Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rita KapoorYour feedback matters!
What are the physical symptoms in body in very first month of pregnancy. And maximum days of delay of periods after having unprotected sex from regular periods.
How do I know whether a girl is pregnant o not. What are the early signs of pain. Because she is having pain in her stomach on her left side. Is this the sign of pregnancy o not?
Dear Doctor, after sex with my wife my sperm is getting released in her vagina but after 30min or an hour so when she uses bathroom all the sperm getting injected in her vagina is falling down. Please suggest what to do such that she becomes pregnant.
I am suffering from white discharge problem. I am having Hempuspa syrup and medicine but not cured completely. Can you suggest some medicine with minimum side effects.
हल्दी के गुण अनंत हैं। हल्दी पर रोज नए शोध हो रहे हैं। भारतीय आहार शैली में यह आदिकाल से शामिल रही है। किसी समय इसे रंग के तौर पर भी इस्तेमाल किया जाता था। यह एक सर्वगुण संपन्न एंटीबायोटिक्स तो है ही, प्राकृतिक चमत्कार के रूप में भी इसकी ख्याति है। यह कैंसर से लेकर अल्झाइमर्स तक कई बीमारियों को ठीक करने के लिए इस्तेमाल की जाती है। इन २० कारणों की वजह से हल्दी को अपने आहार में जरूर शामिल करना चाहिएः
1. यह एक प्राकृतिक एंटिसेप्टिक एवं एंटिबैक्टेरियल एजेन्ट है। हल्दी का पावडर जले और कटे अंग पर लगाने से संक्रमण का जोखिम कम हो जाता है।
2. हल्दी को फूलगोभी के साथ मिलाकर खाने से प्रोस्टेट कैंसर की आशंका जाती रहती है। इसके अलावा अगर प्रोस्टेट कैंसर हो तो उसका बढ़ना रुक जाता है।
3. हल्दी स्तन कैंसर को फेफड़ों में जाने से रोक देती है।
4. हल्दी से मेलानोमा यानी काले तिल उभरना रुक सकता है। इसके अलावा हल्दी त्वचा का रूप निखारने के लिए सदियों से भारत में इस्तेमाल की जाती रही है।
5. बचपन में होने वाले ल्यूकेमिया यानी रक्तकैंसर का जोखिम कम हो जाता है।
6. लिवर शुद्धि के लिए यह एक प्राकृतिक छन्नी है।
7. हल्दी मस्तिष्क में बनने वाले एम्लोयड प्लॉक की वृद्धि एवं निर्माण रोककर एल्जाइमर्स की बढ़त पर रोकथाम कर लेती है।
8. यह कई प्रकार के कैंसर की वृद्धि पर रोकथाम लगाती है।
9. यह दाह और जलन को दूर करने का एक प्राकृतिक पदार्थ है। यह कई एंटी-इन्फ्लेमेटरी ड्रग्रस से बेहतर काम करती है और इसके कोई साइड-इफेक्ट्स भी नहीं होते।
10. यह प्राकृतिक दर्द-निवारक है।
11. हल्दी मल्टीपल स्क्लेरोसिसस की रोकथाम करने में समर्थ है।
12. यह वजन कम करने के साथ फैट मेटाबोलिज्म में मदद करती है।
13. अर्से से इसे अवसाद दूर करने के लिए इस्तेमाल किया जाता रहा है।
14. हल्दी आर्थ्राइटिस और रिह्यूमेटाइड ऑर्थ्राइटिस का प्राकृतिक निरोधक है।
15. हल्दी कीमोथैरेपी में इस्तेमाल की जाने वाली दवा पैक्लिटेक्सेल के प्रभाव को बढ़ा देती है और इसके साइड-इफेक्ट्स को कम कर देती है।।
16. पैंक्रियाज ग्रंथि के कैंसर पर हल्दी के प्रयोग पर हुए शोधों के नतीज़े सकारात्मक आ रहे हैं।
17. किसी भी ग्रंथि में नई रक्त नलिकाओं के निर्माण को हल्दी सफलतापूर्वक रोक देती है।
18. घाव को जल्दी भरने के साथ-साथ यह क्षतिग्रस्त त्वचा को भी ठीक करती है।
19. सोरायसिस सहित त्वचा की कई बीमारियों के इलाज़ में हल्दी से मदद मिलती है।
20. कच्ची हल्दी पर हुए प्रयोगों से पता चलता है कि इससे शराब के कारण क्षतिग्रस्त हुए लिवर को ठीक करने में मदद मिलती है।
पित्ताशय की पथरी एवं पित्त की रुकावट के मरीजों को हल्दी का प्रयोग नहीं करना चाहिए। गर्भवती महिलाएँ हल्दी का खूब उपयोग करती हैं लेकिन इससे गर्भाशय की प्रक्रिया भी तेज होने लगती है इसलिए किसी स्त्री रोग विशेषज्ञ की सलाह से इसे इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए
Conventional medicine treats pain with the help of medications; by either blocking the transmission of pain signals in the body or by correcting the underlying problems caused by the pain in the first place. However, traditional and alternative forms of medicine such as acupuncture manage pain issues within the body through the means of redirecting disrupted energy flows. One of the very few forms of alternative treatments used in conjunction with conventional treatments, acupuncture is seen as a mercurial rise in popularity in the past few decades.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture dates back to ancient China, about 2500 years ago. It has been widely practiced there for a number of millennia, not only pain relief, but also for treating many ailments. Acupuncture isn’t just considered a form of therapy, but a holistic form of medicine. Acupuncture works on the principle of the flow of energy within the body, also known as ‘Qi’, in traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture strives to correct the disruptions in ‘Qi’ that may cause pain by manipulating over 2000 of the specific pressure points within the body with the help of specially created needles.
