Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rita MalikYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old in the Last year of college. I had sex with my fiancé. I was under medications for menstrual cycle and some how I missed two medicines so I couldn't take it anymore. I had my periods on 30th april to 3rd may, I had it on 5th of May and just because of missed medicines I had my periods again on 9th to 12th. I am not sure whether I am pregnant although I had the tests done it's ll negative. Please help.
We are couple of 25year & 23year. Now we are not interested to take baby but want to enjoy our sexual life. Suggest me any other options to prevent pregnancy except using condom or pill. Thank you.
When you’re trying to conceive a baby, waiting for your next period can be a test of patience. If your menstrual cycle varies from month to month or if you haven’t been keeping track of your cycle dates you may not even be sure of when your period is to begin. However, a missed period is not the only sign of pregnancy. Here are ten others signs to watch out for.
- Sensitive nipples: As your hormone levels increase so does the blood supply to the breasts and nipples. This can make you feel extra sensitivity in the form of a tingling sensation around the nipples.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects most pregnant women but some women are spared this experience. Morning sickness can start as early as four weeks into the pregnancy and is marked by feelings of queasiness and an urge to vomit. Despite its name, morning sickness can affect a woman at any time of the day.
- Frequent urination: A combination of surging hormones and a higher volume of blood in the body can make your kidneys work extra hard. From the 6th week of pregnancy onwards, women find themselves urinating more frequently. This may also be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Food cravings: Cravings for ice cream, pickles etc. is often joked about when it comes to pregnancy, but this can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. After conceiving a baby, a woman is likely to go off certain flavours even though they may be things she liked otherwise. You may also notice a metallic taste in your mouth and change in your sensitivity to the smell of things as well.
- Tiredness: As the body gears up to nurture a growing foetus, mothers find themselves abnormally tired. Pregnancy hormones also add to this feeling along with making you upset and emotional. This fatigue is often highest in the first and third trimester.
- Darker nipples: Pregnancy hormones can also cause changes in the appearance of your skin. One of the first noticeable changes is darkening of the nipples. Your nipples may also become more erect and the bumps around them may become more pronounced.
- Spotting: It is easy to mistake light bleeding for a period, but if you are pregnant this is known as implantation bleeding. The reason for this spotting is not known but it occurs as the fertilised egg settles into the uterus. This spotting may also be accompanied by mild cramps.
- Bloating: Pregnancy hormones can make you feel bloated especially in the abdominal area. This feeling is similar to the feeling some women have just before their menstrual cycle begins.
- Mood swings: Pregnancy hormones affect neurotransmitters in the brain. For some women, this can cause heightened emotions while for others it can lead to depression and anxiety.
- High basal body temperature: Basal temperature refers to your lowest body temperature and is usually taken as soon as you wake up. If your basal temperature has been higher than normal for more than two weeks consecutively, it may be a sign that you are pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I had unsafe sex with my wife but I discharged my sperm outside her vagina . After 10 days she used a pregnancy test kit to check whether she is pregnant or not but the the kit shows single negative line. After someday of that test she also had normal period but following the next month her period delayed by 5 days and also she is suffering from waist pain , head ache , vomiting , uneasy feeling. Is she pregnant ?
Hi,i am 23 years old, but my breast is so small. I want to increase my breast size naturally. Please give me some tips ?
Me and my girlfriend had sex on july 31st 2016 without safety however I did not ejaculated sperms inside (her periods date was also on the same day only but they didn't came on that day) and on the very next day she got her periods normally. After that she got her periods normally for next 2 months I.e. Aug 31 nd sep 31st but for the month Oct 31st" 16 she still (Nov 7th 2016) didn't had her periods. So is there any chance that will she conceive after her normal periods continuously for 3 times after we met?
I am 31 years old man and my wife is 26 year old we both plan to baby last 3 month but not success so we went to the gynecologist Dr. And she done all test but all r negative. So what should I do. Pl. Help me.
Hi am 20 years old.Not married.I had my period last 12th of January. After that it has not happen yet.I thought dt I might be pregnant.But I didn't observe any kind of symptoms regarding pregnancy. Which medicine should I take to start my period in a regular manner?
Is it safe to have medicine such as (progesterone soft gelatin capsules) my gynecologist suggest me. Bcz I don't have periods every month. Due to low hemoglobin levels. And from last 2 months I didn't got periods. What should I do?
What are the foods that can entice a pregnant women as a women despite hungry shows reluctance to eat anything?
