Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rita KapoorYour feedback matters!
Preconception planning and health care focus on things you can do before and between pregnancies to increase your odds of having a healthy child. For a few women, preparing their body for pregnancy takes a couple of months. For others, it may take longer. Here are a few things you should consider in your preconception planning:
- See your doctor: Before getting pregnant, consult a doctor and talk to them about the preconception healthcare needs. The doctor will need to examine your family history and any other medical conditions you may have at present that could influence your future pregnancy.
- Medical conditions: In case you have any medicinal conditions, make sure they are under control and being dealt with properly. Some of these conditions include: sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), diabetes, thyroid, phenylketonuria (PKU), seizures, hypertension, joint inflammation, dietary issues and other chronic diseases.
- Lifestyle and behavior: Consult a doctor or a specialist in case you smoke, drink liquor or use drugs; live in an unpleasant or oppressive environment; or work with or live around harmful substances.
- Medication: Consuming certain medicines during pregnancy can bring about genuine birth defects. These include some remedy and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and dietary or home grown supplements. In case you are planning a pregnancy, you need to examine the requirement for any medicine with your specialist before becoming pregnant and ensure you are taking just those medicines that are vital.
- Take 400 micrograms of folic acid every day: Folic acid is a vital nutrient that the body requires, especially during pregnancy. If a woman has enough folic acid in her body at least one month before and during pregnancy, it can prevent some birth defects of the infant's brain and spine.
- Quit drinking alcohol, smoking, and using drugs: Smoking, drinking liquor and consuming drugs can bring about numerous issues during pregnancy for a woman and her child which may include untimely birth, birth imperfections, and newborn death.
- Dodge toxic substances and environmental contaminants: Dodge lethal substances and other ecological contaminants and destructive materials at work or at home. For example, engineered chemicals, metals, bug sprays, fertilizers and animal faeces.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Women who are overweight have a higher risk for some serious conditions, including complications during pregnancy, coronary disease, type-2 diabetes and certain other diseases (endometrial, bosom, and colon). Women who are underweight are likewise at risk for other medical issues. The way to accomplish and keep up a sound weight is not about short-term dietary changes. One should maintain it throughout in order to stay healthy and fit.
- Family history: Gathering your family's health history can be critical for your child’s well-being. Depending upon your family history, you might be recommended to genetic counselling by your doctor. Women go for genetic counselling owing to different reasons such as having had premature deliveries in the past, an infant’s death, infertility, or even a hereditary condition or birth defect that happened during a past pregnancy.
I am 24 years old women suffering from panic attacks and fainting from past 2 months. Recently I have noticed my fear towards other humans being as friends apart from my small circle. I need to know the reason behind my fainting?
Food additive advantages
Some additives improve or maintain the food's nutritive value. Vitamins a, c, d, e, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folic acid, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide and iron are often added to foods such as flour, bread, biscuits, breakfast cereals, pasta, margarine, milk, iodized salt and gelatin desserts. Instead of vitamin c, you may see ascorbic acid listed. Alpha-tocopherol is another name for vitamin e, and beta carotene is a source of vitamin a. In addition to providing nutrients, food additives can help reduce spoilage, improve the appearance of foods and increase the availability of a variety of foods throughout the year.
Food additive disadvantages
Some food additives can potentially cause harmful side effects. For example, butylated hydroxyanisole, commonly known as bha, is a preservative used in foods including potato chips, crackers, beer, baked goods and cereal. It has been classified by the u. S. Department of health and human services as a preservative" reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen" sulfites, which are added to baked goods, wine, condiments and snack foods, could cause hives, nausea, diarrhea and shortness of breath in some people.
Colors are additives, too
Coloring, in the form of dyes, pigments or other substances, is technically considered a food additive. These substances are often used to enhance color that's lost due to storage or processing. Pigments derived from natural sources, such as vegetables, minerals or animals, are exempt from certification. Man-made colors require testing by both the manufacturer and the fda to ensure they meet specific guidelines for purity.
Artificial preservatives can help your food last longer without becoming contaminated with food-borne illnesses, which is the reason they're found in so many different processed foods. Although all artificial preservatives used in the united states have been deemed" generally recognized as safe" by the u. S. Food and drug administration, not all of these additives are 100-percent safe for everyone. Some preservatives are associated with adverse effects, which can involve an unpleasant reaction in people sensitive to a particular additive or a potential increased risk for cancer.
Artificial preservatives may act as antioxidants, make food more acidic, reduce the moisture level of food, slow down the ripening process and prevent the growth of microorganisms, all of which help the food last longer. This means you can make fewer trips to the store and have less food waste because the preservatives help minimize the amount of food you buy that goes bad before you can eat it.
