Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ritesh NarulaYour feedback matters!
I work for an IT firm, hence most of the time I'm in front of computer screen. I sleep for at least 7 hrs. But if I don't drink tea in morning I get headaches by afternoon. Can I consider tea as a trigger for headache or is it working with computer cause of headaches?
I have a major problem related to my eyes I can not see anything in night when a straight light come to my eyes. And after that it start paining. And it cause many problems when i, m riding bike. Help me.
I am 23 year female. I want to go for LASIK. I am under medication for gastritis. Is it is good or any effects.
Hello doctor im not wearing any type of glasses but I just want to know from you which contact lenses and should I use to improve vision sharpness I mean which lenses power please recommend thax in advance.
I have so much problem in my eyes Although I have my eye glasses but I not able to work on phone or lapi for mor than an hour.
Hi, I am 25years old. I met with an injury near my eye because of which my eye bag is stretched down. I had shown it to the surgeon, he has asked me to do laser surgery to fix up the marks, which will also fix my stretched eye back to normal.
I have head ach and my eyes are red from last 3 days due to this am not able sleep properly. Can you prescribe me some medicines.
I have got red eyes since last 3 days. I am having headache and nausea and vomiting I have take paracetamol but there was no effect.
I am 15 years old and am having head ache And also my eyes are paining and am not able to do any work and getting slip while I am doing any work please help me doctor.
Suffering with photophobia Unable to travel in sun rays my eyes get closed and pain Need to work on computer for long hrs eyes getting red in clr and pain all the time Pls suggest me how to overcome eyes pain redness.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.