A sure-shot way of beating stress and correcting your blood pressure and heart rate is through hugging. Research has found that hugging a person for about 20 seconds releases oxytocin, popularly known as the love hormone, to counter the effects of the stress hormone cortisol.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I am 24 years female and I am 1 month pregnant and I don't want to take it continue. please confirm me the risk of it. And name and dosage of medicine.
Do you know about the various types of Ayurvedic herbs and the wide range of healthy properties they possess? Every herb used as a part of Ayurveda consists of several health benefits, which include healthier skin, weight loss, and overall vitality. Here are five power herbs, which are beneficial for women for maintaining good overall health:
- Guduchi ( giloy) : Guduchi, also known as Giloy, is an important power herb for women. It is rich in antioxidants and also possesses anti aging properties. Make a powder from the stem of this herb and consume it by mixing it with honey and water. It is ideal for women with diabetes, and also helps in the treatment of fevers, urinary tract disorders, several infections, water borne diseases, and digestive disorders. This herb extract is an ideal liver tonic and improves vision, stress, and cold. Your body’s platelet count also increases on taking this herb. Conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome are also treated.
- Wheat grass: This herb contains vitamin A, C, E, K, and B complex in high amounts, and is effective for improving your immunity. The herb is used ideally for helping cases of iron deficiency in women and preventing the occurrence of anemia. It contains large quantities of chlorophyll and helps in improving your body’s hemoglobin count. Wheat grass also contains proteins and amino acids in abundance. You can consume wheat grass in juice form and powdered form.
- Drumstick leaves: Also known as muringa, this is an effective herb, which is rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. It contains anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered to be a capable energy booster. You can add this herb to regular food and tea. It helps in improving your hemoglobin levels, improves the production of milk in lactating women and is also good for your bones.
- Lodhra: This powerful Ayurvedic herb is ideal for women in several ways. It is an effective coagulant and stops bleeding in wounds and gums. It is beneficial for treating uterus inflammation in women and supports women during excessive menstrual discharge during pregnancy. The herb also helps in maintaining uterus strength and physical strength, and prevents miscarriage.
- Shatavari: This powerful herb is quite beneficial for women who are of reproductive age. It is an effective herb, which helps in strengthening the entire female reproductive system. It helps a woman to move into menopause with peace and less distress. Hormonal balance is also kept in check by the properties of Shatavari. It is effective for boosting energy levels and body immunity.
These essential Ayurvedic power herbs should be taken by a woman regularly for keeping healthy and mentally sound. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My wife is seven months pregnant. She is34 years old. Our elder daughter is 11 years old. My wife is second pregnant. Since she started 4 month her feet started swelling. Dr. suggested shelcal HD and Autrin since she is felling well but swelling exist yet. After 11 years my wife is pregnant does that matter.
I am 32 year old female. I am 4 weeks pregnant as I found out through home pregnancy kit. I want to know when is the right time to meet the gynecologist as this is my first pregnancy.
Here are some postpartum tips for mothers
Good morning everybody. I am Dr. Meenu Goyal, consultant obstetrician and gynecologist at Goyal Medical Center, Vasant Vihar. Today we are here to discuss the postpartum issues. Bringing home a new child is one of the happiest moment in a woman's life but with that comes emotional and physical challenges. Physically she may feel weak, she may feel be having sore breasts or hemorrhoids or fecal incontinence or constipation or the stitch line side pain or she can even have a vaginal discharge or the weight gain issues. Emotionally she may be Feeling the baby blues, the postpartum depression and as regarding the partner she might be having some struggles with her intimate life. The husband might want to pick up from where they left before the baby's arrival but a woman would be struggling through and would be craving more for a good night sleep.
So we ask the ladies to take care of her certain things, drink plenty of water at least two to three liters of water in summers and at least eight to ten glasses in winters. Also they should be taking care of their sleep. They should have a good night sleep. They should expect vaginal discharge. Consult your doctor in case you have fever, you have a painful menstruation or you are having problems in Menstruation, you have any swelling redness or pain or any kind of a fouls smelling discharge from your stretch line or you have any new belly pain or you have any kind of swelling tenderness or swelling in the legs or you have any problems with defecation like you have constipation or in case of any dirty discharge or any red colored discharged from your nipples.
Don't worry in case of any problem you just consult a gynecologist or you can chat with me or text me or email me or you can connect me through lybrate.com or at my clinic at Goyal Medical Center, Vasant Vihar.