Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rita KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I missed my period. My tummy feels bloated, I have nausea, I feel thirsty very soon, I get a sudden tingle in my breast and feel hungry much frequently than usual. Please advise.
I'm 27 years old. I missed periods this month which was around 14th. So I did a bhcg test as well as thyroid tsh test. Bhcg test result is <1mIu/ml n TSH result is 7.8. What should I do? Should I expect pregnancy or not as I usually do have regular periods. Can anyone suggest what's the matter with me?
She has pain near breasts. Normally she feels it in night. She is having a 10 months old baby and she feeds him. What should we do?
I want to start skipping. But c section done on August 6th. Can I start Yoga and other work outs normally? Guide me best way.
My wife took I pill and we committed unsafe sex in 24 hrs of taking pill. Will she get pregnant please help.
When I have intercourse with my husband, penis is not entering vagina and my vagina is getting pain when I have intercourse what would be the reason please help me.
Age 28/F married. I conceived which I came to know via prega news meter. I doubted as it was 10 days above of my periods cycle but not get periods. We are not ready to have baby now so could you please suggest us the way to get dissolve it. Weigh: 45 to 49.
I am 1 month pregnant. So what have to do in this days. I know somehow that this is very risk period.
When I using my mobile my left breast s paining surely its by mobile I used sleep with mobile near before now not. Wat to do any serious.
I am 24 years old and 2 years before I intimated many times but now I worry about it. I don't want anybody know about my sex relationship. Is there any way that I can hide all this after marriage?
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should I do as I have gained 15 kg weight
Me and my wife intercourse on 1july 2017 and his pregnancy date was 16-17 but he his periods dosent comes this time and she feels tired Ness and feel she is pregnant but we are not ready to baby right now so we want to abort 17 -25 days baby so we think medical abortions but feel that it doesn't safe so please help me how to abort r is it safe medical termination and after termination bleeding how to stop?
Sr tell me the name of abortion pill tablet she is pregnant of 25 days please suggest and tell me sr.
Most women get accustomed to and know the pattern of their menstrual cramps. So, when something out of this pattern happens, they know it is not normal. There are various reasons for pelvic pains not associated with menses. The following are some common causes and it is always advisable to seek medical help, which will help in right diagnosis, early intervention and reduced complications.
- Ectopic pregnancy: If a fertilized egg has planted itself outside of the uterus or the womb, it is referred to as ectopic pregnancy. The fallopian tube is the most common place for ectopic pregnancies. There is associated pelvic pain, which is unilateral, sharp, and gradually worsens. There would also be associated bleeding which is darker than the regular bleeding. This again should be confirmed on an ultrasound and then the ectopic pregnancy removed.
- Endometriosis: The inner thick layer of the uterus could be infected leading to severe pelvic pain, especially in women who are in their 30s, who are not able to conceive. This is often ignored, considering it as normal and it continues to progress and could even result in infertility.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): Infections like gonorrhea or chlamydia travel up from the genital tract and reach the uterus. Infection along the entire reproductive tract can lead to severe pain. In most cases, if identified early, a course of antibiotics is all that is required to control this infection. Left untreated, it can even cause infertility.
- Ovarian cysts: Another common cause of pelvic pain, they are quite often asymptomatic, except for occasional pelvic pain. They also disappear with no medical intervention. Sometimes, however, it may get infected or rupture and can cause severe pain. This can is an indication for medical intervention. Ultrasound may be required for diagnosis and treatment may include surgical removal.
- Uterine fibroids: The fibroids are noncancerous growths, which can grow to a considerable size and fall short of blood supply. This may cause them to burst, which can be very painful.
- Miscarriage: Most miscarriages occur before 13 weeks of pregnancy and the usual accompanying symptoms of bleeding are severe pelvic cramps. If you are pregnant and notice bleeding with pelvic pain, it is advisable to immediately visit a doctor. Diagnosis may require an ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage. If medications are not sufficient to remove the remnants, then a dilation and curettage may be required.
- Non-gynecological causes: Appendicitis, urinary tract infections, hernia, lower spinal problems, irritable bowel syndrome can also cause pelvic pain. The cause should be identified and managed accordingly.
Unfortunately, most women continue to experience and suffer with chronic pelvic pain without a cause identified. A thorough internal examination can help identify the problem and treat the issue.