Types, symptoms and treatment for Diabetes
Hello viewers, mera naam Dr. Ritez Kumar hai. Main M.D Medicine hu and I have a keen interest in treating Diabetes. Aaj hum thoda diabetes ke baare mei jaanege ke kya precautions hai? Kyun hota hai? Aur kaise hum ekatthe ho kar visualize therapy taiyaar karte hai.
Toh pehle hum shuru karte hai ke diabetes hai kya?
Jab bhi hum khaana khate hai toh wo absorb hota hai aur sugar humare blood mein jaata hai. Is sugar ko use karne ke liye insulin naam ki ek hormone ki zarurat hoti hai aur is insulin ka kaam hota hai ki ye aapke cells mein is sugar ko use karwaye. Toh fir, generally diabetes do tarah se hota hai; ya toh aap insulin bana nahi rahe ya aapke body mein insulin resistance hai arthaat insulin aapki body mein kaam nahi kar paa raha hai. Bas inhi do kaarano se diabetes hota hai.
Diabetes ka pata kaise chalta hai?
Generally koi symptoms hote hai jaise ki thakavat aana, bahut zada pyaas lagna, unintended weight loss hona, baar baar pishaab ko janaa, inhi kuch symptoms ke sath diabetes ka diagnosis hota hai. Agar aapke ghar pe kisi ko diabetes hai, agar aap pregnant hai, 30 saal ke upar hai, lifestyle aapki active nahi hai yaani ki baithe rehne ka hi zada kaam hai toh aap apne diabetes ya sugar ka test zaroor karwaye. Diabetes generally do ya teen type ke hote hai ek Type 1 Diabetes hota hai jisme insulin banta hi nahi, iska treatment kewal aur kewal insulin hi hai. Zada tar logo mein Type 2 Diabetes hota hai jisme insulin banta hai par aapki body usse use nahi kar paati. Teesri jo common tarah ki diabetes hai usse hum Gestational diabetes bolte hai jo ki pregnant females mein hota hai. Diabetes ka test bahut simple hai, isme ek blood test kiya jata hai, fasting blood sugar aapka agar 125 ya usse zada hai toh aapko diabetes hai.
Ek test hota hai HbA1c jo ki teen mahine ka average batata hai aapke sugar ka, agar aapka HbA1c 6.5 se zada hai toh bhi aapko diabetes hai. Zadatar time ab hum random ya khane ke baad wala sugar nahi karte lekin fir bhi agar aap kabhi karate hai aur 200 se zada aata hai toh aapko further test ki zarurat hai ye pata karne ke liye ke aapko sugar hai ya nahi hai. Diabetes se diqatte kya hoti hai? Dekhiye, diabetes jo hai wo ek progressive bimaari hai as such bade saare logo ko lagta hai ki ye jo thakavat hai, ye jo weight loss ho raha hai, ye normal lifestyle ka part hai but aisa hai nahi, diabetes aapke body ke har part ko involve karta hai. Major complications jo ho sakte hai jaise aapko dil ka daura padh sakta hai, lakwa maar sakta hai, pair mein gangrene ho sakta hai, pairo ki nase such sakti hai jiske wajah se aapko chalne mein diqqat aa sakti hai, aankhein kharaab ho sakti hai, gurde kharaab ho sakti hai, pet ki diqqat ho sakti hai, sexual activity mein diqqat aa sakti hai, koi bhi chota infection bahut jaanlewa ho jaata hai, isliye diabetes ka control bahut zaruri hai aur jitna early hum iska treatment start kare utna hi aapke liye faidemand hai.
Ab diabetes ke liye treatment kya hai?
Diabetes ke treatment ko hum generally do bhaago mein divide karte hai; ek hai lifestyle management aur dusra dawaiya. Lifestyle management mein main humesha apne maarizon ko samjhata hu ke ye dawaiyon se zada important hai. Lifestyle management mein teen cheezein aati hai: weight control, diet and exercise. Weight control mein bhi fir teen cheezein aati hai ke aapko motivated hona hoga ke aap weight lose karna chahte hai ya nahi aur iska exercise pattern bhi hum individualize karte hai ke aapko kya karna pasand hai. Agar aapke ghutno mein dard hai toh shayad aap walking na kar paaye, aapke liye cycling better hai. Agar aap yoga karne chahte hai toh uske liye bhi hum individualize karege but depend karta hai aapko pasand kya hai. Issi tarah se se diet ko bhi individualize kiya jata hai. Ye sabhi ko pata hai ke diabetes mein sugar nahi khana hota, aaloo ki cheezein nahi khaani hoti hai, but regional differences hote hai, cultural differences hote hai aur us hisaab se hum aapko batate hai ke kya khana hai aur kya nahi khana. By and large, complex carbohydrates, fresh fruits, jo ki bahut zaada meethe na ho, healthy portion of vegetable and salads.