Where is acupuncture effective?
Acupuncture is very effective in treating a host of ailments, especially in relieving the associated pain. Some of the areas where acupuncture has proven its effectiveness are:
1. Treating nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients
2. Very useful in treating post-operative pain caused due to dental procedures
3. Rehabilitating patients who have suffered strokes
4. Fibromyalgia (musculo-skeletal pain with fatigue accompanied by sleep and memory issues)
5. Effective in combating withdrawal symptoms caused due to addiction
6. Pain from menstrual cramps
7. Tennis elbow
8. Osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis caused due to the erosion of tissues present at the ends of one’s bones)
9. Pain of the lower vertebrae within the spinal column
How does acupuncture work within the body?
According to modern medicine, the specific pressure points utilized by acupuncture within the body help in releasing chemicals that can block or at least reduce pain. It encourages the flow of chemicals from the brain, which act as nerve and pain blockers. It also helps stimulate the muscles and nerve endings, which can lessen inflammation and thus help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
I am an MBBS graduate, 23 years old. I have been noticing abnormal hair growth around the areola (these hair are thick and long), below the umbilicus, medial aspect of thighs, legs and toes and under the chin. My menstrual cycles have been regular .its only the last menstruation was delayed by 7 days. Got a hormonal profile done which revealed normalcy. The doctor prescribed tab. krimson for 6 months. Should I take it?
Hii my sister married age is 25 her right breast is larger then her left one is that because of any problem or is it normal .
Heavy menstrual bleeding, also known as Menorrhagia, refers to the state of abnormally heavy bleeding during periods. It’s common for women at the premenopausal stage of their life to experience heavy bleeding during periods; but if you are not among them, heavy menstrual bleeding is a matter of severe concern.
If you normally lose a lot of blood during your periods or experience severe cramps that prevent you from leading your normal lifestyle, you must first identify the cause of it.
Here are some of the most common conditions that are responsible for causing Menorrhagia.
Disturbed hormonal balance: Menstruation involves the shedding of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), whose build up is generally controlled by the balance between oestrogen and progesterone, the two significant hormones of your body. It sometimes happens that there is excess endometrium generation due to disturbed hormonal balance, which results in heavy menstrual bleeding.
Polyps: Sometimes heavy menstrual bleeding occurs due to the occurrence of uterine polyps, which are tiny growths appearing on the uterus lining. This condition is mostly prevalent among women of child-bearing age caused due to raised levels of hormones.
Intrauterine device (IUD): People who use birth control methods like Intrauterine device or IUD are likely to experience certain side effects which include heavy menstrual bleeding. If the cause behind your Menorrhagia is an IUD, you might need to remove it to get relief from the condition.
Pregnancy complications: If you experience your period later than usual and it is associated with excessive bleeding, it may be caused by a miscarriage. Moreover, you might also experience Menorrhagia in case of an ectopic pregnancy, a condition when the fertilized egg is implanted within the fallopian tube in place of the uterus.
Uterine fibroids: Women of reproductive age may develop noncancerous (benign) tumours in the uterus known as uterine fibroids. These fibroids can be responsible for giving you periods lasting longer than usual accompanied with excessive bleeding.
Cancer: Though it is a rare case, sometimes the reason behind heavy menstrual bleeding may be uterine cancer, cervical cancer or ovarian cancer.
