Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu GuptaYour feedback matters!
If I had any unprotected sex after 2 days when her periods got over then what is the chances of getting pregnant? I heard that before and after 4 days of periods its safe. What are the things to be taken care of while having unprotected sex if partner has safe health?
My daughter suffering is from vomitting and loose motion yesterday onwadsnothing I gave to her fem outside then why.
Doctor, I am 46 and diabetic for about 2 years now. Last week, I scalded the inner side my right ankle just above the ankle bone. It hasn't healed yet and now the foot has a tingling sensation. I am using honey to cure the wound as my physician as well as information online say that honey is a natural remedy for burns, wounds in diabetics and I have experienced its healing power with an earlier wound. Please advise me, doctor. Thank you.
I'm 26 years old female. I'm having anemia problem from past 3 years. I was taking some iron supplements such as livogen. 2 years back my weight was 54 now it's increased to 74. I have taken some thyroid tests also everything was normal except hemoglobin. It was around 9%.if I stop taking iron supplements it's decreasing. Can you pls suggest me how can I improve my hemoglobin levels and how can I proceed to reduce my weight.
I have a headache problem last 3 months please me a gud doc. Bcz I can't do my work well. please reply as soon as possible.
I got pile that gives me very pain so Sir advise me how to get telex with medicine and other physical work which will give peace.
I'm in my eighth month of pregnancy. Could I make love with my hubby? Would it impact the baby. If not any advices on safe sexual positions?
How often should I visit you for checkups in order to stay as healthy as possible and avoid diabetic complications?
I have pain in back side of head when I read. I have consulted with eye doctor. There is no problem in my eyes. What is the problem and how can I get rid of this problem.
My dict size is 2 inch, in erection it is 4 inch. I want to increase the size by 2 inch. Please help me also I get problem getting erection, n my erection fades off in 10 to 20 second without ejaculation. Need help urgent.
My bilirubin count is 2.0. But I do not have any symptoms of hepatitis. Do I need to consult a doctor?
What is typhoid fever?
Typhoid fever or enteric fever is a digestive tract infection in which there is fever, headache, and abdominal pain or discomfort. It is very common in developing countries like india.
What are the causes and risk factors?
Typhoid fever is caused by a bacterium called salmonella typhi which is transmitted through contaminated water or food (feco-oral or urine-oral route).
Risk factors include:
- Travelling to areas where typhoid fever is a common disease.
- Being in a profession where contamination with bacteria is likely. Like those working in laboratories.
- Coming in close contact with a person suffering from typhoid.
- Drinking/ eating contaminated water or food.
How will you know if you have typhoid fever?
Signs and symptoms develop gradually over the period of 10-14 days after exposure to the bacteria.
Signs and symptoms include an irregular fever that can go up to 104.9 ˚f (40.5 ˚c), headache, pain in abdomen, tiredness, muscle pain, loss of appetite, nausea, constipation or diarrhoea, skin rash.
How is typhoid fever diagnosed?
Your doctor will do a physical examination and carry out some tests.
Physical findings in early stages include abdominal tenderness, enlarged spleen and liver, enlarged lymph nodes, and development of a rash (also known as rose spots because of their appearance).
- Blood tests: typhidot test igm and igg antibodies, blood culture to test for salmonella typhi.
- Stool and urine analysis
- Bone marrow culture: it is the most sensitive test, but it is rarely required except in patients who have already received antibiotics and not getting any better.
- Widal antigen test: this test can be done, but there is a longer waiting phase of about 10 days till results can be seen, it is time-consuming and could give false positive results.
What is the treatment for typhoid fever?
- Antibiotics are the only effective treatment option for typhoid fever.
- Due to increased resistance to ciprofloxacin the new drugs of choice are azithromycin and ceftriaxone.
- In some cases, chloramphenicol, co-trimoxazole and amoxicillin may also be effective.
- Fluid intake should be increased to prevent dehydration.
What are the complications of typhoid fever?
If not treated and sometimes even after treatment, there can be serious complications due to typhoid like pneumonia, meningitis (inflammation of meninges of brain), infection in bones (osteomyelitis), intestinal perforation and intestinal haemorrhage.
A doctor needs to be consulted if a person starts developing the symptoms few days after travelling to a place where typhoid is prevalent.
How can typhoid fever be prevented?
- Typhoid fever can be prevented by improving sanitation facilities and drinking clean drinking water.
- Always wash your hands with soap and warm water after using restrooms, before eating or cooking food.
- Maintaining optimum personal hygiene is the key to preventing this disease.
- Travellers should not drink untreated water; avoid adding ice to their drinks and should not eat ice creams or milk products or street foods that are a rich source of the infection.
- Vaccines are available that give partial protection. Vaccines usually are reserved for those who may be exposed to the disease or are travelling to areas where typhoid fever is common.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a disorder, which causes cysts or fluid filled growths, which may grow on the ovaries and cause havoc with a woman's hormones and sexual health. Not only does this condition play with your health, but it also causes extreme pain on your abdomen which may increase during the periods. Homeopathy has many cures for various types of PCOS in the form of various medications.
- Natrum Mur: PCOS may manifest differently in different women. One of the most commonly reported symptoms of PCOS is of irregular and suppressed periods. Natrum Mur is an effective remedy for this condition. Women who are trying to conceive may also benefit if their efforts to do so have failed.
- Pulsatilla: This is an effective medication in case PCOS has affected your menstrual periods in such a way that you have very scanty periods. Your periods may come after long gaps and may be very painful. Some symptoms, which the patient might exhibit would be a lack of thirst and a desire to be in open air all the time.
- Sepia: This is the most prescribed medication among the other homeopathic remedies for PCOS as it is known to have multiple benefits. Not only does it correct irregular and short periods, it is also effective in reducing the inflammation of the ovaries caused by the presence of the cysts. Cases where sepia is administered may show symptoms of mental irritability and being sensitive to cold air.
- Calcarea Carb: Some women may get periods, which are quite profuse and may be longer in terms of duration. It may make you prone to gaining weight as well. Calcarea carb is a very effective medication, which can effectively control these symptoms. Calcarea carb will be prescribed to you if you have a craving for boiled eggs and have heavy sweating (know more about Sweating problem) on the head as external symptoms.
- Thuja Occidentalis: This medicine is usually prescribed to women if they have multiple cysts within the left ovary. These cysts may not cause much inflammation, but will be quite painful. It is also prescribed in cases where a woman may get male pattern hair growth on the body. Thuja is very effective is dissolving cysts and thus can quickly correct hormonal imbalances caused by these. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.