Ek rule of thumb hai jo ki har diabetic patient ko follow karna chahiye. Exercise ke baare mein kam se kam aadha ghanta, bahut acha ho agar aap 45 minutes har din walk kar paaye, kam se kam hafte mein 5-7 din. Diabetes mein medicines bahut tareeke ke hote hai, maine pehle bhi bataya ki Type 1 diabetes ka ilaaj sirf aur sirf insulin hai, Type 2 diabetes mein different medications hai aur diabetes bahut hi advancing field hai jisme ke din ba din naye drugs aa rahe hai. Ye aap apne doctor se mile, aapke kis level ka diabetes hai, aapko sath mein kya complications hai, aapke tests kya reveal karte hai, aur aap kis regimen ko follow kar sakte hai, us hisaab se hum aapke diabetes ka plan banate hai. Aqsar hum sugar ki mareezon ko ye pata nahi hota kea cha sugar control bolte kisko hai. Acha sugar control hum tab bolte hai jab aapka bhuke pet wala ya fasting wala sugar 140 se kam ho. Agar random karwa rahe hai ya khan eke do ghante baad wala karwate hai toh wo 180 se kam hona chahiye aur teen mahine ka average batane wala HbA1c, 7 se kam rehna chahiye. Agar aap ye teeno goal achieve karte hai, iska matlab hai ke aapka sugar acha control hai.
Agar aap humare sath judna chahte hai, diabetes ka treatment karwane chahte hai ya kuch aur jaanna chahte hai toh, please contact me through lybrate.com. Thank you so much.Type Diabetes read more
Book Clinic Appointment
Well Woman Healthcheck
Accident Injuries Treatment
Treatment of Joints And Musculoskeletal Disorders
Submit a review for Dr. Ritez KumarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Ritez is one of the best doctors I have known. Have visited him for multiple ailments. His advice has immensely benefited me. Highly recommended!
Dr. Ritez Kumar is the best doctor I have ever known. I have visited him a few times and his advice has helped me immensely. Highly recommended!
Dr Ritez is one of the best doctors I have known. Have visited him multiple times and his treatment has been very beneficial for me.
Dr Ritez Kumar is one of the best doctors I have ever consulted. His advice has helped me a lot and I would highly recommend him..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritez Kumar to be very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, well-reasoned and sensible.
sir thank you very much for your quick advice upon my querry it was really very helpful to my wife
Vishnu Shankar Lahase
Dr. Ritez Kumar provides answers that are very helpful. Your answer satisfied me thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritez Kumar to be very helpful. Thank you sir!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritez Kumar to be very helpful. very helpful
Dr. Ritez Kumar provides answers that are caring. I like advice given for uric acid
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritez Kumar to be very helpful. Good answer
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ritez Kumar to be very helpful.
Dr. Ritez Kumar provides answers that are very helpful. Thanxxc dr
Dr. Ritez Kumar provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
Absolutely right treatment for my complicated diabetes
Hi, I see blood in my urine for last two days, sometime back I had seen blood in my semen two weeks ago, the semen blood I saw some 8 ~ months ago but hot alright without medication. Now I see this to be getting serious please advise. Me recent lab blood and urine test give below info. eosinophil 6.3 MCV 98.23 RDW- SD 61.9 RDW- CV 16.5 % KIDNEY PANEL- 2 BLOOD UREA 25.4 mg/dL 21-40 Serum, areas, GLDH SERUM CREATININE 1.3 mg/dL 0.5-1.2 Serum, Jaffes URIC ACID 5.1 mg/dl 3.5-7.2 Serum, Uricase SODIUM* 145 mmol /L 136-145 Serum, Ion Selective Electrode POTASSIUM* 4.18 mmol /L 3.5-5.1 Serum, Ion Selective Electrode CHLORIDE* 98.7 mmol /L 98-107 Serum, Ion Selective Electrode CALCIUM* 9.4 mg/dl 8.6-10.3 Serum, OCPC PHOSPHOROUS SERUM* 2.7 mg/dl 2.6-4.5 Serum, Phosphomolybdate BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen) 12 mg/dl 8.4-21.04 Serum, Calculated BUN/CREATININE RATIO 9.13 Ratio 10-20 Serum, Calculated UREA/CREATININE RATIO* 19.54 Ratio VITAMIN B12 LEVEL* 108. VITAMIN D, 25 HYDROXY* 10.68.
Last month I have had sex with my boyfriend. After that my ultrasound was done of the whole abdomen. In report it is concluded that I am suffering from PID. I have attached my reports in my profile. Please give me the details of PID and also can my boyfriend also be affected from PID? What are the consequences of PID?