Medications: Consumption of certain prescription drugs such as anticoagulants and anti-inflammatory medicines may lead to prolonged or excessive menstrual bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Sir at the time of menstrual she feeling very bad with the pain. Now she is using painkiller. Its will show any effect on future.?
Me and my partner had unprotected sex but I came outside her vagina. According to her 1 or 2 drops went inside her but she washed it with water throughout. Does that work or does she have to take a contraceptive pill?
She had unsafe sex with her husband but periods not come what can she do she does not want baby at moment.
I had sex with my husband 6th day of my period. I want to know when I got pregnant or which day I got pregnant. Help me.
Pregnancy loss could be devastating. Not only does it affect a woman mentally, but it also often takes a huge toll on her confidence. Post miscarriage trauma is a common phenomenon in this case. The range of emotion a woman might go through include denial, guilt, anger, depression envy and yearning. Although the process of grieving takes a lot of time, the first step towards post miscarriage trauma is to accept the inevitable and move on.
Here is a list of tips that will greatly help a woman to cope up with the loss:
- Take time: While listening to friends and family seems to be the best course of action around this time, your loved ones need not get priorities at this time. If you believe that clearing your baby’s belongings is causing pain to you, take the time to prepare yourself. Clear away the stuff only when you are emotionally ready to do so.
- Create memories: While a lot of people suggest to completely get rid of all the memories that are attached to the baby, it may not be a great thing to do. Studies have shown that creating a memory about your loss helps to heal faster. So go ahead and take a picture with your baby, plant a tree, take a footprint or christen the baby. Good memories attached to your baby will not haunt you about the loss.
- Take care: Do not neglect your personal health and well-being. Eat well, take enough rest, quit smoking and drinking and seek pleasure in your loved one's company. The more you embrace life, better are your chances to get back to the grooves. Following an old hobby or working out one hour per day goes a long way in the process of healing.
- Get your partner’s help: Being open about your emotions is a good thing to do. Express your feelings about the baby to your partner. The process of coping up can be entirely different from each other. What matters is to let each other’s feelings known. Your partner’s broad shoulder is your best bet to come out of your loss.
- Set the expectations right: Women often get cranky and irritated after a miscarriage. Speak to your loved ones and let them know about your feelings. This will help you to get your loved ones support you and let you heal quickly from your loss.
- Support group: It is very comforting to share your feelings with people who have already experienced the kind of loss you have faced. Sharing in person can reduce your pain a great deal. A spiritual healer or a professional psychiatrist can also play a crucial role in your recovery.
I am a 28 year old male, 2 weeks back me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex and she took an ipill, after a few days she had reddish/brownish discharge for a few days. This happened again last week and she took another ipill, but there's no discharge of any kind like last time. Her actual cycle is supposed to be end of every month. So we're worried about pregnancy. What is the safest, pain free and best way to get rid of the pregnancy in case she is pregnant?
1. Early scan at 6 weeks for confirmation of pregnancy with routine blood tests. (hb, blood group, hiv, hbsag, hcv, vdrl, urine routine examination).
Medicines- folic acid 5mg once a day and doxinate tablet three times a day for vomiting
2. At 11 to 13.6 weeks- dual marker test with nt nb scan.
If you have crossed 12 weeks and no vomiting constipation then start iron calcium and protein supplementation.
Diet consultation should be done.
3. At 16 weeks get your first tetanus toxoid injection as per who. Some may prefer taking later.
4. At 18weeks- anomaly scan to be done. And prenatal classes can be started.
5. At 20 weeks- 2nd tetanus toxoid injection.
6. At 22 weeks- fetal 2d echo, if you are suffering from diabetes, heart problem, hypertension, previous baby having anomalies etc.
7. At 24 weeks- fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels or dipsi test. (dipsi test can be done at first visit also)
8. At 28 weeks- routine ultrasound with colour doppler. Repeat blood investigations. Get yourself booked with hospital. Take fluvac if not taken previously.
9. At 32 weeks- visit your doctor for routine check up and discuss regarding hospital and delivery.
10. At 36 weeks repeat scan for growth, lie, presentation, and fetal wellbeing.
11. At 37 weeks- pelvic adequacy to check whether you can go for normal delivery. It helps obstetrician and patient in ruling out whether fetal head can pass through pelvis or not. And decision making regarding trial of labour. This is s poo specific for primi patients.
12.36 weeks onwards weekly nst should be done to check fetal heart monitoring.
This is standard protocol what we follow in practice. Others may vary or defer with it. Depending on different practice scenario and academic patterns.
All the best!