Limiting foodborne illnesses
Approximately one out of every six americans get a foodborne illness each year, according to the centers for disease control and prevention. Without artificial preservatives to limit the spread of the organisms that cause these illnesses, this number might be even higher. Some of these illnesses, such as botulism, can be deadly.
Potential adverse reactions
Certain preservatives, including sulfites and sodium benzoate, may cause adverse reactions in a small percentage of the population. Sulfites help limit the growth of bacteria in wine and the discoloration of dried fruit, but can cause potentially deadly allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, including rashes, low blood pressure, diarrhea, flushing, abdominal pain, asthmatic reactions and anaphylactic shock. Sodium benzoate, also called benzoic acid, is used in acidic foods to keep microorganisms from growing. In sensitive individuals, it can cause asthma, hives.
Increased cancer risk
Although sodium benzoate is usually considered safe for people who aren't sensitive to it, when combined with ascorbic acid in acidic foods it can produce benzene, which may slightly increase your risk for leukemia and other types of cancer, according to the center for science in the public interest. Nitrates and nitrites, which are often used to preserve cured meats, such as lunch meat and hot dogs, may also increase your risk for certain types of cancers, according to the u. S. Environmental protection agency.
I am suffering from severe abdominal pain and over bleeding during my menstrual period. Wht cam I do?
Sir/Madam I recently met in sex with my gf. With precaution but stil my gd. Did not get period on date. She was fearing of pregnancy we met kn 13-08-16. Nd her actual date on this month is on 25-08 but she did not get. If she pregnant how to abort naturally please suggest me.
Hi Doctor, I am 27 years old Female, married in 2014. We are planning for baby now. But suddenly my weight increased in fast few months. I have been maintaining my weight in 70 kg for past two years. Now my weight is 100 kg. I have tested for Thyroid, but the result shows I don't have Thyroid. I visited gynaec doctor because of my weight increase, she confirmed I have slight pcos and prescribed Glyciphage 1000 mg Folvite 5 mg each day, I am taking it for past two months. Weight remains the same. No reduction in weight. Before taking the tablets my periods are regular even though I have pcos, after taking the tablets my periods got irregular. Now Gynaec Doc prescribed me Obifil diskets tablet. Will this Obifil tablet safe, also help in reduction of weight and in getting pregnant. Please advise me with some tips and revert back asap.
When I do fast I dnt feel hungry bt I feel so much thrusts so please help me what to do so I may not feel thrusts please let me know.
During sexual intercourse if wife is unable to discharge. If there is possibility of fertilization of ovum.
My gf is not having her periods from last 2 months. But we tried to have sex just 7 days before from today. I didn't penetrate in her vagina but I ejaculated on her skin and wiped out immediately. Is there any chance of pregnancy? please help me.
A mundane life is something every person dreads. While people fail to find time to indulge in modes of entertainment regularly, there's a handy way to relieve them of stress. The key to remedy their woes is in their own hands. If you have been trying to reach after such a solution for long, forget the forage and laugh your way to glory. Hundreds of people, consciously or unconsciously, have been benefitted by the positive effects of laughter. So, the next time you see a swarm of people laughing in the nearby park you should probably join them.
The following statistics state the health benefits of laughter:
- Laughing can help you burn calories: If you want to burn some calories the easiest way is to laugh for more than a while. Laughing for a few minutes can effectively burn ten to forty kilocalories. In order to make this kind of progress last, a person needs to laugh for an hour each day. Laughing can also reduce fifty percent of your anxiety thus heightening your energy levels.
- Laughing allows you to see from a different perspective: Being absorbed in your subjective perspective can be very bad for the decisions you make. Humor encourages you to maintain constructive distance from a problem in order to come up with a different perspective. In over seventy percent cases of clinical depression, humor has prevented patients from being overwhelmed by occurrences.
- Your cardiac health can be improved through humor: Being happy keeps your heart happy. So many people cannot workout even if they wish to. Severe injuries or other illnesses could hinder a person's intention of exercising regularly. They should laugh to treat their cardiac conditions. Laughing can make your heart pump as much as walking at an unhurried pace does.
- Laughter can increase the number of T cells: T cells are cells that make up a person's immune system. Laughing puts T cells in action and they immediately start defending your body against infections and diseases. Laughing can treat sixty percent of the common diseases human beings contract. One can deal with the threat of common cold or viral fever through his or her knack for humor.
- Laughter can deal with hypertension: Hypertension is a threatening condition faced by millions. Not caring for high blood pressure levels can result either in a stroke or a heart attack. The simple way to control hypertension is to laugh as much as possible.
I am 19 years old but I do not get my periods regularly. I have consulted gynecologists she tested me and said I have some air bubbles and until and unless they go I will not get my periods regularly. She said to use tablets and I hv used for 6 months. While I was using them I got my periods regularly but now when I stopped I am not getting. I am realizing that there is a kind of smell coming from me. Is weight is the only reason? Do I need to loose my weight? If yes then how can I loose my weight? Pls help me! I need any suggestion that helps me.