Dear sir My mother is suffering problems in left lungs that problem is according to doctor report 1.Secondary spontaneous pneumothorax (L.L) 2.broncho pleural fistula 3. F/C/O DLPD (likely sarcoidosis) 4. Diabetes mellitus type 2 Please help me what can you do for best treatment.
I am 18 years old, I've been having sex since 7-8 months now, early I was fine with anal sex, but from past 2-3 months I am not able to do it, it does hurt a lot while doing and later also a pinching sensation remains for few hours or while peeing. Whats the cause for this?
A question to homeopathy doctor or any doctor concerns I am suffering from long term parasite health issues, I am made to inject vitamin B12 every month or when ever required. It is confirmed after injection administration my gastric issue suppress for month. Any permanent remedy before they make me IBS patient at 55 yrs.
Dr, What's the indication of presence of pus cells and RBCs present in Urine and stool tests. Presence of mucus in stool and epithelial cells in urine. Patient is having bloating for 3 days.
Trouble in urine passing feeling so much pain during peeing. Feeling something is stuck while doing pee.
Food is one of the most common ways of getting an infection, and so the stomach is more prone to infections than other body parts. Whether it is eating raw or uncooked foods or unhygienic foods, the stomach bears the brunt of one’s bad food practices. The only consoling factor is that it is equally easy to treat a stomach infection if some simple measures are adhered to.
Read on to know some of the easiest and most effective ways to treat a stomach infection.
- Drink it right: What you drink and how you drink makes a lot of difference to the way your stomach infection will respond. The vomiting, diarrhoea and sweating is robbing the body of a lot of fluids, and so replenishing this fluid along with minerals is very essential. Ensure you drink a lot of clear liquids like water, coconut water, clear soups, sports drinks, and other energy drinks. Electrolyte replacement can be added to improve their efficacy. Herbal teas like ginger tea and peppermint tea are highly recommended to soothe the stomach too. At the same time, avoid caffeine, strong black tea, alcohol, and chocolate as they are detrimental to the already affected stomach.
- Eat right: Even on a regular basis, you are what you eat. So, when your stomach is already infected, eating right assumes a lot more importance. Go easy on the stomach and give it something easy to digest, yet of high nutritional value. Banana, rice, apple, and toast (abbreviated as BRAT) is very easy and packs in good nutrition for the recovering stomach. Avoid a lot of fibres, fatty foods, greasy foods, sugars, and dairy products which are hard for the stomach to digest. Eat small meals, but eat a lot more frequently than you otherwise would.
- Rest well: With the body losing a lot of fluids and nutrition along with it, the body would naturally feel very tired and fatigued. Let the body run its course, and give it the rest it demands. In the next couple of days, once the virus has run its course, this will resolve.
- Medications: Stomach infection is usually caused by a virus, and so antibiotics do not play a curative role here. However, if you have high fever or body aches, Tylenol or acetaminophen can be used sparingly. If diarrhoea or vomiting is severe, loperamide or promethazine can also be used. However, this should be substituted with sufficient rest and nutrition (solid and liquids).
If these are not helping and you are not able to keep the food down, visit the doctor. Sometimes, a day or two in the hospital may be required for complete cure and recovery. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is very common disease. One is labeled as having hypertension when the patient's BP is more than 140/90.
Hypertension is of generally 2 types.
- Essential hypertension: No particular reason is found. This is the most common type And usually due to life style habits.
- Secondary hypertension: Here the BP goes up because of some other disease And once the main disease is treated the bp also becomes better.
Some causes of secondary hypertension are
- Kidney diseases
- Hormonal problems like thyroid disease, cushing's syndrome
- Certain medications
- Some rare tumors like adrenal tumors, pheochromocytoma etc.
- Alcohol abuse
- Drug addictions
Uncontrolled hypertension for long period can cause life threatening diseases like
- Heart attack.
- Paralysis due to brain stroke
- Kidney failure
Treatment consists of two parts.
- Lifestyle changes
Lifestyle changes include
- Low salt diet
- Eating fresh fruits and salads as at least one third of you diet as these are rich in potassium which helps to maintain low blood pressure.
- Exercise daily, such as walking for at least 45 minutes everyday.
- That would depend whether you have essential or secondary hypertension.
- In essential hypertension, No one medicine is for all. Your doctor will individualize the medicines as per your blood pressure, your blood report results and any Co existing disease like diabetes or kidney problem etc.
Goal of treatment
- Is to keep your blood pressure below 130/80 at all times And to prevent complications.
- Remember hypertension is deadly. However it can be easily managed. Lifestyle changes And medications complement each other. They do not substitute each other.
- With proper individualization of lifestyle changes And medications you can enjoy a normal and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.