamokshana: This is a rare procedure but performed in extreme cases and involves blood letting in a very controlled manner and minute quantities to detoxify the body.
Importance of the Panchakarma Diet: This is one of the most important parts of the Panchakarma Therapy as none of the treatments mentioned above will be effective if you don't follow this proper diet. Treatments can be individual or a combination of multiple parts mentioned above and has been known to be very effective in curing a variety of disorders if followed properly with the diet.
I have been detected as high bp patient since last 8 months. Taking starpress xl 12.5 now bp is in normal range. Still doctor asked to continue medicine recently thyroid nd pcos also detected, taking medicine obimet sr 500 I feel strong dizziness for quite long time, it is strong for sometime. Pls suggest age 27 years, weight 66 kg. Height 5ft 3 inch.
I am 18 years old female having hormones imbalance. Menstrual cycle is abnormal and I am having very less bleeding. I am taking treatment from 2 years but I am not feeling better. Please help me.
The food we eat needs to be digested properly. Digestion ki is prakriya ke dauraan hamare pet mein ek acid banta hai. But most of the times the quantity of this acid produced is more than it is required. This may cause khatte dakaar, which may lead to a burning sensation in the throat and chest, gas and fatigue.
Gale mein jalan ke aur bhi reasons ho sakte hain. Khaane se allergy, bacterial and viral infections and inflammation of the oesophagus kuch aise he reasons hain. Many a times, pain in throat is due to viral infections such as the common cold or flu which is accompanied by running nose, khaansi aur bukhar.
To deal with mild burning sensation in the throat, it is important to introduce a few lifestyle-related changes. Bazaar mein bhi medications uplabhd hain jo gale ki jalan se rahat dilati hain. This article explains some remedies to bring relief in case of gale ki jalan.
Self Help: Weight loss stomach par pressure kam karta hai and it also eases acid reflux. This, in turn, helps reduce burning sensation in throat. Lemon juice aur apple cider vinegar ko paani ke saath lene se bhi gale ko araam milta hain.
As a best practice, gale ki jalan se raahat paane ke liye aap choti meals frequently lein. Reduce alcohol, quit smoking, zyada masaledaar khane ko avoid karein aur khoob paani piyein.
- Baking soda: Adhe teaspoon baking soda ko ek glass paani mein mix karke peene se gale mein jalan kam hoti hai. Yeh humare stomach ke acid ko neutralize karta hai.
- Aloe vera: Khaana khaane se pehle ek cup of aloe vera juice peene se gale aur seene ki jalan se bacha jaa sakta hain. Yeh ek laxative ki tarah kaam karta hain and also brings relief in case of constipation.
- Throat sprays and lozenges: Chloraseptic spray has antibiotic and numbing properties. Yeh gale ke dard ko bhi kam karte hain aur infection ko bhi thik kar dete hain. Lozenges bazaar mein asaani se mil jaati hain and it helps soothe an irritated throat.
- Ayurvedic treatment: Raw amla gale ko araam deta hai aur acidity se rahat deta hai. Tulsi ke patte roz subah khaali pet khane se gas nai banti hai aur gale ki jalan mein araam milta hain. Gur is also an effective cure for the condition as it soothes the throat. Dhoodh mein haldi mila kar lena cures any type of throat infection and reduces pain.
We are married couple (32 age Male, 29 age Female). We have been trying to conceive for last 4 months. We need to use lubrication (Vaseline) during the sex. What are some of pregnancy friendly lubricant that I can buy in local stores.
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.
Dear Sir/Madam, My daughter whose age is 20 and weight 70 kg is having menstrual problem as her period is irregular and not clear. Each month it bleeds for app. 23 days. Her hemoglobin is 13. Doctors prescribed haem up c for 30 days but no improvement. At this age hormone medicine is also not advised Please suggest what to do or is this the symptoms of major problem.
I m a beta thalassemia person. And my body colour is getting yellowish day by day. Is there any natural way to overcome this? And also since few months my chest is paining.