I have 3 months old baby and when few days back I fell ill and couldn't have proper food for 3 days I am now unable to produce enough milk. My left breast is producing negligible amount of milk.
Me and my boyfriend were fooling around on saturday. And he rubbed his penis On my vagina and then he cummed on my stomach where he kept one hand for the cum to fall and immediately rubbed the cum that dropped on my stomach with tissue after that he did not touch me again and he washed his hands and I cleaned up too. I wanna know if there is a chance of me getting pregnant from this m really worried and stressed now. What should I do?
She is 9 months pregnant and her platelets are very low that is only 64. So what to do in such case.
I am 21 years old I am having second abortion in span of 5 months by using MTP kit Does it affect my future pregnancy or my severe weight gain. As in my first abortion I gained weight which is very to reduce and can not possibly get rid of it.
What Makes the Aedes MOSQUITO so Dangerous?
There are about 3500 mosquito species in the world. Of them, the Aedes genus is responsible for the spread of the most deadliest diseases like Yellow Fever, Chikungunya, Dengue and now Zika Virus. The mosquito is easily recognized by the unique black and white lines on its body.
Here are certain reasons that make this genus of mosquito a threat to humans.
1. A preference for human flesh
It is the dietary preferences of some of the mosquitoes that make them very dangerous. While some species prefer livestock, amphibians, reptiles or birds, the Aedes aegypti prefer human flesh. Due to its affinity for feeding on humans, this species of mosquito is especially dangerous for people. Generally, it is only the female mosquitoes that drink blood; the male mosquitoes, on the other hand, live on water and nectar.
2. Can adapt to any environment
Another reason that makes them very dangerous is that they can adapt to any situation, making them a real menace. The preferred breeding areas for these mosquitoes are places where water stagnates like flower pots, buckets, tin cans etc. But they also breed closer to home as well in areas like wet shower floors or toilet tanks. For laying their eggs they require less than an inch of water and about 1 ½ week time to mature into adults.
In addition to breeding in shaded areas and outdoors, they also breed indoors. Moreover, the indoor environment being less prone to climatic changes, the mosquitoes tend to live longer. Since the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito leads to the spread of diseases, it is important to stop its spread or propagation.
3. Feeds throughout the day and all year long
Although these mosquitoes are known to most generally feed at day break and before nightfall, they can feed at any time of the day as well as spread infection throughout the year.
Once the virus gets inside the mosquito, it infects its mid-gut and consequently travels to its salivary glands over a time span of 8-12 days. Research reveals that most female mosquitoes spend their life span within the houses, and usually fly about 400 meters within the area.
My wife is 6 month pregnant and in her last sonography came to know that amniotic fluid level is 6.5.All the other things are normal like kidney function of baby, bp of mother and foetal weight is 226gm. How much risk is this condition? How we can increase amniotic fluid? How it may affect for baby?
Maintaining a healthy diet is of prime importance during a wedding season. Slightest of negligence can lead to unaccounted fat, leading to cardiovascular and other diseases. While working out can help to stay away from putting on the extra pounds, a healthy diet goes a long way in ensuring that the body functions at the optimum level.
Here is a list of important tips that will help to follow a healthy diet and refrain from putting on extra weight:
- Stay away from unnecessary fat: Most wedding parties have numerous food options. The high fat items such as dairy product, oily dishes should be eschewed in order to ensure that the body is not overstuffed with unnecessary fat that is difficult to get rid of.
- Look at the portion size: Another good way of maintaining a healthy diet is to pick and choose the right dishes and go for small portion size rather than going all out for the one dish one likes. There is no harm in trying multiple dishes, but the same should be done in small portion sizes.
- Planning for the day: One critical aspect of eating healthy is to eat throughout the day. On the day of a wedding, there are many people who tend to save the stomach for the party meal or drink. This is a very bad approach as far as eating healthy is concerned. A good way to plan the day is to eat light throughout the day. Salad, for instance, comes as a relief during the wedding session.
- Making a routine: Sticking to a diet chart helps a great deal in maintaining a healthy diet. The diet chart should comprise of multiple options. For instance, one need not stick to an oatmeal for breakfast every morning. Variety will help to break the monotony and encourage a person to stick to the diet routine.
- Calorie count: In continuation of the diet chart, keeping a rough count of the calorie consumed on a daily basis also helps to stick to a healthy diet. Calorie count is a good way of keeping track of what one is eating and how much impact it will have in the longer run. Since wedding parties tend to possess a lot of food items, a rough calorie count will help an individual to balance the calorie count in the next few days.
- Refrain from too much drinking: Staying away from alcohol can be difficult in wedding parties, but their consumption increases the urge to eat more. It, therefore, makes sense to not consume more than a couple of drinks in any wedding party.