फिटकरी एक रासायनिक यौगिक (हाइड्रेटेड पोटेशियम एल्यूमीनियम सल्फेट) है जो संरचना में क्रिस्टल जैसा दिखता है। अपने स्वाभाविक रूप से होने वाली अवस्था में, 2,000 से अधिक वर्षों तक इस पदार्थ का उपयोग विभिन्न प्रकार के अनुप्रयोगों में किया गया है। फिटकरी जल शोधन, आफ़्टरशेव उपचार और बुराई के प्रभावों को रोकने के लिए जाना जाता है। फिटकरी के पाउडर का इस्तेमाल विभिन्न प्रकार के अनुप्रयोगों में किया जाता है जैसे डीओडरन्ट और अचार तैयार करना, क्योंकि यह बैक्टीरियल वृद्धि को बाधित करने में सक्षम है। फिटकरी के पाउडर का उपयोग चमड़े के कमानों, रंगाई, बेकिंग पाउडर और अग्निरोधी वस्त्रों में भी किया जाता है।
फिटकरी का लाभ
आप मुँहासे और मांसपेशियों में ऐंठन सहित स्वास्थ्य स्थितियों की विस्तृत श्रृंखला को हल करने के लिए फिटकरी का उपयोग कर सकते हैं।
1. नासूर घावों के लिए: आम तौर पर नासूर के घावों के लिए, फिटकरी का एक छोटा टुकड़ा पाउडर कर के, एक चुटकी नासूर की पीड़ा के भीतर दबाया जाता है। मुँह के छाले के लिए, आप इसको उबलते पानी मे डालकारर इसका माउथवॉश भी बना सकते है।
2. शेविंग के लिए: फिटकरी का उपयोग सदियों से एक आफ़्टरशेव के रूप में किया गया है। शेविंग के बाद, कुछ सेकंड के लिए गीला चेहरे पर थोड़ा सा फिटकरी रगड़ें।
3. पैरों के दाद के लिए: फिटकरी पाउडर शायद पैरों के दाद से निपटने के लिए सबसे अच्छा घरेलू उपाय है। गर्म पानी में 2-3 चम्मच फिटकरी पाउडर शामिल करें और लगभग 20 मिनट तक अपने पैरों को इसमें डाल लें। पैरों के दाद को तेजी से कम करने के लिए इससे रोजाना करें।
4. मुँहासे के लिए: फिटकरी का उपयोग मुंह के निशान, मुँहासे निशान, मुँहासे और मुँहासे उपचार के लिए व्यापक रूप से किया जाता है। फिटकरी पाउडर को पानी के साथ मिलाकर मुँहासे पर लागू करें। इसे 20 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और चेहरे को साफ पानी से धो लें।
5. बालों को हटाने के लिए: प्राचीन युग में महिलाएं ऊपरी होंठ बाल जैसे अवांछित चेहरे के बाल को हटाने के लिए फिटकरी का उपयोग करती हैं। वैक्सिंग या बालों को काटने के बाद गुलाब के पानी के साथ फिटकरी पाउडर का मिश्रण लगाने से बालों का विकास धीमा हो सकता है।
6. काले घेरे और ब्लैकहैड्स के लिए: फिटकरी से बना फेस पैक ब्लैकहैड्स को हटाने और काले घेरे का इलाज करने के लिए बहुत अच्छा काम करता है।
7. रूसी और जूँ के लिए: रूसी को कम करने और खुजली वाली खोपड़ी का इलाज करने के लिए, स्नान करने के दौरान, शैम्पू में फिटकरी पाउडर और नमक की एक चुटकी मिलाएं।
8. एक डिओडोरेंट के रूप में: फिटकरी एंटीसेप्टिक और जीवाणुरोधी गुणों के कारण एक डिओडोरेंट के रूप में अद्भुत है। केवल एक ध्यान रखने की बात यह है कि इसे दैनिक उपयोग नहीं किया जाना चाहिए।
9. मामूली रक्तस्राव के लिए: फिटकरी का इस्तेमाल मामूली घाव और खरोंच के कारण छोटे रक्तस्राव के इलाज के लिए किया जाता है। घाव पर फिटकरी पाउडर छिड़कने से रक्तस्राव को रोकने में मदद मिल सकती है।
10. पेचिश के लिए: शोधकर्ता का का कहना है कि फिटकरी जड़ पेचिश के प्रबंधन में मदद कर सकती है।
फिटकरी बहुत सस्ता भी है, तो विभिन्न प्रकार की बीमारियों के उपचार के लिए फिटकरी का एक ब्लॉक घर पर रखने का प्रयास करें!
I have unprotected sex for last month and I suffer from all pregnancy symptoms my period were also late. But period occur with heavy bleeding 4 days late. And 2nd day of period there is no bleeding. What is the reason?
Hi doc. I used precaution bt April 1st itself I got abortion na so is it good to have sex now. thanks.
I am 22 years old I have already two years baby. My last periods is on 25.06.2016 till now I dint get my periods. I took pregnancy test so it is positive. I want to abort it pls suggest me tablet and the procedure its urgent please.
She has already taken abortion pills 2 times. If she take again then she feel any problems in future or not .What is duration of taking oral pills. Up to how much days. From last menstrual.
Ma'am I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27 August and she took I pill (ecp) after 6 hours. After 4 days I.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and she blessed for four days. Now after 21 days of intercourse, we did 4 home urine pregnancy test which were on 18 September, 25 September, 2 October and 9th October. We even did a bhcg test on 18th October, the results were <1.2 miU/mL. Then she started bleeding from 23October to 29th October. This month also, The bleeding started day before yesterday I.e. On 23rd Nov. My question is can we rule out pregnancy now but she is having fever severe stomach pain and feels like vomiting. please help.
Indian summer vegetable - Ridged gourd (tori, turai)
Ridged gourd- It is also known by other names such as loofah, luffa, turai, turiya, tori etc.
It helps in purifying blood, lower the sugar level of the blood and it is good for stomach. We can also drink the juice of tori in the morning which will help you to protect from infections.